#1 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I was looking at my recent batch of Battle Beasts and I got a cool idea. We all see that the armor is color coded. Why not have the armies grouped per color? Like in Romance of the Three kingdoms? lol

I know it sounds tacky but I see a huge group of color choices and most of them revolve around either blue, yellow, green or red (wei, han, shu, and wu). I think I will start building battle lines with those color choices. Now I need to define character roles. Any help would be appreciated :p I am including BB, LB, BS and the hilarious minis as advisors.

I got the first batch ready:

Wei:

Sledgehammer Elephant- Dian Wei (because he is big and his sword resembles one of his twin halbreds)

Roamin Buffalo- Xu Zhu (fellow body guard with Dian Wei. Big as an ox as described lol)
Rubberneck Giraffe- Pang De (tall yet gentle)

Shu:

Deer Stalker- Guan Yu (most graceful one I could find lol)

Han:

Prickly Porcupine- Yuan Shu (Devious and backstabbing)

Hunchback Camel- Zhang Shu (Leader of the yellow turbans and a fake sorceror)

Wu:

Bloodthirsty Bison- Huang Gai (an older man)

Updated: 06/13/2014 :p

Edited by thenerdieststore, 13 June 2014 - 10:29 AM.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

How do you mean the armor is color-coded? Specifically, the figures in the 1-76 series are all coupled together based on their skin/fur color (an observation that was mentioned recently in this thread,). It is plainly laid out on the mini character poster shown in that thread as well though somehow I don't think anyone ever noticed the correlation. Each pair represents Kings/Emperors of a specific domain or "kingdom" though the animals don't necessary match in any specific way beyond color. This is actually how I have the figures organized in my display. 

Edited by bachamn, 13 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#3 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

How do you mean the armor is color-coded? Specifically, the figures in the 1-76 series are all coupled together based on their skin/fur color (an observation that was mentioned recently in this thread,). It is plainly laid out on the mini character poster shown in that thread as well though somehow I don't think anyone ever noticed the correlation. Each pair represents Kings/Emperors of a specific domain or "kingdom" though the animals don't necessary match in any specific way beyond color. This is actually how I have the figures organized in my display. 

Ahhhhhhhh what I meant is that there seems to be colors and off colors. The three kingdoms saga is fantacised with color codes thanks in part to Koei's Dynasty Warriors. I just thought it would be cool to set them up for war and pose them in battles. I have mine posed in numerical release numbers :p to lazy lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

gotcha, and yeah I knew you were mostly just talking grouping them into Romance alliances; I just thought it was interesting that you mentioned that and they are in fact grouped that way (kind of) but by the other color, not their armor :)

#5 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

gotcha, and yeah I knew you were mostly just talking grouping them into Romance alliances; I just thought it was interesting that you mentioned that and they are in fact grouped that way (kind of) but by the other color, not their armor :)

Hahahaha. I think they did it on the sly. Takara can be super crazy organized when they want to be. Beast Saga is proving that one. Wish hasbro could take a page out of their book but thats just me lol

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com