39 replies to this topic

#26 gojiman

gojiman

Typo King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 08:27 AM

Here's the set that I'm really excited about!B)

http://shop.store.ya...nusagodmin.html
don't you think your a little too old to play with toys?

#27 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, those look pretty cool... and that's the first time I've seen Manda in plastic. The 6" vinyl figures hold a special place in my heart, though. But I'm leaning more and more towards starting to collect the larger ones like this Banpesto Godzilla. A Godzilla toy just gets cooler the larger it gets, you know?

-Nathan

#28 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:37 AM

Hey Gojiman, do You have any of the M1 or marmit figs?

#29 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 10:01 AM

Is this the new Godzilla 2003 design?!

http://www.explosion...ore/god064.html

Goddammit, I still haven't gotten the 2002 design yet!

-Nathan

#30 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 10:40 AM

http://www.explosion...ore/god064.html

Hmmm, that color scheme is strangely familiar. Is it too late to order one of those Han Solo action figures? :D

#31 gojiman

gojiman

Typo King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 11:03 AM

Hey Tortle,
the M1 and Marmit figs are to rich for my blood!
I have to stick to the more affordable Trendmaster and Bandai figures (with a few exceptions, like the Banpresto and Concorde). The Godzilla design on that link you posted is form the brand new G movie. It's another Mecha-Godzilla movie. I don't like this Godzilla design as much as the 2002 design. The nose looks funny. The Mecha-Godzilla design looks great though!

#32 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 11:22 AM

Hmmm, that color scheme is strangely familiar. Is it too late to order one of those Han Solo action figures?  ^_^

Any semblance between Explosion Toys and Fat A,ss Toy Dealer.com is purely intentional. :lol:

Anyway, I think the FATD-exclusive Han - Surprised - As - His - Blaster - Is - Ripped - From - His - Hand - By - Vader - At - Cloud - City action figure is unfortunately sold out. However, the exclusive Stormtrooper - Bonking - His - Head - On - The - Door - When - Entering - The - Control - Room adventure playset is still available! Only $129.99!

-Nathan

PS - Good eyes, by the way! I wondered if anybody got that reference...

#33 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 11:51 AM

I don't like this Godzilla design as much as the 2002 design. The nose looks funny. The Mecha-Godzilla design looks great though!

I'm not too sure about the new design. It's pretty cool, but I like the Godzilla 2000 and 2002 designs much better. I agree that Mecha-Godzilla looks fantastic, though!

By the way, what's with all the Godzilla redesigns as of late? I'm not complaining, I think seeing a new Godzilla design for every movie is fun. I'm just curious why Toho won't stick with a single design for awhile, like they did in the 90s.

-Nathan

#34 gojiman

gojiman

Typo King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:10 PM

The new designs are cool, but I agree with you about the 90's design though.
I not only miss the continuity in the design, but also the continuity in the storyline.
Toho's new approach is to make all of the new movies as stand-alone films, so it makes sense that every Godzilla would have a different design.

#35 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:52 PM

Each film is a stand-alone film? Huh... I didn't know that. I knew that they were basically starting over with Godzilla 2000, but I didn't know that that was going to be the norm. It's cool in that they have much more freedom in the storylines, but it sucks because there isn't any real continuity. Oh well...

-Nathan

#36 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 07:10 PM

My favorite style of godzilla is the 1991 closed mouth version, I have not found one yet that has the tag still attached and in good shape though, but I will!

As for continuity goes my only gripe is that in the end of godzilla vs destroyer it vaguely shows what appears to be his son, but in godzilla 2000 his appearance is different and they started from scratch. But for a line of movies that has been going strong since the 50s I can`t complain.

#37 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 09:55 AM

Actually, I think they started from scratch the first time with Godzilla 1984, which basically wiped from continuity all the other Godzilla movies except the first one. The 1990s Godzilla movies followed this continuity until Godzilla 2000, which again wiped the continuity, leaving only Godzilla King of Monsters and Godzilla 1984 as canon. Now, every new movie is a new Godzilla continuity, and I don't know if any of the past movies are canon. I haven't seen any of the movies after 2000, so I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

-Nathan

#38 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:40 AM

I have not seen godzilla 02 either, and I`ve only seen parts of megaguirus. The new mechagodzilla looks much better than the wack 93 version!! By the way, am I the only one who thinks that mothra sucks a fat one? Some of the figs are cool but come on, mothra would get its` panzy wings blown off by godzilla!! :)

#39 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:46 AM

I'm not sure what the appeal of Mothra is either. I think Rodan is much cooler. Did they make a Shogun Warrior of Mothra?! No chance!

-Nathan

#40 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:52 AM

So true!!! I know mothra is almost as popular as godzilla in Japan, probably all the women think it`s "pretty" and cute.

I like rodan too, I`d like to see mothra hit mach 3, yeah right! :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com