11 replies to this topic

#1 Nightwind0

Nightwind0

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

Has anyone actually tried playing the game? I haven't, but I read the rules.
What I don't get is... feel free to challenge my knowledge of physics, but wouldn't some figures have a higher probability of landing rightside up than others? I mean, doesnt it depend on the weight distribution?

#2 Lynxx333

Lynxx333

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

The figures are great, but the game is just awful. I stopped trying.

#3 Nightwind0

Nightwind0

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

The figures are great, but the game is just awful. I stopped trying.

Well, I don't think this is the sort of game my friends would even want to play, so it's not like I really care about what the game is like - I am just interested in collecting..... But I was just curious if anyone else thought about the physics of tossing oddly shaped figures....

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:27 PM

The game is a good way to waste thirty seconds when you're bored. And yes, certian figures do land face-up more often than others - usually the lower-point figures and the warlords. Menis seems to land face-up the most.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

Menis seems to land face-up the most.

Yet another reason to love the hornet! :D

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

"Flat" figures are pretty much a 50-50 chance. You want one that's rounded or flat on the back (rounded works best), and uneven or "angular" on the front - that will make it more likely for the figure to land the way you want it to. Thus, Hisss is better than Spidok.

Also, tossing Hyper figures around can damage their paint job.

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

My kids like it a lot. I can play a round or two with them before it gets monotonous.

#8 rextheovermind

rextheovermind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

Like Ridureyu said, if you got nothin' else to do for a few minutes, its mildly entertaining. There's a very minor bit of strategy to the game based on your choices of figures, but it does generally lack something. I've been tryin' to think of something I can do with the figures other than play them the FOP way, maybe use them in a RPG or something, but I haven't come up with anything good yet. There's a lot of potential for making a great game because they have points and they have alliances and could easily be given a number of other characteristics, but making that into an actually entertaining game is kinda tough when ya have so much other stuff to do.

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

They could be useful, but as far as RPGs go, D&D miniatures are also about the same price as FoP when not on clearance. This is sad.

Non-clearance FoP Price: Roughly $1 a figure

Non-clearance D&D price: Roughly $1 a figure.

Actually, there's an idea. Track down every small PVC figure you have, and mix them up into one massive RPG.

#10 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

I have a good amount of fun playing the game occasionally. The regular game is okay. It's more something I'll play if I have a spare 10-20 minutes or so, but it gets a little monotonous after a little bit. But I actually really really like the "All Out War" version of the game. I think it adds a decent amount of depth to it. Those rules come with the Battle Box set. I usually try and play the game on my weekends home when I can.

Eric

#11 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:35 PM

This is a bit outdated, but it works VERY well with MUSCLES and Z-Bots.

General
Use
Minature
System

by Jensen Bohren

Each player starts with one hundred points to spend on thier army.

Each player may pay two points to give one figure +1 build(maximum allowed per figure is six build, or twelve points).

[Unnamed small figure]Figures: 3" and less: considered to be normal-sized. Five points to perchase for army. 3 actions each figure. 12 build to distribute among the following statistics:

*Moovement(MOV): the number of inches you may moove as an action.
*Attack(ATK): the amount of damage the figure deals. Has a "range" of zero inches, you must be right beside another figure to attack it. when attacked, the figure with the highest Vigor attacks first. Then the other counter attacks if still alive.
*Body(BDY): If you a figure takes damage greater than it's body, it is layed horisontal on the playing surface and is considerd "dead". That figure may not be used with it's own abilities. body decreses with each hit.
*Vigor(VIG): The highest Vigor attacks first when engaging in a fight. If Vigor is tied, the fight is simutanious. MAXIMUM VIGOR= 5.

[Unnamed Medium Figure] Figures: 6" and less:  considered to be normal-sized.  Eight points to perchase for army.  2 actions each figure.  20 build to distribute among statistics.  All limits still apply.

Ranged weapons

figures must use two build to gain this attribute and distribute. you may spend two points to increse the range of the weapon by one.

The weapon's distance may be divided. If your range is five, you could shoot one figure two inches from you and another three inches from you.

ranged weapon damage is calculated as followed: Divide the attack value of the figure in half and roll that many d6. For each roll greater than the target's Vigor(VIG), the target takes the difference in damage.
Example: a figure with a six attack would roll 3d6. If the target's VIG is four. you roll a six, three, and five. the target would take one damage due to the six, no damage from the three, and one damage from the five.

Vehicles

(one action per turn) When judging a vehicle's cost, multiply it's lengnth by it's width. Add it's highth to that total. round any fractions down. The cost is twice the number calculated, and it's build is equal to the cost. The number of passangers the vehicle may carry is equal to 1/4 the cost, rounding down fractions unless it is less than one. If it is less than one, one figure may use it.
Vehicles have three attributes: MOV(functions the same as figures except for it can "run over" other non-vehcle figures), ATK(MAX ATTACK= 3), BDY(functions the same as figures).

If you have an item that could function as a ranged attack, you may pay five to have them active.
A figure must be present in the vehecle to drive or to fire a weapon(the figure doesn't need to have the ranged attribute). To fire the ranged weapon, the figure firing it uses an action of it's own, the vehicle does not use an action.
when a vehicle is mooving, if a figure is hit, roll 2d6. If the total is higher than all the remaining attribute totals of the figure hit, the vehicle keeps going. If not, it stops.
The Attack of the vehicle: Vehicles do not stand still and attack. When a figure is hit while the vehicle is mooving, roll to see if the vehicle stops or not. Reguardless of stopping, the hit figure(s) take damage equal to the attack of the vehicle+ the number of inches mooved from the original place the vehicle was.

Other unit types, Magic and Healing coming soon. (or not.  There wasn't enough outside interest to continue this)

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#12 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:23 PM

A good question is, which is the worst figure to use in-game? Figures like Stryke are roughly equal on both sides, but at least Stryke is a lower-point figure.

Cowl, then. Definitely Cowl.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com