91 replies to this topic

#1 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Cleaning out the attic and found a box that had muscle figures in it. It contained a purple claw. I remember being a teen and that was my favorite one. Just for fun I looked them up on eBay, I see there worth some money. Anybody need one or all of them? Make offer. jimdesautel@gmail I will prob list them on eBay if nobody here needs them.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

There sure are a bunch of Purple claws popping up!!!!

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Junkmutha, three points for you:

1 - We don't do "send me offers" on LRG. If you want to sell this item, that's fine, but list a starting point so everyone has an equal price to go from.

2 - Expect a lot of skepticism.

3 - You're honestly better off selling this on eBay. It'll get a lot of traction there, and if this is legitimate you have nothing to worry about except how much money you're going to get.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Ok. What do I need to do to prove its good?

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hi Jim,

Glad you got the account working.

Best bet on the claw would be to ebay him. He will go for anywhere between $400-$1000 depending on who is looking for him at the time.

You can always run a board auction if you don't use ebay:
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=171915

but you'd get more $$ on ebay.

#6 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

Ok. Thank you. I'll put him on eBay this weekend.

#7 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Reasonable starting bid would be sweet too. Don't just start it at $800 or something- you'll be disappointed. Yours looks a bit on the darkened side, doesn't have that vibrant tone anymore....might end on the lower side rather than in the $800 range.My opinion.

good luck and you'll definitely get some scratch for him.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 07 September 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Give him a good wash, and take a photo with him all oiled up.  That shit will sparkle and shine!

Best of luck!

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, good close up pics are all you really need, front, back, bottom.

Good luck! Please post the link here once it is up! :D

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Is that your total find, those 24 figures?  If so, I bet someone here can determine the provenance of the purple claw just by being among those 24 figures.

#11 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Is that your total find, those 24 figures?  If so, I bet someone here can determine the provenance of the purple claw just by being among those 24 figures.

Nope. Not coming from a box in an attic....they've been there since 86.

#12 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:42 PM

Nope. Not coming from a box in an attic....they've been there since 86.

If people know how the purple claw was packaged -- and what other figures it was packaged with -- then being among those figures (and only those figures) today would suggest that it is real. That is all I am saying.  

#13 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

I get ya. I just can't see any factual info on those figures being packaged with it. Good thinking, but no way to prove that they came from the same packs, etc....just impossible.

It's real just from the pics. NO fake claw matches muscle purple, I don't care what anyone says....they are always off.

#14 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

with the amount of purp claws popping up someone just may matched the color perfectly lol

this one totally looks real

#15 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

the only muscle color that I have seen matched is red. That's it. Not saying other colors can't be matched, but by custom guys casting stuff- none can seem to match flesh or any other color. The purple Skeletor from motuscle is close- but still not a match.

I've honestly never seen a fake purple claw. Every auction I have ever seen, they have real purple claws. There are repro claws and stuff, but those aren't trying to be passed as a m.u.s.c.l.e. claw.

This one totally looks real- I second that!

#16 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:46 AM

the only muscle color that I have seen matched is red. That's it. Not saying other colors can't be matched, but by custom guys casting stuff- none can seem to match flesh or any other color. The purple Skeletor from motuscle is close- but still not a match.

I've honestly never seen a fake purple claw. Every auction I have ever seen, they have real purple claws. There are repro claws and stuff, but those aren't trying to be passed as a m.u.s.c.l.e. claw.

This one totally looks real- I second that!

I don't want to shoot you down here, but there have been numerous auctions where the purple claw has been in question.

I know of, at the bare minimum, one auction that was widely agreed upon to be fake. The seller gave a big sob story about donating the money to a soup kitchen, and then a few months later magically had a second purple claw for sale too.

When dealing with situations like this, (random people popping up with extremely rare figures), it's totally acceptable to have a healthy level of skepticism.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#17 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:24 AM

Yeah, that soup kitchen auction is thee only one I have seen be a fake sale- the claw wasnt fake though was it?

I view the fake purple claw as a myth. Just me.

Seems people put the claw up as being fake when they really mean, the sale is fake- or if you sell it, will I get it, kind of thing.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 08 September 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#18 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:27 AM

I say, take the purple claw off the extremely rare list.

#19 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:47 AM

I personally think we talk about this figure way way too much.
It's all the discussions here that tempt people who have no history here to make their first post "I have a purple claw and I want close to $1000"
And this does attract counterfeit figures - I'm positive there are counterfeits out there, anything perceived as valuable is in the firing line to be copied.
I'm not saying this particular one is, I'm just saying it's quite possible.
Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#20 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

I personally think the whole classification of muscle figures has been taken too far....class B and C figures are now being sold for more than .50-1.00?? cmon man thats just crazy...i honestly dont think there is any difference in rarity between B & C figures...hell even a ton of class A figures pop up as much as some B & C's...every generation of muscle collector takes the Class system one step closer to ridiculousness....though this is just an opinion, what do i know

#21 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

This guy emailed me. I emailed him some advice. Basically pictures, LRG, and start at $0.99.

The picture he sent me looked much better than these. I think these are bad pictures.

I'd like to see more pictures too, but I'm thinking this one is real. He did some simple things that make me think it's real (I won't openly share, so scammers don't pick up on it.). But I will say it wasn't about the actual figure.

I also offered to help him sell it, probably for a small price. I know that's kind of a dick move. But I'm willing to bet that people will pay FAR more if they see his figure next to my real one. Hell, I could compare three bottoms! I did it with the SGS, and that worked out really well (for that I was paid in pictures).

EDIT: @TheRiddler I 100% agree. If used properly, then I stand behind it. But people have misused it. It was never a price guide. The guy from MUSCLETHINGS.com (or whatever it is), is one of the worst culprits. He's a nice enough guy, but he used my model to create a price structure for his website. Because his website looks great, he has a certain face validity that uninformed people buy-in to regarding prices.

Edited by General Veers, 08 September 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#22 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

I will take more pics now and post them up

#23 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

I'm willing to take more pics if you guys want more.

Attached Files

#24 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I understand the nervousness it's ok. It's real. Had it since new as a teen. I'll be listing it on eBay Saturday. I just realized that all the lighting sux in my house for photos. Lol. I'll take some of it in the sunlight tomorrow around noon.

Thanks.

#25 Junkmutha

Junkmutha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

Give him a good wash, and take a photo with him all oiled up.  That shit will sparkle and shine!

Best of luck!

What kind of oil? Or were you joking? Lol

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com