9 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:02 AM

Although the Maintenance Period on the Beastformers Blog is approaching the final fase, hopefully the whole Blog will be (completely) up to date and look smoothly again by the end of this week, the first new subjects are slowly added. And one of these subjects is the page that explains about the division of Battle Beasts into the Autbot and Decepticon factions. Which Beasts belong to which faction and why were they divided the way they did? All these answers are hopefully answered on this page:

Autobots vs Decepticons

Together with the help of ShadowBat we´ve been able to make some interesting connections regarding this division.

Have a look and share your thoughts here.

Enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

Very interesting and really nice to get some more insight into the division between the different beasts. Thanks!

#3 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

Good stuff man as always.

bbb3.jpg

#4 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thank you.

#5 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Tabletop Games, Cartoons, Superheroes, Photography.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

Noob question:

Would it be absolute heresy if I put Autobot/Decepticon decals on my beastformer(s) that are missing rubs?

Also, does anybody know off-hand of a place I could buy a sheet decals like that?

Come see my collection on Instagram: 

www.instagram.com/smotemotem/

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

Noob question:

Would it be absolute heresy if I put Autobot/Decepticon decals on my beastformer(s) that are missing rubs?

Also, does anybody know off-hand of a place I could buy a sheet decals like that?

Well it would be heresy for some BB fans for sure but its your call.

Personally I would not support anything like this as I think you should not mess around to much with these vintage items, risking and damage.

But if they are already missing their rubs and you would like to do something like that the thing you need to think about is the way of attaching those decals to the Beasts because there is a chance the glue or whatever substance you will use for that might harm the plastic of the Beasts so that is a worrying thought.

As far as a place to buy those stickers there was a website called Stickerfixer or something which sold decals like the ones you are looking for, not sure if this still exists and I have heard people complaining about the delivery time of them in the past but that might be your best bet.

Good luck and as long as the Beasts are not damaged or harmed do whatever you want with them ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#7 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Tabletop Games, Cartoons, Superheroes, Photography.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. 

I see that they sell replacement rubs for the fire/wood/water, as well.

I wonder if anybody could attest to the quality of their replacements, compared to the originals. 

I would much rather make a restoration than an alteration. I'm not interested in resale value so much as having a toy that looks nice & complete. 

Come see my collection on Instagram: 

www.instagram.com/smotemotem/

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. 

I see that they sell replacement rubs for the fire/wood/water, as well.

I wonder if anybody could attest to the quality of their replacements, compared to the originals.

I personally like the idea of using auto/destron stickers. I bought a sheet of the fire/water/wood to fill in the gaps of my beasts missing rubs. As mentioned shipping did take a while, but they doubled my order to make up for the delay. They also might have cleaned up their workflow since then as this was a few years ago.

It's also very easy to discern between originals and the aftermarket ones. Theirs are simply a heat activated sheet (think mood-ring) with the symbol printed on top. So it's actually visible as an outline on top if you tilt the sticker at an angle under the light, but becomes obvious when the heat-sensitive bit changes color. By comparison, the original rubs are completely blank until activated.

I think it's good though because this way it's easy to tell if a figure has an original sticker or not. But the adhesive on them is nothing to worry about. GJ is just very protective of his Beasts ;)

I'm not interested in resale value so much as having a toy that looks nice & complete.

^^^ :thumbsup:

Edited by bachamn, 14 December 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#9 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

Literally just got a shipment from sticker fixed in today. Took almost a month to come in and then you cut them yourself. You can just barely see the symbol when looking at an angle. Sticker backing works great. Heat sensitive works great. Overall I'm pretty happy and ordered another batch.

#10 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Also, Beastformers, site looks awesome. Great work!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com