23 replies to this topic

#1 Kohdok

Kohdok

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

I guess this will fit in here. I review all sorts of new stuff, but these count as some little rubber guys, or little rubber dinosaurs, I guess. The figures look good and I feel like this series is going to be overlooked.

Review here: [http://kohdokstoyrev...dna-fusion.html

Posted Image

#2 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

I picked up one at Target for cheap a week or 2 ago. I liked the metallic color and little weapon that fit into it's hand. However, the one I have doesn't stand well and seems to tip over. Other than that, I think they are pretty cool and well worth the couple of dollars I grabbed it for.

#3 countzackula

countzackula

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

I've seen the tin collector box set and nothing else...hey, this line ain't gonna take off if "they" don't get more stuff out there! Kinda almost like Primal Rage, but babies...oh my GAWD!!! That's brilliant of me! Seriously, though...have yet to see anything besides that darn tin. The gaming aspect has no love with me...I just kinda dig the figures, so no dice just yet.

#4 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

The Toys R Us closest to me has the two packs with the figures visible in the action figures section, the tin up by the registers, and the blind foil packs near the games aisle. I like them. My 3 year old really likes them.

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

where do you find these?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

ToysRus by the registers and Target by the registers here. Both just the single foil packs.

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

These don't seem to be available in Canada right now. Which sucks, because both me and my daughter would love these dinos!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

What are the size of the figures, I don't seem to have them by me? I think my nephew would love these depending on their size. He loves dinosaurs. I was looking for dinomites/dinobrites but these would be cool too.

#9 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

I bought 7 of these at Target, and let me say, I agree with the reviews so far.

Amazing figures. Great detail, the weapons are amazing addition. They don't all stand well, but with a little adjusting, they work good enough. For $3 a figures ($3.25 ish after tax), I'm impressed. I was trying to find some old Dino Mites for my son since I really loved the glow in the dark feature as a kid, but I haven't had much luck. So I tried these instead and am very glad I did.

Great post Kohdok

#10 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Two-packs up now at my toys-r-us. An extra dollar and I get a second figure, certainty of no doubles, and some weird ooze that you make their footprints in.

#11 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

There is an undocumented variant of the two-legged triceratops guy. Slightly different sculpt with no number marker, silver instead of red, and holo card.

#12 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

There is an undocumented variant of the two-legged triceratops guy. Slightly different sculpt with no number marker, silver instead of red, and holo card.

Do you mean the Kabell figure that comes in the tins? The tins have 2 blind bags inside and a clear bag with Kabell. The card says "Kabell Special" and has the holo effect that the leader cards have. I think the tins are around $10.99 at Toys R Us.

#13 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I figured that out five minutes after. Hehehe..

ANYWAY, I now have all of them, BUT one of my guys is missing a weapon. GASP!

i've found two foil packs without one, actually.

#14 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

ANYWAY, I now have all of them, BUT one of my guys is missing a weapon. GASP!

i've found two foil packs without one, actually.

That seems to be a lot more common than it should be. My kid got one without a weapon. He was pissed. I've read a few others complain about it too. I feel for the weapon now.

#15 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

I've heard that as well, and read a lot of reviews about that. It is a shame since to me, the weapon is what makes these figures.

Does anyone live in Germany or seen the Insect Invasion versions? I bought a few of the DNA guys, but I would much rather have these....
http://www.spieletom...sect-Invasion_1

Come on USA, get up to date on awesome toy lines. Dinos with weapons and helmets....I mean c'mon, it is unfair. Why oh why did my grandpa ever leave Germany? It's like he had no clue how awesome the toys were going to be. Also, why can I find none of these on ebay? It is driving me crazy.

#16 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

That seems to be a lot more common than it should be. My kid got one without a weapon. He was pissed. I've read a few others complain about it too. I feel for the weapon now.

I'm not laughing at your child's loss, I'm laughing because of you describing his anger as being "pissed", and I just got a mental image of a furiously angry small child.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#17 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I've only seen two packs without weapons out of... well, let's just say a LOT. Overall, it's better quality control than I had buying Gormiti Titanioum foil packs (lots of them came with errors or flaws). And, sadly, WAY better than any gashapon, where if you get it in a capsule, there's a 1 in 5 chance of something being amiss.

#18 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm not laughing at your child's loss, I'm laughing because of you describing his anger as being "pissed", and I just got a mental image of a furiously angry small child.

Ha. He is 9. He opened the pack and kept looking for the weapon. Looked all around him in case he dropped it. Finally he was like, "How could they forget the weapon!" He was mad about it until we got the same figure with the weapon in another pack and just gave the incomplete one to his 3 year old brother. The little guy wasn't happy about the missing weapon either.

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I have a loose weapon, but I can't remember what figure it was for. You're more than welcome to it, just to fill the figure's hand (as well as your kid's expectations, haha). Send me a PM if you want it.

#20 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I have a loose weapon, but I can't remember what figure it was for. You're more than welcome to it, just to fill the figure's hand (as well as your kid's expectations, haha). Send me a PM if you want it.

Thanks a lot for the offer, but we got triples of Hawa and are already using that extra weapon for the one that was missing. Now I'll be throwing in a weaponless Hawa as a freebie next time I make a toy deal and whoever gets it can be pissed at me. Pay it forward.

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Haha, well, if whomever gets that weaponless Hawa wants a weapon, I have an extra. On the house. Haha

#22 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

I just bought the Predasaurs Insect Invasion with the helmets/weapons for my son. He is two young to play with them just yet, but I am super excited about getting the unopened box in from Germany. I'll probably cave and open one or two with my nephew, but just thought I'd share for anyone interested in this line. The addition of extra armor was a great idea, just wish America would get up to date on these toys cause the pictures look awesome

#23 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just picked one up the other day at target. Very cool for 2.99 but not sure if I can afford blind bags for the set. The insects sound pretty rad as well, shoot some pics if u happen to open any mca :)
haven't seen predasaurs at any other stores so hopefully the insects do come to the us.
Demon

#24 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Screamin - I'll get you some images. I actually bought two boxes of these, and have a bunch of doubles and even a complete set for sale. I agree, $3 for blind bags of duplicates adds up fast.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com