I've got MUSCLEs on my mind!

Attached Files

#27 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

Since I just moved into a new house, I also just completed redesigning my toy displays. We'll start with my toy bookcase. On the top shelf is Zoids Gojulus Giga, bootleg Grandizer, and black Unicron. The second shelf has various MUSCLEs and MUSCLE-related toys. Third, is the Jabba diorama, and fourth is the Star Wars/TMNT shelf.

Attached Files

#28 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:42 PM

A close-up of the Jabba diorama. I included aliens of all types, including Cantina aliens and bounty hunters, to fill out the display. I also included figures from all eras, from vintage to modern. Of note:

* POTF85 Han in Carbonite, far left, along with POTF85 Amanaman
* super-cool Ephant Mon on the left
* Saga Ultra Jabba as the centerpiece
* vintage Max Rebo band, far right, with the cool Sy Snoodles design

Attached Files

#29 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

Other favorite Star Wars figures are displayed on the shelf below. Again, there are figures from all eras, including the much maligned POTF2 line:

Front row: Chief Chirpa, vintage Yoda, POTF85 R2 w/ pop-up saber, Saga Teebo, POTF2 Yoda (still one of my favorite Yodas)
Second row: POTF85 Anakin Ghost, POTF85 Luke in Stormtrooper Gear, vintage 4-LOM (Zuckuss), POTF2 Han in Stormtrooper Gear (still the coolest SW mailaway ever), Darth Vader with Removable Helmet
Third row: vintage AT-AT Driver (behind Anakin), Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper, and Luke X-Wing, and POTF2 Chewie.

Behind all the loose figures are some carded figures: ROTJ Chewie variant, 21-back Hammerhead, and SW:Celebration II Jorg Sacul.

Attached Files

#30 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

Here's a close-up of the TMNT display on the third shelf, with vintage Playmates figures, a signed issue of TMNT #1 (vol. 4), and a copy of #6, which has a pretty sweet cover, I think.

EDIT: I added the new Playmates Turtles to the display as well.

Attached Files

#31 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

An update of some of my toy displays:

First, here's a shot of the Clonetrooper/Wookiee battle that's in front of my keyboard.

Attached Files

#32 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

Next is my Godzilla shelf. The front row is the Godzilla Chronicles set, which includes a mini figure for each Godzilla design from the movies. Behind the set is a bunch of Bandai and Banpresto Godzillas. And behind them all you can glimpse some Kaiju movies.

Attached Files

#33 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:17 AM

A close-up of the Godzilla shelf to show the detail of the mini figures: The mini figures in the front are (from left to right) 1955, 1962, 1964, 1974, and 1989. Behind them are Bandai Gigan and Godzilla 2001.

Attached Files

#34 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:19 AM

And finally, my completed BK Star Wars set. I used some extra foam from work to make the tiered display.

Attached Files

#35 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

I thought I'd post a few new pics of my collection. First, let's check out the Giant Monster shelf.

In the front row is the Godzilla Chronicles set. In the back row is Bandai Godzilla 2005, McFarlane Kong (with Microman Jet Jaguar and Godzilla 2005 in front), Banpresto Godzilla 2000 (with Hallmark Godzilla ornament in front), X-Plus Godzilla (with Microman King Ghidora in the back), Banpresto Mecha-Godzilla 2003, and Bandai Godzilla 2001 (probably my favorite Godzilla design).

Attached Files

#36 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:29 PM

Next is my Playmates Star Trek: TNG crew. I tried to get the characters in costume designs from the 4th season (which is my favorite).

The old Playmates Star Trek line was great, and is wrongfully maligned nowadays, in my opinion.

Attached Files

#37 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Next is my Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow diorama. In front are the vintage figures (at least, modern rereleases), then modern sculpts (with the mail-away Storm Shadow), and finally, the Sigma Six two-pack. I hate the Sigma Siz cartoon, but the figures rock!

Attached Files

#38 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

And finally (at least for now) is my Giant Robot display. In the very front row are SD Shogun Warriors. Directly behind them are Baron Karza and Raydeen, with bootleg Grandizer and Black Unicron behind them. And in the far back are the UniFive Gaiking, Dragoon, and vintage Gaiking. Grimlock and Slag are "bookending" the display.

Attached Files

#39 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

Shwing! :woot: hey, where do you get those wonderful godzilla toys? various sources, or do you have a pusher? ^_^
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#40 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

The Godzilla toys come from many sources: I remember the Microman toys came from BigBadToyStore; X-Plus Godzilla, Godzilla 2000, and Godzilla Chronicles came from eBay; Godzilla 2005 was bought from xxxxxxx; and Mecha Godzilla and Godzilla 2001 was bought at a comic show. So, there are various sources... although I'm sure you can find them all for relatively cheap prices if you do some eBay scrounging.

#41 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

Also, here's a shot of my Ninja Turtle collection. In the back row are the vintage figures, in the middle are the newer Playmates figures, and in front are the Mystic Force Turtles. Also, you can see in the back some of my favorite TMNT comics (at least, the issues with the coolest covers): #1 3rd print, #50, and Vol. 4 #1 (signed by Peter Laird, Jim Lawson, and Michael Dooney).

Attached Files

#42 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:53 PM

I admittedly have a puny collection compared to many of you guys, but I thought I'd post a shot of my display. I discovered that Metroplex makes a pretty cool Battle Beast city. So here it is: Beest City!

#43 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

I admittedly have a puny collection compared to many of you guys, but I thought I'd post a shot of my display. I discovered that Metroplex makes a pretty cool Battle Beast city. So here it is: Beest City!

Cough cough cough, very dusty thread it seems, but where's the pic mentioned above?
Would love to see it!

Greetz, and feel free to remove my post if it's out of context here!

DK.

PS you have lots of great and really cool stuff dude! Love that Zilla collection of yours!

Edited by Donkeykid77, 14 August 2009 - 01:26 PM.

Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#44 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

Huh... I wonder what happened to that pic! I think it was probably deleted when the boards merged. :/

#45 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

The second shelf is my MUSCLE/Kinnikuman shelf. On the left we have Romando Manmosman and my Tortle collection (including MUSCLEs, Kinkeshi, and Godbeast customs). The center features my MUSCLE "Hall of Fame" case with my favorite MUSCLE and Ultimate Muscle figures. And on the far right is some packaged vintage MUSCLE merchandise.

Do you still have the 4-pack from the picture in the post above?

I could use a picture of the Dark Blue, Green, Salmon/Orange, Magenta.

#46 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

The second shelf is my MUSCLE/Kinnikuman shelf. On the left we have Romando Manmosman and my Tortle collection (including MUSCLEs, Kinkeshi, and Godbeast customs). The center features my MUSCLE "Hall of Fame" case with my favorite MUSCLE and Ultimate Muscle figures. And on the far right is some packaged vintage MUSCLE merchandise.

Do you still have the 4-pack from the picture in the post above?

I could use a picture of the Dark Blue, Green, Salmon/Orange, Magenta.

Hm... I'm not sure. I'll check it out tonight and send you a pic if I have it. <_<

#47 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

On the wall is one of my drawings which replicates a frame from a Jim Lee Batman comic.

The drawing is actually pretty big: approximately 18" by 24".

I knew you were talented, but this is just insane. Awesome work man <_<

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com