5 replies to this topic

#1 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:49 PM

I'm aware that standard red/yellow versions are considered monster clash game premiums & I'm kind of under the impression the neon versions of these colours of these 2 sculpts are considered semi rare/uncommon too. Maybe it's because they were 'French' releases (neons that generally wernt available in theyre standard colour versions).

Anyone with further info/clarification on these would be helpful.

Thanks.

#2 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM

I know that some of them came with the Monster Clash game. As a kid I got I think it was NY Kali and NR Catoblepas with it. Bar that I don't know if some boxes had the opposite versions or not. 

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#3 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:40 PM

I know that some of them came with the Monster Clash game. As a kid I got I think it was NY Kali and NR Catoblepas with it. Bar that I don't know if some boxes had the opposite versions or not.

Thanks for replying. Yes they were the standard red/yellow colours that came with the game. I kind of think some had the opposite versions.

I'm intrigued about the neon versions of red/yellow & if/why they are considered rare/uncommon?

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 25 October 2020 - 05:15 AM

Most of the MIMP Neon rarity is just a consensus from collectors. No one really knows for sure at this point. The France/South Africa locations was where most of us first saw them, but it could be they were released in more places (or that they migrated).

It's nearly impossible to know for sure with a 30 year old toy line that did not keep its own documentation. 

Edited by Behemoth, 25 October 2020 - 05:16 AM.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#5 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 03:08 PM

Most of the MIMP Neon rarity is just a consensus from collectors. No one really knows for sure at this point. The France/South Africa locations was where most of us first saw them, but it could be they were released in more places (or that they migrated).

It's nearly impossible to know for sure with a 30 year old toy line that did not keep its own documentation.

Hey man, yeah I hear ya. Thanks for reply.

#6 Spookyvillevideo

Spookyvillevideo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Mimp and Horror / Anime VHS

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:02 AM

I remember getting these figs in US with The Battle Cards set.

I have not seen a pic online of the Blister Pack with Kali & Cato. I know I did have them as Yellow Kali was a fav of mine and I didn’t no have Monster Clash.

Promos are weird.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com