39 replies to this topic

#1 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:33 PM

I just want to take this opportunity to let off some steam here. I know I'm beating a dead horse and that this has been covered many times, but EBAY MUSCLE PRICES ARE FXCKING INSANE!!! And I know everyone says "It comes and goes in cycles" but I don't think this phase will end until the Ultimate Muscle cartoon and all of it's marketing is finished. No offense It'samike, you do great work, but I hope that show goes the way of the dinosaur, FAST! Everytime I hear a story about stores not carrying that stuff anymore, or sales being low...I LOVE IT!!! I remember a time when you could get muscles for 15 to 30 cents per. FXCK, what happened to that? Muscles rarely go for under 75 to 1.00 per now. Sometimes they're closer to 2.00 per! That cartoon is making our hobby way too expensive!!! I'm glad I got back in when I did, or I wouldn't be able to afford anything! Also, we've hurt the hobby too. We spazzed out over satan cross so much that now these low life ebay sellers know what he is and they're taking advantage of that...I'm glad one pops up every five minutes now.

And no offense to the younger crowd (we were all kids, once!) but intelligent conversations are dwindling here too. Before, the majority of the people on this board were in the mid to late twenties (the original muscle generation). Now, the board is dominated by 12 year olds! I'm sure Johnny enjoys the traffic, and I'm glad everyone's getting a chance to experience a part of a hobby that we grew up with, but come on! What was wrong with pokemon and yugioh?

Sorry for stepping on some toes there. But I have to say it...

DOWN WITH ULTIMATE MUSCLE!!!!!!!! Long live G1!!!!

#2 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:53 PM

Its only because of the swoot. No offence to him, hes a great guy but because of him the prices are at a temp increase. I think they will go back down but now they will be instead of 30-50c per like40-60c give it time and youll see. I mean it wont get too bad, the main resource is the board and in the end you can get them here.
I hope the show lasts a long time because i like the fact that you can get modern ones. The price will go down in time just wait. And well if it doesnt then youve made a good investment, i mean i am sure you have alot. Of course i would rather pay alittle bit then have many and have the price increase but you know what its not all bad if you got some before the hike.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 02:22 PM

Keep in mind, if the show goes under, the toys wil,l become MORE valuable to collectors.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 02:38 PM

But there are alot of toys floating around ebay from shows that were cancelled that never even get bid on.

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 02:55 PM

Not when collectors have gotten in on it- and especially not sith any "revivals" of '80s toys.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:34 PM

hmmm first i dont think its Swoodingtons fault for the prices are being so high

One person can't change everything that is on ebay

It takes at least two (High Bidder Second Bidder) ^_^

The UM show might be making ebay prices go up more so or not

but come on there are other places besides ebay to buy MUSCLE stuff

As for the younger MUSCLE fans that are being drawn to the board I dont think its very fair to them being judged like that

I mean for example Knuxman is 14 (or around that age) and you could never tell he is by the way he talks and stuff

i mean ever so often someone will say something immature (ei holds his wine glass up full of root beer) but its not just the younger guys and gals
If you are on forums where the main subject is toys some immaturaty is expected

I dont know this is just what i think

also original muscle generation mid to late 20's?
early 20's is more like it e+
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#7 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:40 PM

I don't really care about the current prices. I like Kinnikuman toys, manga and anime much more than MUSCLEs.

#8 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 04:55 PM

I'm not really telling people to think my way. And just to make it clear, I've got absolutely no problem with Knux, or anyone. It would be pinheaded of me to criticize kids for hanging out at a board about TOYS... I also don't think Swood did any damage...permanent damage anyway, I place the blame entirely on the new show and the product that springs from it. I dig all you guys, but you'd have to be blind to not see the pre/post cartoon price differences. Allthough I've seen them fluctuate in the past, I'm not sure that I've ever seen them quite this high.

I'm just venting frustration over, what I believe is a relevant issue. And I know a couple of youz guyz agree with me.

On a lighter note, I finished another paint job on a Neptune Man but my wife has the digital camera in Mass. so I can't get it to you just yet...

#9 kinder muscle

kinder muscle

Decepticon.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 05:15 PM

DOWN WITH ULTIMATE MUSCLE!!!!!!!! Long live G1!!!!

AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY *throws um stuff in fire* MUHAHAHAHAHA anyways it is effing insane how high the prices are
Of all the things I've lost I think I miss my mind the most.

#10 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 05:34 PM

i hear ya pasvagrsvj :woot:
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#11 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 06:31 PM

Overall, I think this is just a healthy rant. I'm not offended, pasvagrsvj, even though I am one of the younger people on this here board.

#12 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 10:28 PM

I understand your frustrastion, but just be patient. I believe that the prices will come down eventually. I don't think UM is all to blame. Sure, it made G1 muscles more popular, but it's just something that will probably pass.

BTW I hope UM stays on for a really long time. I love the show, and I can't get enough of the figures. I'm probablly one of the few people here who will admit to liking UM muscle more that M.U.S.C.L.E. Don't get me wrong I love G1 muscles. I just like the fact that more people can get into them now. What I'm saying is I like the fact that there is :
1-new muscle stuff being released here
and 2-the fact that there is a cartoon to promote the toys
:)
Posted Image

#13 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 10:29 PM

i mean ever so often someone will say something immature (ei holds his wine glass up full of root beer)

Nice lol :)
Posted Image

#14 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:21 AM

When did the cartoon start, anyway?
Posted Image

#15 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 05:22 AM

(ei holds his wine glass up full of root beer)

what r u talking about? YOU are the ONE who did that all the time and now it is rubbing it off me.

if everyone here like how I talk about Mars all the time and liven this message board up, you should be thankful that UM does exist.

if UM never exist then, this message board will be dull and boring. No hyper 14 years-who-obessed-in-Mars lurking around and liven everything up.

