132 replies to this topic

#101 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi, I will be out of subject but I just need to know why some of you are using the word "repos" instead of "repros" please?

It is a serious question I precise lol (English is not my first language)

At my eyes: Reproduction is "Repro" right?

Edited by tokyonever, 25 May 2013 - 01:36 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#102 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hi, I will be out of subject but I just need to know why some of you are using the word "repos" instead of "repros" please?

It is a serious question I precise lol (English is not my first language)

At my eyes: Reproduction is "Repro" right?

Repro is indeed the correct shortage looking at the word it orginates from Reproduction, but some of us (including myself) use repo. Guess its something that somehow somewhere has gone wrong in the beginning. After posting a reply or topic with repo in it I always think I should've used repro.......... but in the end think both are clear enough I hope ;) 

Believe we already had a topic/discussion about this somewhere as repo seems to be commonly used out here on the board by some so it might be the result of someone who's spelled it wrong and it became copied. Think its someting between the LRG members out here as its a common (accepted) issue.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#103 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

Thx a lot for your answer GJNL, I was just a little disorientated reading this thread haha!

Edited by tokyonever, 25 May 2013 - 02:37 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#104 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Some of us (including myself) use repo.

"Repo" is short or slang for "repossess."

#105 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

It should be

"Repo" is short or slang for "repossess."

Yep. If you are using REPO, then you are using the wrong word.

It is REPRO.

Using repo to refer to a reproduction is like using dog to refer to a tiger. You can't call an apple an orange folks.

#106 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

I just think it's great that someone who's first language isn't English is the one to point it out. And then there's people who's first language IS English defending the systematic murdering of the language. Some of the posts read like a Jackson Pollock painting. I can't imagine trying to make heads or tails of some of the thread coming from outside.

#107 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Some of the posts read like a Jackson Pollock painting. 

I can't even describe to you, how much I love this.

#108 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

I can't even describe to you, how much I love this.

The analogy, or a drunk splattering paint?

#109 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

The analogy, you schmuck.

#110 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

I was just clarifying, silly.

#111 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

ANALogy, Luko.

#112 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well.... I was going to say if you're a Pollock fan, we'd have to part ways :p

#113 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

What are you talking about? I think Ed Harris is the man.

#114 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

REPRO it is!

On topic again because I think there's been enough time composing an answer to the subject discussed here.

I'm sure there've been some PM's going behind the scene's of this board with Venom by some of the people who were defending him here, and since Venom seems not very willing to reply so far maybe someone else is able to give a final answer so we all know what went wrong.

And if not this topic might end in silence, or with a (with all respect) useless discussion about how the English language should be applied, but we'll always stay on the look out to prevent scams like these! 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#115 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Also poop

#116 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well, at least if somebody passes the ban-hammer, we'll be notified.

And yes, "poop".

#117 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

REPRO it is!

On topic again because I think there's been enough time composing an answer to the subject discussed here.
I'm sure there've been some PM's going behind the scene's of this board with Venom by some of the people who were defending him here, and since Venom seems not very willing to reply so far maybe someone else is able to give a final answer so we all know what went wrong.

And if not this topic might end in silence, or with a (with all respect) useless discussion about how the English language should be applied, but we'll always stay on the look out to prevent scams like these!

I got a long email from him yesterday. He's got a lot of more important stuff going on with real life right now. I'm sure at some point he'll be back around but from the sounds of it, it won't be soon.

I will say this, I still believe 100% that he listed legit guns, not the repros. I say this because, despite the circumstantial evidence that has been brought up, the guy has not done one dirty or dishonest thing in the 9 years he has been here. All his transactions have been perfect. So for those of you who have not known him that long, I completely understand your conclusion. But for me, the odds of an honest person turning scammer overnight are really long odds and I just don't buy it.

Anyways, he mentioned that at some point he'll get his stuff listed again. I did offer to ebay the weapons for him though, to assuage any lingering fears caused by this. He may or may not take me up on that offer, but I figured I'd try to help him out.

#118 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

I got a long email from him yesterday. He's got a lot of more important stuff going on with real life right now. I'm sure at some point he'll be back around but from the sounds of it, it won't be soon.

I will say this, I still believe 100% that he listed legit guns, not the repros. I say this because, despite the circumstantial evidence that has been brought up, the guy has not done one dirty or dishonest thing in the 9 years he has been here. All his transactions have been perfect. So for those of you who have not known him that long, I completely understand your conclusion. But for me, the odds of an honest person turning scammer overnight are really long odds and I just don't buy it.

Anyways, he mentioned that at some point he'll get his stuff listed again. I did offer to ebay the weapons for him though, to assuage any lingering fears caused by this. He may or may not take me up on that offer, but I figured I'd try to help him out.

Thanks for the reply.

Let me get clear that even in case you list these weapons yourself without mentioning these are Repro's your in the some position as Venom positioned himself in, its not a matter of who offers them because its about what gets offered! As I mentioned in my first reply within this post these are 100% repro guns and with all the facts found and shared here the only conclusion I can come to at the moment is that I'm more than 200% sure about this now. What did he share with you about having bought the Repro set of Lasers from Imountainteacher (the Chinese set that was offered)? Because when he's out of the game these also have to be sold..............

