Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Kinnikuman Tv Ecited, Scared, Both???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Kinnikuman Tv Ecited, Scared, Both??? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Kinnikuman Tv Ecited, Scared, Both???

1. Very Excited (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Excited (2 votes [20.00%])

3. Excited and scared (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Scared (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I messed myself (2 votes [20.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 18 July 2002 - 10:36 AM

Will we loose the uniqueness that has prevailed in the muscle community
since the early days of the MPS?

It is kind of nice to know when I put on my M.U.S.C.L.E. shirt that I am one of the few muscle heads.

Instead of having to explain what kinnikuman or muscle men are people will know.

So how do you all feel blessing or curse of finally seeing our favorite toy on TV and hopefully new toys re-released into the main stream?

I am both excited and scared. But bring it on.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 11:00 AM

I think we'll still retain some uniqueness, because what defines MUSCLE fans is different from what will define Kinnikuman fans. For example:

-MUSCLE fans are defined by a single toy line consisting of small PVCs. The toys had no established personality, which was part of the appeal. Also, there were hundreds of different figures, all unpainted and unarticulated.

-Kinnikuman fans will be defined by a cartoon show, a toy line, and possibly other merchandising tie-ins like card games. The characters are established, and the toys will be drastically different. While there will most likely be PVC-sized figures, they'll probably be painted (and not as numerous as MUSCLEs). There will also probably be articulated action figures (something which is somewhat foreign to the American MUSCLE community).

Also keep in mind that Kinnikuman Generation 2 has different characters than the original Kinnikuman, so even the characters the toys represent will be different. So I don't think there will be much of an influx of new MUSCLE fans from the Kinnikuman cartoon... MUSCLE and Kinnikuman are different concepts. I could be wrong, though... it will definitely be interesting to see.

However, I voted "I messed myself" since I'm expecting quite a few flaming emails from parents about my site. "I can't believe my little Johnny did a search for Kinnikuman and saw your site! What violent, vulgar filth! It's people like you who make the Internet a dangerous place for children!"

Then I can respond with my traditional... "Honey, go crap in your hat."

-Nathan

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 11:22 AM

While Kinnikuman Neisei may go mainstream. M.U.S.C.L.E. will always be niche. Be ready for a HUGE influx to your pages though.

#4 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 18 July 2002 - 11:23 AM

what defines  MUSCLE fans is different from will define Kinnikuman fans.

I didnt think about that. The new craze will be kinnikuman.

Then lets hope that there will be some people that when they see some of the characters or figures that it reminds them of muscle men.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 11:40 AM

Do a search for Kinnikuman on Google (Yahoo) and you get:
1. Akia redirect (old site)
2. Email Group
3. Kinnikuman.info (Akia)

Msn and Alta Vista, you get Drage's page, but the email group is still on the first page.

I wonder if we should make a Kiddies section on our board? Don't know. I guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

Prep yourself for the influx.....

#6 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 01:00 PM

well as someone who has very limited exposure to kinnikuman, i voted for excited because i am, well, excited. i think it will be very interesting to see what everyone on here is always talking about. maybe i'll be able to figure out plot lines and relatonships between the figures etc. but mainly i am excited because it seems like this could be a cool (kids) cartoon, and there hasn't been one of those in a real long time. i'm trying to think of the latest good kids cartoon (and by kids i don't mean Futurama or DBZ or South Park or Adult Swim, although those choices could be easily argued) and the only one that really comes to mind is Invader Zim. I thought it was a pretty decent show and even downloaded all the episodes....but thats just my 89 cents (Canadian).

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 06:04 PM

i went with "excited and scared " because i have no real idea , i dont think what happens in the USA will effect me much
living in country australia i'm very much protected against outside influences
but i would not like to see to much change
the reason for this is i've been on a quest all my life to find other muscle heads and now that i've found you all i'd hate for us to lose our uniqueness
and i hate to be in a debate with 6 or 7 12yo kids arguing about a new toy line that they had no idea about where the hell it originated from.

do good

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 10:40 PM

If we ever get over run by the Kiddies, I will definately restrict them to a Kiddies section.

#9 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 01:19 AM

I went with "excited & scared" since as a Kinnikuman fan, I will be happy to see that the show is in fact on the air but the amount of editing/ bastitchizing will probally be humungous! More so than MobileSuitGundam or Macross! :( or even CartoonNetworks version of DBZ or CowboyBeBop.. Look at Gatchaman, it has a huge fan following as POTP but it's only a shadow of it's true self. I was talking to Taka and he had pretty much come to the conclusion that this would be the case for KG2 as well :angry: If they don't heavilyEdit it then i probally won't last long either.. :( I just need it to be out long enough to look at all of the new merchandise & get the coo stuff that's avaliable ;)

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#10 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 08:47 PM

We know that it'll be edited- 2nd generation was more crude/explicit/obscene than the first!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 22 July 2002 - 06:25 AM

If it is big then there will be uncut editions released sooner or later like DBZ.

#12 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 10:01 AM

I'm sure of the editing since it will be on a nonPay channel (hell, even cartoonNetwork censors stuff all the time). As for the release of the unCuts ala DBZ i think that would depend on popularity of the show and such. I'm going to try to get an HK version with subs since i know that those aren't censored. :angry:

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#13 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 27 July 2002 - 09:04 PM

I voted excited because I think introducing something new will bring interest to the M.U.S.C.L.E. community.

More power to that! B)

We will stil be unique though too, I think! :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#14 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 05:53 PM

It's definately exciting and now with the news about the wrestling game on the gamecube it looks as if there may well be some sort of kinnikuman craze. i voted excited and scared, scared in case they dont broadcast it in the UK, on that subject i dont suppose anyone from the uk has any idea if its getting released over here. we have fox kids but i couldnt find any info on their web page. i cant see how there wont be a toyline to follow, oh man i think i need to lie down for a bit. :huh:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com