Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

stikfa omega male knight (with stallion)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 11:03 PM

okay, so i guess only a few of you are familiar with the standard stikfas, known as the "alpha military male". those come in black, tan, and green.

as you might have seen in the "stikfa?" thread, the stikfa is simple in concept, but somewhat complex in design.

these are simply some of the most articulated 3 inch action figures you're ever going to find. honestly, most people are underwhelmed by their small stature, but i think that over time, people come to love them anyway. they're clearly similar to similarly-sized "blocky"-type figures, so a lot of people stick (no pun intended) to customizing theirs to look like popular comic book and videogame characters, like spider man, solid snake, snake eyes, wolverine, superman, etc... while others let their imaginations roam freely. others still simply use the included stickers and small arsenal of weapons and trimmings to construct lil' swat team dudes.

-

now, the first deluxe stikfa release is the omega male knight w/ stallion. this package generally retails for about $20. some say this is expensive, others say it's a drop in the bucket.

first off, these models/toys aren't hard to assemble if you've ever built a gundam, or any other "snap-together" kits. the sprues (or trees) that the parts are set in might be a little bit thicker than you're used to dealing with, but it's nothing a good hobby knife can't handle.

also, you might want to get some modeling sandpaper to smooth down the little barbs left from snapping them out.

the omega male is larger than the alpha male, but not by much. a little taller, with a wider waist, torso, and upper arms.

the omega male knight has some nifty armor. a chest plate, back plate, upper thigh armors, forearm gaurds, a one-piece helmet with a simple slot where the eyes would be, a two-piece helmet with a moving face gaurd, two types of waist armor, and some burly looking shoulder armor.

all of the armor fits into square notches on their respective body areas. there are also alternate body parts that are sans notches, for whatever purpose you might have in mind. there is also an alternate set of hands cast in grey, like the armor, which are squared off, to make them look a little bit like gauntlets.

as far as weapons go, your knight as a lance (with little banner/flag thingies), a short sword, a long sword, an axe, a long shield and a round shield.

and then there's the horse. honestly, i'm not so pleased with the horse. being four-legged, it's hard to pose to look natural. it has it's fare share of articultion and armors as well.

as with all stikfa kits, this one comes with a sticker sheet. lots of crests, chainmail stickers, facial features, skull faces, scars, puncture wounds, and all that sort of stuff. they're plastic, so you don't have to worry about them tearing too easily.

i wasn't sure of what i wanted to make with this kit until a few days ago. it'll probably end up being a "dark ages" spawn knight. i really do like to make them into licensed characters. i've previously made (with alpha male kits) spider man, and an as-yet-uncompleted robocop.

so, if you can get past their small size, and generally "faceless" style you might like these, especially if the "knight with horse" format brings some favorite characters to mind, or you'd just like to have one to play with or pose.

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 11:24 PM

Any pictures?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:11 PM

Cool! They're a little odd, though...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:41 PM

Now THAT is way kewl!

#6 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 05:51 PM

yeah, y'know, it would be really easy to make a "king muscle" stikfa custom with one of the tan "alpha military male" figures... :blink:

also, the other two figures in this wave were the omega male samurai and the omega male firefighter.

take a look at the wave coming out later this year, too... if you liked the kit i reviewed here, you might also like the beta female w/ dragon...

the available figures - coming soon!

#7 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 11:13 PM

i actually did turn this stikfa into a dark ages spawn. take a look here, here, and especiallyHERE. :p

(me = proud)

#8 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 01:53 PM

Now THAT is way kewl!

I agree...very interesting looking! Whoa! ;)

Wooot Wooot :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#9 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 06:23 PM

i actually did turn this stikfa into a dark ages spawn. take a look here, here, and especiallyHERE. ;)

(me = proud)

Wow!! Great job! If I did a Stikfa he'd be called Picasso Man because his paint job would be a nonsensical mess. I have no talent. :woot:

#10 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 07:59 PM

hey, thanks! i'm also putting the finishing touches on a robocop that was started with an alpha military male...

#11 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

M.U.S.C.L.E Hunter/ Ninja for hire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 01:46 AM

Anybody seen the samurai? The place i got the alpha male and omega knight didnt have the samurai, just the fire fighter. I think the knight is fine on its own, but the alpha male i turnd into warsman, but my cousin stole it cuz it looked cool( had claws and everything)
"Check this out! German Ninjutsu Disguise!"-Schwartz Bruder

#12 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 02:00 PM

yeah, the samurai is short-packed in the shipments. dunno why they chose to do that. if you're desperate, check ebay. be prepared to pay a bunch for it, though... i haven't checked, i've just heard that they're not cheap...

#13 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 12:56 PM

I want the big robot coming out later this year......

it would be cool if they had 'generic' heads that weren't flat, that you could put on.....

like 'superhero with full face mask' or 'eyemask'

with slight detailing......

I could do SO MUCH more with something like that.......

#14 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:10 PM

yeah, some non-sticker head accessories would be nice.

ya; gotta admit- with the head being shaped like it is, it's just begging for someone from this board to do a "ramen/mongol man" custom.

#15 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:46 PM

yeah, I can see Ramenman.......cool idea!

but I want some 'generic sculpted heads', so I can do cool anime characters!

#16 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 08:50 PM

Toy Man, got a coupla questions regarding this set......

I just bought it, and there are a few pieces I'm a bit confused about......

namely the second waist armor (What are the little pegs coming off the sides used for?

there are two small claws (I at first thought they were alternate hands), and there's a small grey 'drum' shaped piece, with two notches for balljoints, what's it for?

I think the claws plug into the Horse's back legs to hold extra weapons, but what's the purpose of the other pieces?

#17 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 09:04 PM

…the second waist armor-two small claws-a small grey 'drum' shaped piece…

first off, you're right about the "claws" those are for holding weapons. you can put 'em wherever they fit.

the "drum" is a bit of a mystery. even amongst stikfa fanatics, there's no decided "purpose" for this part. some people use it as a head for weird characters, or i think someone said they used it as an abdomen part for crossing the human and the horse to make a minotaur.

the second waist armor can be used creatively. you can use it to joint spare arms to, to make "spider people". the part is sort of a cross-over from the samurai set, where there are waist armors that snap to it.

#18 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 01:37 AM

I see......

so the drum is just an 'extra' piece.......

I succeeded in making a centaur without it.......you just use the waist piece that is 2-parts, and slide it into the horse's neck, backwards, makes a pretty decent centaur........

thanks for the info on the waist armor......wondered if we could do 4-armed guys.......great set.....just a little curious as to how certain things worked....

#19 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 10:35 AM

hey, no problem.

yeah, most of the "mystery parts" are cross-overs from other kits, like the fireman and samurai sets,

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com