Don't get me wrong as (again) I've nothing against Venom as a member and I'm sure he does have real stuff which we will all be bidding on as were not starting some kind of witch-hunt ignoring or alarming about all of his Ebay listings because the only thing that counts is the facts and circumstances they are listed under. If he lists Repro's that's fine but not without mentioning them as such.

Due to the clear connection with Imountainteacher having bought the repro set of guns I can't believe Venom didn't knew about this and in case he doesn't apologize for this or give a clear and plausible explanation this scam will always been remembered.....

Pictures say more than a 1000 words so in 99% of the cases only a picture is needed to confirm wether its a legit item or not since even the best repro's do have characteristics they can be unmasked with.    

Think its clear that we all like to give Venom anther shot to get him a fair amount of money for the items he'll be listing because in the end we all know how much time, effort and dollars we've been spending to get certain items but that also means you've to take your responsibillity concerning the items your listing. And in case you've been fooled yourself by having bought repro/damaged or incomplete stuff yourself in the past it doesn't allow you to list them as stuff that is intended and described to gain top prices.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#119 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Let me get clear that even in case you list these weapons yourself without mentioning these are Repro's your in the some position as Venom positioned himself in, its not a matter of who offers them because its about what gets offered!

The idea surely is that if jkaris is selling them on Venom's behalf, he'd be able to independently verify their authenticity. I thought that was implicit.

If you've gotten to the stage where you can't trust Jon, then you won't be able to trust any collector.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#120 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Let me get clear that even in case you list these weapons yourself without mentioning these are Repro's your in the some position as Venom positioned himself in, its not a matter of who offers them because its about what gets offered! As I mentioned in my first reply within this post these are 100% repro guns and with all the facts found and shared here the only conclusion I can come to at the moment is that I'm more than 200% sure about this now. What did he share with you about having bought the Repro set of Lasers from Imountainteacher (the Chinese set that was offered)? Because when he's out of the game these also have to be sold..............

Oh yeah, because I would definitely list a bunch of bootleg guns on eBay without mentioning that they were bootlegs. Right?

You are hilarious, man.

#121 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

We know this.

1. Venom has been a stand up guy for the better part of 9 years since he has been here.
2. He recently bought a set of reproductions from imountainteacher on ebay.
3. He listed 30 guns on eBay. Some silver, some gold.
4. There were 33 repro guns out of a total of 36 laser beasts guns made.
5. The marbling is not very apparent in the auction pictures.
6. Those pictures were taken in indirect lighting, not using a flash.
7. The repros have little to no visible marbling and are a slightly lighter shade of silver.
8. Depending on the angle and lighting, an original weapon will show little to no marbling (as evidenced in the picture Saleen took as well as some of the guide pictures).

Your guys arguments go like this:

1. I can't see the marbling, so they must be fake.
- A few people have mentioned to you that if you look over the pictures you can see faint marbling. Go back to ebay and look, it is there but light. The picture saleen took of the groundwolf weapon is a perfect example of the marbling not showing up in indirect lighting.

2. He bought a set of repros, so that proves these are fake.
- He also has a few TGB repros in his collection but that doesn't mean he is listing those. You are making the assumption that an honest person, who has both repros and originals would try to pass off his repros as originals. I also find it amusing that you think I would try to do the same. You are ignoring the possibility that he would list his originals first and sell the repros second. If you had both and were going to piece out your collection, what would you sell first?

3. He only listed those guns that had repros made.
- He listed 30 guns out of 36. There were 33 bootlegs made that he bought. If he were selling the repros don't you think he would have taken the extra 5 minutes and listed the other 3 bootlegs instead of stopping at 30? It makes more sense that he would have 30 originals and list those first.

4. He doesn't come here to defend himself every day.

- He's got a lot more important personal things going on in life now. He explained those to me, but whether or not he wants to share them with you is his choice. I'm not going to post his private life for you to read.

You look at the evidence and because you haven't known the guy very long, you come to the conclusion that they are the repros he bought.

I've known the guy for 9 years and come to the conclusion that the guns he listed on ebay were 100% original and NOT the repros that he bought. WHy? Because he gave me his word that they were legit, not the repros.His word has been good for 9 years. I see no reason to doubt him now, especially with the circumstantial evidence you are basing your conclusion on.

#122 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Right, well anyone can lie. Have him send you the weapons and verify.

#123 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

This has gotten absolutely bonkers. 

#124 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

How so?

As a relatively new member of this forum, I find it incredible that anyone trusts this guy simply because he's been here a while. There's good reason to believe that he was lying and yet no one pursues that. We'll take his word for it and leave it at that. Let's protect the old guard and ignore everyone else.

Again, I'm new here but from my perspective I see a few collectors trying to protect the community and a few who only seem to care about petting each other's asses.

#125 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Right, well anyone can lie. Have him send you the weapons and verify.

If he is too busy I doubt he is going to go through the trouble. Does anyone really know how many originals he actually owned by chance? We are assuming he has a complete set of both the originals and repros, we only know for sure that he has a complete set of repros.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com