45 replies to this topic

#26 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

I've been collecting these since day 1 and I love em, but the paint apps are soooo bad and the joints get loose real quick. I think I'm gonna break down and buy a set for myself just so I can have a presentable set that hasn't been ruined by rough kids.

I picked up a Mikey, but the paint apps being so absolutely terrible is what kept me from getting more into the line. That, and I avoided buying my favorite (Raph) because of the shenanigans going on with his sais. 

#27 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

unfortunately I've always been a sucker for cutesy redesigns of older properties and TMNT is my favorite. I was pretty turned off at first by the handling of Raph's sais, and though I think a lot of the newer character desk Lynx from the show pale in comparison to the 80's version, I do love the art style of the line itself. I mean, look at that Leatherhead figure...adorable.

#28 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

I avoided buying my favorite (Raph) because of the shenanigans going on with his sais.

Same here.
Those sai are UGLY!

We have picked up a few of the bad guys though, they're alright.

Edited by Rubberhammer, 06 August 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#29 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, the cutesyness doesn't bother me at all. Dem sais, doe. Ugh.

Leatherhead looks great, as does Newtralizer. I wasn't as impressed by Slash, though.

#30 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

What's this issue with the sais business? These things are next to impossible to find in my area so I've only ever seen Krang + Leatherhead and some of the bigger things like vehicles.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#31 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

The sais have obvious green plastic running between the spokes of the sai, all of the way up.

#32 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:04 PM

They look like friggin' swim flippers.

#33 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

I got the pack with Newtralizer last night; seeing these closer in person I see what you all are saying about the paint, but I really love this figure. Looks pretty cool standing next to my BB amphibians. The one I got doesn't have many flaws, but I do wish they had painted more of his armor and equipment, so I might just paint those in myself. 

I had a few pet fire bellied newts as a kid so this guy gets extra points from me. Funny that I wasn't aware of this character at all, granted I don't pay attention to the new TMNT series.

I also read that the character is apparently a spoof of The Punisher. The pattern on his belly is supposed to be a skull, which isn't as obvious on this figure, but the standard figure shows it pretty clearly. Thought that was kind of cool.

$_57.JPG

Edited by bachamn, 07 August 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#34 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

The Bebop and Rocksteady 2-pack is at Target now.  It is the only new pack.  All other pairs from both wave 1 and wave 2 are back in stock. 

Attached Files

#35 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

Man, I really hate so many of the character design choices from this show. Beebop is such a shitty looking character design. Ugh. Luckily this toy makes him look better.

#36 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

What was wrong with the old Bebop design? Rocksteady stayed close to the original.

#37 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

NO! The NEW one is shitty. Old one is fantastic.

edit for emphasis of my embarrassment that anyone would think I prefer the new design.

Edited by derekdraws, 25 August 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#38 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

I think you read his comment wrong.

#39 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

I hope so. Yeah, I don't know why they felt they needed to stray too far. I love the new Metal Head, but the new Casey Jones is just lame looking. And it's back and forth like that for me with the whole series.

#40 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, haha, I meant "Why did Nickelodeon change the design, the old one was great?"

#41 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

I just wonder why, in this toyline, the pig is bigger than the rhino.  See pic above.  Rocksteady should be way bulkier.

Attached Files

#42 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

I guess this line is doing well!  Photo is from Toy Fair 2016!

Attached Files

#43 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:19 AM

A couple of those look pretty cool. The latest booklet that comes with the cartoon figures shows Mutagen Man/Kirby Bat as a Half Shell Heroes pair. I think a couple others that haven't been released were pictured too, but I'm hoping Mutagen Man is in the next wave to hit stores. 

#44 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:25 AM

They showed those guys at Toy Fair last year.  I do hope they are still planning on releasing them!  That dino sub-series seems like a real misstep.  They are just warming the pegs around here.  

Attached Files

#45 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

Rah Zar and Cockroach Terminator were the other new pair in the book. I hope they still do Rat King/Squirrelinoid too.

I remember seeing a couple commercials for the Half Shell Heroes cartoon special that is where all that dino stuff came from, but I never saw the special. My kids never asked for those packs. All that dino stuff doesn't look like it has sold well in my area.

#46 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

I think they saw it as a chance to leach off of Jurassic World and the onslaught of merchandise that came with that movie.  I mean the dinobots at the end of Transformer 4, the current Power Rangers line is dino-focussed, plus that Pixar flop The Little Dinosaur.  2015 was played-out with dino toys.  Hopefully they will get back in focus with their original mutant characters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TMNT, Toy Fair, Playmates, Playskool, Imaginext

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com