• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

I have been sorting through some boxes that haven't been opened in a few years, and found some things that some of you may find interesting/humorous.

Years ago, my sister was digging through a box of toys at an estate sale when she found this fairly nondescript guy:
Attached File  IMG_0240.JPG   1.28MB   54 downloads
She was about to drop him back into the box, when the trademark on his inner thigh caught her attention. At that point, she decided it was too odd to pass up.

Attached File  IMG_0241.JPG   1.08MB   55 downloads
1982 GAY TOYS MADE IN HONG KONG

A few years later, I stopped at a garage sale just as it is about to close down for the day. The lady there was telling me that most of the items she hadn't sold were heading for the dump, and offered me a garbage bag full of broken toy vehicles for $2. I naturally accepted her offer (broken toys are always welcome in my home!), made a few other purchases from her, and headed straight home to sort through what I had gotten.
The bag had mostly G.I. Joe vehicles, with a few other oddities mixed in. One thing that caught my eye right away was a crappy, broken, plastic helicopter.
Attached File  IMG_0242.JPG   1.2MB   42 downloads
What made it stand out was that I had had the very same generic looking toy as a child. Amused, I flipped it over to check out the TM, and was surprised to see what it said:
GAY Toys Inc
799 LADD RD
WALLED LAKE MICH
MADE IN USA
ITEM 785
Attached File  IMG_0245.JPG   1.19MB   24 downloads

Quickly finding the action figure with the same TM, I found that he fits perfectly in the cockpit, though from his uniform and coloration, I am assuming that he was not intended to pilot this particular chopper.
This leads me to believe that there are other GAY TOY figures and vehicles out there.
Attached File  IMG_0243.JPG   1.38MB   16 downloads

If anyone has any others items or information on this company and it's lines, please share.

As a post script, I predict that this thread is going to be getting alot of hits for alot of the wrong reasons, based on google keyword searches alone!

Edited by fuzzbuster, 26 September 2010 - 07:43 AM.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

I believe Gay Toys Inc is now known as American Plastic Toys Inc. As for your pilot, I believe he was for a race car. But I can't find any specifics on the chopper or pilot in particular. eBay seems to have a small amount of Gay toys....and tons others that aren't listed under toys and hobbies.... from what I've heard. :mellow:

I can't find any MIB examples on the net though.

Posted Image

#3 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

when i saw the thread title, i was thinking about this
Posted Image

#4 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image
http://www.virtualto...laserforce.html

:rofl:
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#5 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

Both of those pictures are so awesome, for different reasons.

Thanks!

#6 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

I have a gun that goes into the back of something like that and I know I had the silver thing wit 3 guns, but it isn't that gun, maybe it's from another Gay toy snicker snicker, but I am serious.
Posted Image

#7 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

:lol: that's the funniest thing.. I can just see an episode of Seinfeld right now.. Imagine Jerry's voice.. "No.. I'm seeerious.. that what they're caaallled"

any toyline name that you gotta write "no I'm serious" in the subsection line to share with collectors is destined to be appreciated. ;) first rule, the general public should believe the name of the toyline when they hear it. that's hilarious.. thanks for sharing :D

#8 Dabeavis

Dabeavis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Classic Anime
    Pinball
    Video games - PC, I use emulators as well.

Mainly have Kinnikuman/MUSCLE stuff, but I also have some GI Joes and a custom painted MOBAT I found at a model show.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

Well there was a Gay Camper, Gay Tractor and Farm, Gay Police, And Gay School Bus as well
(Mike Mozart had a video about these)

Watching old anime as if it's in style, since whatever is trending nowadays just wouldn't suit me at all.

#9 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

I had that GAY LAZER car.

It was my ghetto-ass Millenium Falcon. Han and Chewie spent more time in that damn thing in the 80s than they ever did the actual ship. But then, I never had the original ship.

Edited by Taichi, 19 February 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#10 00Ice00

00Ice00

Lord Ice Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image
http://www.virtualto...laserforce.html

:rofl:

I had those two when I was smaller.... lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

Say what you will, but Gay Toys sure could take a beating. I remember ramming and ramming and ramming that thing into everything. It just never quit. You could take it to the beach and dig all kinds of tunnels and stuff, and it would just pummel any hole you drove it through. Durability and Stamina. Just a tough, well made toy.

Just when you thought you could break it, it showed you how tough it was.

When you want a tough, hard toy, beg for Gay, and don't stop until you've had enough!

Edited by Taichi, 20 February 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#12 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Say what you will, but Gay Toys sure could take a beating. I remember ramming and ramming and ramming that thing into everything. It just never quit. You could take it to the beach and dig all kinds of tunnels and stuff, and it would just pummel any hole you drove it through...

When you want a tough, hard toy, beg for Gay, and don't stop until you've had enough!

:rofl: LMFAO!:rofl:
This entire thread is pretty funny, in both deliberate and inadvertent ways, but your post is the icing on the cake.
I love a good laugh, and you've provided that in abundance :hi:.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com