#1 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

I was going through a Wikipedia page for pokemon and came across this. Thought it was very interesting. Anyone knew about this case? Any details maybe?

Monster in My Pocket

In March 2000, Morrison Entertainment Group, a small toy developer based at Manhattan Beach, California, sued Nintendo over claims that Pokémon infringed on its own Monster in My Pocket characters. A judge ruled there was no infringement, so Morrison appealed the ruling in November 2001.[68]

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

This is because the Japanese name of pokemon used to be Pocket Monsters which they though was to similar to Monsters in my pocket though after a while it got changed to Pokemon worldwide. For Extra irony the very first concept artwork of pokemon which was created in 1990 had the series named Capsule Monsters a name which years later was used for a Yu-Gi-Oh spin off called Capsule Monsters Colosseum on PS2.

Green_Box_Front-Back.jpg

Notice Leaf Green version the Remake one is now called Poke'mon instead.

1362.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

Still think it is pretty awesome lol I assumed it was because of the pocket monsters part. Ill see if I can dig more up about it when I am at work tomorrow.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com