13 replies to this topic

#1 Stry

Stry

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

Hi im new here so please tell me if im posting in the wrong place etc.

I got some battlebeast/laserbeast from when i was a kid, and my question are what is the dragon seahorn #95 with shield, sled and weapon worth? I bought him in sweden and i never played with him so he is in mint condition, and that is also the shield, sled, weapon to. I dont know how to post a picture, but if someone could tell me the picture will come.

#2 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

The sleds go for $50-$100 depending on color.The complete seahorn goes for  around $160-$250(depending on the market) and the shield is one of the European exclusives which is really rare $200+ for it.

I would love to see a pic of your collection.

Cheers

Edited by 108KickBack, 30 December 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#3 Stry

Stry

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

I saw that i had to click the full version button, here is the pictures.

Attached Files

#4 Stry

Stry

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

The owl got some small paintloss, but the shield, sled and weapon are nearly mint.

#5 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

Agree with general prices 108 mentioned above. Owl sled is same value as the other being the purple EU exclusive color (so on the higher end, closer to $100). Owl Shield was also released in Japan so worth much less; currently I assess the standard 6 SB shields at around $40 each.

Also, there is a specific section of the forum for exactly these kinds of questions that I personally feel is under-utilized. :)
http://www.littlerub...p?showforum=120

Edited by bachamn, 30 December 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#6 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

Hey your Dragon Seahorn figure. The shield is pretty rare but very few people are really all that interested. Be very careful with it. It is made of vintage gold plastic so it might just crumble into pieces on you like most Takara gold plastic toys do. The price for this figure changes but a loose one without accessories sold recently for around $80. You can see a whole lot of Laser Beasts bench warming on ebay right now as their prices are going down without a new customer base coming along to scoop them up. The chariots have also plummeted in price since the K.O. ones hit the market. If your into vintage toys than treasure him, if not, then throw it on auction and see if you can hit it big. Good luck.

#7 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Love it or List it! (sorry my wife has been watching that show and this post made me think of it).

Great pieces there!

Auctions are soft about now, tax return season may do you better if you choose to list it.

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#8 Stry

Stry

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

Thank you all for the info, i have seen some loose dragon seahorns on eBay, but i asked in this forum because i havent seen a complete one yet. So again thank you for info. Im not going to sell it, i like the thought of having a rare piece of toy.

#9 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Just to add that your dragon seahorn is in much better condition then the ones that have sold recently on ebay which actually sold for $113 and $106 including shipping so not sure where the $80 number came from.
It is rare to find a puzzle color with no paint loss to his long nose. Hard core collectors look out for mint pieces to add to there prized collections.

Yea that shield you have is really hard to come buy as is his laser to a certain degree.

You've got the start to a really nice collection there if that's the path you decide to take.
Good luck mate.

#10 Stry

Stry

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

Thank you retroactive!

#11 Carrboy13

Carrboy13

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

Would you sell both of them? I'm starting a collection for my son and I'm very interested.

#12 Stry

Stry

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

Im do not think i will sell them, sorry. Im not sure if im going to start a collection ore not, but its fun to have a rare piece of toy.

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

its fun to have a rare piece of toy.

this is my new favorite quote. cheers man! :)

#14 mikefromottawa

mikefromottawa

Toy Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Collectibles, Audio/Video, Finance, Whiskey, Gardening, Gaming, Following my wife while she shops

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

No offense to European shield collectors but OneTallPonderosa absolutely made my day by sending me these shields and weapons.

Attached Files

My Collection:

https://www.flickr.c...157669505016491

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com