Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The most amazing find in M.U.S.C.L.E. History!

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:38 PM

Okay, well maybe not THE most amazing find, but definitely in the top 2-3.

As you all know, I spend a ton of time on Yahoo Japan, acquiring stuff for the store. Matter of fact, I have been on incessantly over the last 2 months restocking the store (as it had gone pretty stagnant for a while). In the course of my browsing, I came across an auction for a M.U.S.C.L.E. 28 pack:
Posted Image

Now, I had seen this auction quite a few times before over the course of the last 3 years. I thought the guy was insane to have such a HUGE starting bid on a 28 pack of MUSCLEs. All he ever had was the above pic, and this one:
Posted Image

So usually, I would gloss over the auction, since I had seen it so many times before. But for some reason, I went ahead and opened the auction. What I saw made my jaw drop!

Posted Image

Immediately, I thought to myself, "These are Kinkeshi, they didn't make MUSCLEs up to Part 28." But the auction description said they were hard rubber. So I emailed the seller to ask specifically, were they eraser rubber or harder. He said harder. I figured he would know, since he was auctioning off a ton of kinkeshi at the time too.

So..... I asked for close up pics of the figures. And while I was waiting for them, I went ahead and opened up a mini book for Part 28 (the paper brochure that comes in the capulse with kinkeshi) and looked for the date. 1986. So next I rn to Veers site, as he had the Mattel catalogs and saw that MUSCLEs were in the 1986 and 1987 catalogs. So, I figured that if Part 28 was released in 1986, that it could be possible that a super rare could be found from that part.

At this time, I was so excited, I had to tell someone, so I emailed Jason (Doc_Moore_J) and told him. We had a lengthy conversation and I told him I would keep him in the loop.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:43 PM

The next day, I got the close up pictures from the seller:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even with the bad lighting, I couldn't believe my eyes. These looked DEAD ON like MUSCLEs. So what did I do? I put in an early buyout offer to the seller.

To my chagrin, he declined. So I waited, all the time keeping Jason in the loop via email. And I waited. Last day of the auction came and i was up at 5 AM watching it, ready to bid higher if need be..........

And guesswhat, I WON!!!!!!!!!

I was so freakin' stoked!

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

Now that I had won, I decided to let Nate (tortle) and Chad (Veers) in on it. Nate becuse, well he is Nate and Chad because I figured the speculation would give him ulcers, hahaha. So we all fired emails back and forth and specualted some here, some there. As was to be expected, Nate was skeptical. So was I. I knew they weren't kinkeshi, but I was thinking they might be some sort of glossy bootleg.

hey were slotted to arrive Wednesday, but because of the freakin holiday, they got here yesterday.

I came home for lunch and ripped the package open right away!

One of the things we had speculated on was the packaging. Maybe this was a test shot that never made it's way across the pond. Mabe the packaging was different? So the first thing I looked for was packaging differences. Nope, none.

But when I opened it.....

Oh man. Can you imagine my delight/relief/surprise/etc to see 28 shiny MUSCLE staring back at me, 11 of which were non-MUSCLE sculpts!

So, I took some pics and sent them to Jason, Chad and Nate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:54 PM

I wasn't sure how to break the news. I wanted to do something like this, but then there was also the possibility of a KMW episode. Maybe a Battle Royal, but I didn't have the time to do a full match. Then I noticed that the pics for episode 20 had been taken already (almost 2 years ago, hehe) so I figured I'd do that. Then I decided to change the epsiode format to flash, and it took a lot longer than I had planned on. So, you guys got the glimpse you did last night.

But, now th the cat is out of the bag, I figured I'd put the full story out there.

Enjoy guys!

#5 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:16 PM

Okay, well maybe not THE most amazing find, but definitely in the top 2-3.

Let’s not be gracious about this find, this is hands down the most amazing find ever! Period. Nothing else comes even remotely close.

Congrats Johnny! :devil:

#6 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

Oh... my.. god... what do you mean it's not the biggest!? This is effing major! AND a new KMW? Is it a full moon, or are the planets aligned tor something? This rules! :devil: -_- :M:
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

Can you link everyone to the actual auction page Jon? Or give us the item #. I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.

Posted Image

#8 Mr. T

Mr. T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

speechless... :devil:

Posted Image

#9 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

INCREDIBLE!!! -_- :devil:

:M:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#10 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

Johnny, I think this is a front pager for sure! :devil: so many questions, so litle time...
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

Let’s not be gracious about this find, this is hands down the most amazing find ever! Period. Nothing else comes even remotely close.

