• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Hey everyone, I've got yet another custom dyed MoaiMan for y'all :yes: This time I was going for a MoaiMan that looked like he was made of red clay, baked and glazed...(No, we're not talking about donuts here) :no: I dyed him till he was a dark reddish orange. Hope the pic I took shows it well. I was kind of going for the same reddish orange of one of his kinkeshis, but I think I went a little darker. But he looks great I think. Hope you all like him.

Attached Files

#2 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

Its cool to see you customizing MUSCLE. I noticed that you keep saying you are dyeing them, as opposed to painting.  Can you describe the technique you are using?

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#3 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Its cool to see you customizing MUSCLE. I noticed that you keep saying you are dyeing them, as opposed to painting.  Can you describe the technique you are using?

I use RIT Dyes More, which is Rit's new special dye for synthetics/plastic. I just heat a coffee can of water to a simmer. Then put in a capful of the dye, and put the M.U.S.C.L.E. figure in one of those little plastic net bags the little onions at the grocery store come in, and dip it into the dye until its the color I want. That's all there is to it really. Give it a go. You just might like the results :good: 

#4 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

Actually, isn't DyeMore actually RIT's vintage formula that was optimized for plastics? I've had friends use RIT fairly extensively for dyeing toys, and once RIT changed their formula, they simply started buying the old stuff via eBay. Once DyeMore became available, they were stoked.

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#5 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

Actually, isn't DyeMore actually RIT's vintage formula that was optimized for plastics? I've had friends use RIT fairly extensively for dyeing toys, and once RIT changed their formula, they simply started buying the old stuff via eBay. Once DyeMore became available, they were stoked.

I'm not sure about that sanjeev. As far as I know Dyes More is a new thing. But you might be right, they could have went back to the old formula, and just gave it a new name.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M.U.S.C.L.E., Custom, MoaiMan, Dye Job

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com