AND BEWARE! there is a new member here and we just became friends and SHE IS OBESSED OVER Jadey.

so get ready for both of us. She just came and we are good friends. so get ready for crazy duo (which is me and DeeSim of course) e+

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#16 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 06:45 AM

(ei holds his wine glass up full of root beer)

what r u talking about? YOU are the ONE who did that all the time and now it is rubbing it off me.

if everyone here like how I talk about Mars all the time and liven this message board up, you should be thankful that UM does exist.

if UM never exist then, this message board will be dull and boring. No hyper 14 years-who-obessed-in-Mars lurking around and liven everything up.

AND BEWARE! there is a new member here and we just became friends and SHE IS OBESSED OVER Jadey.

so get ready for both of us. She just came and we are good friends. so get ready for crazy duo (which is me and DeeSim of course) e+

e+ *shoots self in head*

#17 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 06:57 AM

*shoots self in head*

Ha ha. You sound like you are really thankful for UM show. If it never exist then I won't even be here in first place!

Thanks for being so thankful that Um was here e+

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#18 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:02 AM

BESIDE ME and MY BRO LIKE UM BETTER HAR HAR!

yes.... i can be insane....

UM Is WaY BeTtEr ThAn G1! LONG LIvE UM HaR hAr....

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#19 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:21 AM

We were all young once. Let them enjoy it while they have it. I miss the days of haveing summer vacation e+ . Oh well.

Prices are high and may even get higher. Oh deary me. I haven't bought a lot of muscle men in a year or so because of prices. The ones that were reasonable I usually don't bid on because a board member already has the high bid.

If you don't like the prices wait. Go to garage sales and to flea markets and swap meets, or trade on the board. Ebay is not the only place for G1 M.U.S.C.L.E. just the easiest to place to find them generally.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#20 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:11 AM

I bumped into someone the otehr day and he said he has hundreds. He said he woulndt mind giving them to me for free. I just hope. I just hope. Afew hundred for nothing (or practically nothing) would rock. He also watches the new show too! e+
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#21 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:30 AM

I am a fan of M.U.S.C.L.E. all the way around. I really like the stories behind the figures and G2 is keeping the Kinnikuman saga alive, as well as bringing it back to America. Ultimate Muscle is a really cool cartoon and the figures are super cool, what the hell is your problem? I have collected all but a couple figures I need to complete my flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. collection and if Ultimate Muscle was not around what would I do, collect colored figures and more flesh doubles? Colored figures are cool and Im beginning my collection but why not new molds? Maybe bid on Kinnikuman figures every blue moon when they make it to e-bay? What I am saying is that you are being a hater. Maybe you are poor and cannot afford to collect toys, if so I am sorry and would recommend you find a new job.

Ultimate Muscle Rocks!

#22 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:49 AM

*shoots self in head*

Ha ha. You sound like you are really thankful for UM show. If it never exist then I won't even be here in first place!

Thanks for being so thankful that Um was here :lol:

I shot myself in the head because you said you were bringing a friend to the boards. I have no beef with UM.

#23 kinder muscle

kinder muscle

Decepticon.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:57 AM

*shoots self in head*

give me that gun man. wait loves jade chibi love chibi jeager ARHHHHHHHHH TO MUCH EMOTIONS *KABOOM*
Of all the things I've lost I think I miss my mind the most.

#24 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 10:11 AM

i started collecting back in 99-00 and 50 cents per muscle was unheard of if it wasnt in uber mint condition. and i got my satan cross in a lot with 52 other muscles for $30

i also had to walk to school up hill both ways :lol:
www.rawkthreads.com

#25 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 01:06 PM

Alright my take on things.... I already am lucky enough to have a full set of muscles. The bulk of my collection was bought about 3 years ago and muscles were rather cheap , there was a lack of interest at the time I believe. I never got around to buying a satan cross, but im in no rush....ill just try to wait until the heat goes down and if it never does eh oh well. There are always god beast sculpts. Im so glad someone else mentioned the kids before I did however. Hahaha I must say, it gets so obnoxious. I cant read a sentence on a post without getting a migraine....uh. Talky Talky no more talky. Haha Im not against the kids at all...it's their lack of grammer and depth in post that pisses me off. Im probably not that much older then alot of people being im 18, but please talk normal!!!!! Its not that hard not to add Y's and finish words that call for an s. Trust my guys, it does not make a word cute to add a y, only very annoying. Im not trying to play the role of a grumpy old man, I just get tired of reading annoying post....and majority of the post in the past never annoyed me. I dunno just me rambling. I love ultimate muscle though, haha for some reason the U.S. show cracks me up. Mostly just the lines they use to dub....its so bad its good. I knew in the beginning that when UM cought on a new fanbase would open up and a bunch of kids would start coming to the boards. Oh well small price to pay for a new kinnikuman line in the US.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com