34 replies to this topic

#1 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

The infamous Ecto Cooler is coming out again at the end of the month! For anyone who doesn't remember this stuff it was a Hi-C flavor that was released with the ghostbusters cartoon a long time ago with Slimer on the box. It was honestly pretty awesome and so popular it stayed on store shelves for over a decade after the cartoon was over. It's been gone for the last 15 years or so but to celebrate the release of the new movie they are going to sell the nectar of the gods once again! Not only that but there will be a new special edition can that changes color when it's cold. 

ecto2$large.jpg

https://consumerist....lves-on-may-30/

#2 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:22 AM

The world just became a better place.

#3 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:39 AM

Sweet! I'm sure most of us here have memories of Ecto-Cooler. I just hope it tastes the same. A lot of times when they bring a product back years later it tastes nothing like the original.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#4 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

Sweet! I'm sure most of us here have memories of Ecto-Cooler. I just hope it tastes the same. A lot of times when they bring a product back years later it tastes nothing like the original.

Have no fear! They still have the exact recipe and actually released Ecto Cooler just a few years ago under a new name. There were conspiracy theories about it but it was finally proven to be true by some slick detective work by x-entertainment.

http://www.x-enterta.../articles/0822/

#5 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Have no fear! They still have the exact recipe and actually released Ecto Cooler just a few years ago under a new name. There were conspiracy theories about it but it was finally proven to be true by some slick detective work by x-entertainment.

http://www.x-enterta.../articles/0822/

Good to hear!

I remember when they briefly brought back Ice Cream Cone cereal (anyone else remember that deliciousness?), and it tasted and looked nothing like the original. Now I'm cautious about getting excited over these things haha.

#6 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

That's awesome. I wish Kool-Aid would bring back Purplesaurus Rex flavor.

#7 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

When this went from a rumor to confirmed I was ecstatic. I'm not sure how the movie is going to be, but even if it stinks, this is a positive outcome.

Hipster alert: I'm so cool (read: old) I drank this stuff back when it was called "Citrus Cooler".

Thank you

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

Pfft.  Just get the original:

http://www.ebay.com/...FQAAOSwnipWZ5KR

Edited by steverotters, 02 May 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#9 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

Yum! Here's to hoping for another decade of pbnj's and ecto coolers. That can sounds rad. I'm sure it will be hoarded by the masses.

Pfft.  Just get the original:

http://www.ebay.com/...FQAAOSwnipWZ5KR

Think that's good anymore? Not too bad at $47 an ounce.

#10 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Good to hear!

I remember when they briefly brought back Ice Cream Cone cereal (anyone else remember that deliciousness?), and it tasted and looked nothing like the original. Now I'm cautious about getting excited over these things haha.

I've had that same experience a few times. Sometimes they just can't bring things back.

One thing that will forever haunt me by it's absence is what I consider the only candy bar ever worth eating.

Attached File  barnone1992magazineadcolor.jpg   47.28K   1 downloads

#11 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Im gonna beer bong a gallon of this!!!

#12 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:28 PM

I've had that same experience a few times. Sometimes they just can't bring things back.

One thing that will forever haunt me by it's absence is what I consider the only candy bar ever worth eating.

attachicon.gifbarnone1992magazineadcolor.jpg

I can't remember if I actually ever tried one of those, but it looks delicious. For me it would have to be Cookies N Creme Twix and Alpine White bars...

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

If you don't know Ecto Cooler, you should probably identify yourself.  Sorry, but we can't hang out.

#14 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

ok. i've never had, nor heard of ecto cooler. what would you fellows say the flavor is exactly?

#15 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

ok. i've never had, nor heard of ecto cooler. what would you fellows say the flavor is exactly?

As I remember it, it tasted like a mix between orange/tangerine and a very subtle fruit punch. It has been 20+ years but I feel like I can almost taste it. This along with Capri Sun and Squeeze It were the most common drinks packed in my sack lunch from 3rd-6th grade. I really should have far more cavities. Thanks Mom.

#16 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

That was 20+ years ago though and my memory has proven to deceive me. How do you guys remember it? Funny thing is, even if the recipe is the same, will it taste the same as I remember it tasting? I sure ephin hope so! Haha

#17 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

It tastes like you've been lost wandering the desert for days with no food or water then you find a magical oasis shaded by giant palm trees and in the center there is a small cool icy pond and a beautiful half woman/half cactus creature is eating frozen oranges then starts making out with you. 

#18 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:50 AM

Would you say that it's the best, bar none?

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#19 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

Would you say that it's the best, bar none?

Yes. Yes I would.

#20 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

It tastes like you've been lost wandering the desert for days with no food or water then you find a magical oasis shaded by giant palm trees and in the center there is a small cool icy pond and a beautiful half woman/half cactus creature is eating frozen oranges then starts making out with you. 

And half woman/cactus creature is wearing a coconut bra, but she's not even that fond of it. Yeah....that's Ecto Cooler.

#21 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

Especially when tossed in the freezer and the top is hacked off with a bread knife (because it looks like the sort of blade up to the task when you are 9 years old). The sweet, frozen nectar becomes concentrated as the sugar leisurely freezes until the treasure may be carved at with a spork-ish grapefruit spoon. Can. Not. Wait!

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:23 AM

I always likened it to guzzling the blood from a freshly removed martian heart.

#23 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

Kiddie pool filled with ecto cooler!!!!

#24 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

Review!!!

http://dinosaurdracu...cooler-returns/

Look at that color...............................................................................

8-3.jpg

#25 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

Wow! That IS green! Far more green than I remember. Seriously looks like antifreeze. Can't wait lol. I do think some ecto cooler cocktails will be in order.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com