I agree. A 28-pack full of Super-Rares totally changes our perception of the Super-Rares, and it introduces a lot of turmoil into the debate. This is, in fact, the most significant find in MUSCLE collecting. This trumps the other Super-Rares, Nestle Quik Can, and even the MUSCLE Truck.

#12 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

All I can say is: wow!
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#13 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

The find of the DECADE!!! Actually the MOST INCREDIBLE find of G1 muscle collecting EVER!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;)

15 TOTAL SUPER RARES!!! :o

OMG!!!

Jkaris needs to contact LEE's to do a pull out guide for G1 MUSCLES!!! :devil: -_- :M:

TGB

#14 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:39 PM

I agree. A 28-pack full of Super-Rares totally changes our perception of the Super-Rares, and it introduces a lot of turmoil into the debate. This is, in fact, the most significant find in MUSCLE collecting. This trumps the other Super-Rares, Nestle Quik Can, and even the MUSCLE Truck.

I agree totally with Nathan here...This is THE MOST SIGNIFICANT M.U.S.C.L.E. DISCOVERY!!! EVER!!!!!

This opens up all new theories as to which parts, if not ALL Kinnikuman Parts, were possibly created into M.U.S.C.L.E.s, except of course the ones that came out after M.U.S.C.L.E.s were no longer being produced...like Part 30 which was made after 1986.

If Bandai produced the entire Kinkeshi line as M.U.S.C.L.E.s then they could ALL be out there somewhere, just never distributed to the U.S. and possibly all somewhere in Japan hiding in the shadows!

Holy shizznit what a SCORE!

Congrats Johnny! :devil:

-_-
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#15 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

This is amazing. Were they even making all flesh 28 packs that late in the line? Maybe the super rares are all flesh because they were discontinuing the multi coloreds and going back to just flesh with the new sculpts but then the line got axed. It's like we have to revamp our thinking completely. I'm glad you of all people found it and won it.

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

Now, I had seen this auction quite a few times before over the course of the last 3 years. I thought the guy was insane to have such a HUGE starting bid on a 28 pack of MUSCLEs.

The most sickening thing about this is that it was available to ALL of us one way or another for the past 3 years on Yahoo Japan!!! :devil:

-_-
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

As far as it being a 28 pack, we are not even sure that they came in this pack. But the fact that they were in a 28 pack in the auction, and that the ones that generally come in that 28 pack were not in there, makes me think that this was a salesman's sample.

The seller knew they were rare, and had "super rare" in the auction title, and I did pay a good sum for them (which was his opening bid), but as the Japanese don't care about MUSCLEs, no one else went for it.

Here is the auction title:

キン you turn off, super rare mono postage no charge!

And the description:

We ask with complete no claim no return no cancellation. Please read the self introduction column. In the Japanese country almost it is procurement impossible. Because the die seems that uses Japanese ones, it is possible and it is the element clear forcing. It meaning that gum is different, in the collector item it is the one item which cannot be missed. As for the box there is some pain. Acknowledgement. Only dispatch outside fixed form is the postage free. Details of content the picture verification. It is possible, if we answer to question. We ask may.

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

The most sickening thing about this is that it was available to ALL of us one way or another for the past 3 years on Yahoo Japan!!! :devil:

True, but until recently, he didn't have that 3rd picture up.

#19 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

The most sickening thing about this is that it was available to ALL of us one way or another for the past 3 years on Yahoo Japan!!!  :devil:

True, but until recently, he didn't have that 3rd picture up.

Otherwise it would have sold probably instantly! Wow, what a find! -_-

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

Question 1:
It probably is gum of turning off rubber type? It probably is hard gum?

Answer 1:
The answering of question becoming slow, there is no excuse. As for gum you think that it is somewhat hard. Bid we ask may.

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

The seller finally answered my question.

"my friend gave me that item long time ago so I have no idea"

That sucks.

#22 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

The seller finally answered my question.

"my friend gave me that item long time ago so I have no idea"

That sucks.

Dammit! :devil:

And so the mystery continues... -_-

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#23 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

So how much did you pay for it?
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

So how much did you pay for it?

Honestly, I'd rather not say, sorry. But it was more than the rarer of the kinkeshi 28 packs sell for. In the hundreds.

#25 Mr. T

Mr. T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

I'm sure it was worth every cent!
:devil:

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com