• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hello everyone!

I just got back from a field research course in Belize. This past spring, I started a Master's in Zoology program that concentrates on field conservation efforts, so for the next three summers, I will be traveling to a foreign country for class. And I plan to bring some battle beasts with me to each country that I go to. And I started that this year with Belize. While in Belize, I got to study and see out in the wild Black Howler Monkeys, Manatees, Sting Rays (Southern, Yellow and Spotted Eagle Rays), Conchs, Scorpions, Coral Reef and many more. And I got to swim with a 9 foot Bull Shark and a 3 foot Barracuda. It was a ton of work, and I am absolutely exhausted coming back, but it has been an amazing journey. Anyways, on to pictures!

Attached File  IMG_0910.JPG   86.25K   12 downloads

It's not a great picture, because it was just taken as a screen grab real quick off of my underwater camera, but it has a lot of meaning to me. I took Sawtooth Shark out in the ocean with me. I went snorkeling and free-diving past "the Wall" at the barrier reef of Belize. The water I was in was 4000 feet deep and had 8-10 foot waves while we were out there. But, I had Sawtooth Shark strapped in inside one of my pockets, and after about several hours in the water, a 9 foot Bull Shark came swimming up to me to check me out. I have a video that I took of him swimming under neath me after he went to swim away. It was amazing. So I took this picture just after I got back into the boat.

Attached File  IMG_0999.JPG   212.02K   15 downloads

Anteater, Aardvark and Tapir enjoying a Belizean iced coffee in the village of Placencia. (As a little side note, the Tapir is the national animal of Belize, hence why I took him with!)

Attached File  IMG_1504.JPG   98.27K   11 downloads

Chameleon operating a night mission in the waters off of Tobacco Caye. Here, the water was only a couple feet deep, and Chameleon is posed on a rock he has just crawled out of the water onto. However, we are only about half a mile away from "the Wall" where the depth will rapidly drop from about 30-40 feet deep to suddenly several thousand feet deep.

Attached File  IMG_1528.JPG   105.89K   14 downloads

Iguana and Snake dueling in the sands of Tobacco Caye, towards the center of the island. The island itself was only 5 acres, so even at the center of the island, it was still white sand beach.

Attached File  IMG_1657.JPG   118.61K   14 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1662.JPG   69.89K   16 downloads

Chameleon, Iguana, Leapin' Lizard and Snake at the Mayan ruins of Altun Ha, with the western building in the background.

Attached File  IMG_1688.JPG   166.04K   21 downloads

Chameleon, Iguana, Leapin' Lizard and Snake doing some rock climbing at Altun Ha, with the Temple of the Sun God in the background.

Attached File  IMG_1660.JPG   72.03K   20 downloads

Minimates Snake at Altun Ha

#2 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Awesome :)

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#3 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

haha this is great.

#4 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Love it! lol we need more BB on stuff

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#5 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Very cool!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com