• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AzraelDarknut

AzraelDarknut

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Customizing various LRG's, Kaiju and action figures. Also, collecting various toylines (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Kinnikuman, etc.)

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

So, about two months ago I purchased a complete King Buster, a complete Strong Hurricane, and an incomplete Dragon Seahorn. Here's a picture:

DSC_7641_zpsb3e3d033.jpg

The Strong Hurricane has an original shield (at least that's what the seller told me), King Buster has a small rub spot on his foot, and Dragon Seahorn has paint rub on the end of his horn. Anyone know what these guys are worth? I know that these are rarer than the normal Laser Beasts, but my knowledge on them ends there.

My Instagram (where I sell various Power Rangers items and showcase my customs): @azraeldarknut

My Customs Thread

Ask about commissions!

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

A strong hurricane without weapon and shield recently went for $28, with shield for $27, and another one with shield for $68.

A King Buster without weapon recently went for $97, $104, and $54.

A dragon sea horn boxed recently went for $150, and loose with weapon $102.

I'm sure condition play the part in the varying prices.

Edited by Ericnilla, 26 August 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Guess Eric above gave you an estimate based on Japanese prices but these are not very realistic since those were sales at a moment when the market was flushed with Beasts and a lot of others were out so some of these might´ve slipped through for very low prices.

The pic is not very clear though since it would be impossible to tell if the shield is real, whether there is damage on the beak of the Hurricane (which it often has) and I think there´s a possibility your King Buster weapon might not be real since I see some kind of sparkle in the color which makes me believe it might be a TGB custom but this might be the result of the flash used. So with these uncertainties its harder to give you a fair price estimate but I´ll give it a shot.

IF the Strong Hurricane has no issues on its beak and both (gun and shield) are real you´re looking at a price of around $200-$250.

King Buster with real gun is worth around $275-$325 and up I recently sold one on Ebay with a more paint damage for $230 without the gun.

The Horn issue with the Seahorn is commonly known and also quite accepted because finding one without any damage is hardly impossible and I´d rate him around $125.

All estimates are based upon recent prices as well as sales in the past and it really depends upon the period and the availibility of some pieces whether you´d indeed be able to reach these prices when selling but under normal conditions prices like these shouldn´t be to far of.

If you can tell a little bit more about there origin it might also be more easy to see whether guns and shield might be original or not.

Hope this helped.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 AzraelDarknut

AzraelDarknut

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Customizing various LRG's, Kaiju and action figures. Also, collecting various toylines (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Kinnikuman, etc.)

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Thanks, both of you! That does help a lot.

I have taken some more pictures of Strong Hurricane, his shield, and King Buster's gun (these are taken without the flash).

DSC_7646_zpsdbac37d5.jpg

DSC_7650_zps51d3be26.jpg

DSC_7653_zps9ede9d31.jpg

DSC_7666_zps22146aaa.jpg

As you said, Beastformers, Strong Hurricane has paint rub on his beak.

Do the pictures of the shield help? Or are the shield repros identical to the originals? I figured that since the sticker looks a little worn and it's peeling could be an indicator of it being an original.

As far as origins of these go, I bought these from an ebay seller in Japan who goes by the name "blackgearsjp".

My Instagram (where I sell various Power Rangers items and showcase my customs): @azraeldarknut

My Customs Thread

Ask about commissions!

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Pics and origin are solid so these are for sure genuine items, it sometimes makes it a little more difficult when some of the weapons are pictured with a flash with caused some doubts. So you can be sure you´ve original items here which means the prices mentioned are about their value BUT this only goes for the ones I already mentioned in relation to their condition like the Seahorn.

Like mentioned before and confirmed by the pic as well as yourself the beak of the Hurricane does have some paintdamge which is taking away a little chunk of the estimate price I gave you before since that one was based upon the figure with a flawless beak (which are harder to find). Due to that I don´t think the $250 would be a realistic price so its value might shift from $200-$250 towards $175-$225 range. It all depends upon the interest though and on how you plan to sell it during which period.

If you´d for instance list them as such on Ebay there´s no guarantee you´d hit these prices but normally it shouldn´t be to far of but with Ebay you never know these days.....

Anyway I hope this helped and I´m pretty sure knowing the origin you´ve had a nice and fair deal for these.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 AzraelDarknut

AzraelDarknut

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Yes, that helped a lot! Thank you!

My Customs Thread

Ask about commissions!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts, BBs, LBs

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com