• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:43 PM

Kinnikux, you and I need to work on parragraphs though :wacko:
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#27 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:27 PM

haha man its so true.... usually I don't type that much so I dont even think to add a paragraph

#28 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:42 PM

Some , and ' would be nice, too.

:wacko:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#29 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:55 PM

paragraphs or not, at least i dont get a headache reading his sentences. they make sense and i dont have to add words that arent there to make it understandable.
www.rawkthreads.com

#30 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 05:12 PM

hahaha....I love this thread.
Posted Image

#31 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 05:53 PM

Darn! MIWP called me out, I'm homeless and a hater!!!

I hope you never need a kidney, MIWP, cuz you're not getting it from me!

I'm off to get my welfare cheese!

#32 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:00 PM

Least your not called a jerk, a slave owner, an idiot, an a-hole, punk, lier, amungst half a dozen other things by one person.

Id prefer being called homeless, Its happened before. Speaking of which that reminds me of a funny story to stray off topic.....
Almost 4 years ago For holloween I dressed up as a bum. Now, its not your typical bum, I was the KING of BUMS!!! I made a hat from pants legs, my pants legs were cut, and i used a rope as a belt, plus my shirt was torn up like foley's. Imagine me with long hair too. Now you may ask how is a pant leg a hat? Its a bucket hat as it was going into style for a brief period. HA! I made $2 from kids at school and then get this, I went shopping in a computer store! :wacko: :wacko: When I was going to the train to go home 3 peopel said nice hat and get this, THEY MEANT IT!!!!! ;)

Ok so it really wasnt that funny, and didnt get a chuckle. I'm just avoiding work, so sue me.

#33 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:22 AM

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t start this topic.

I hate UM for two main reasons. First, it doesn’t fit with the stories I created as a kid. When I bought my MUSCLE’s there wasn’t any available information. I had to make up all of the details about the figures. It was one of the few toys that gave you a clean slate to work with. When I tried to watch the show it clashed with everything I had created. My good guys were now bad, bad guys were now good, and most of the voices and personalities didn’t match. Sure you could say I’m being closed minded, but those childhood memories are precious to me. Watching it felt like I was arguing with my younger self.

The second reason I dislike UM is the cartoon itself. I don’t think it’s funny and I don’t like the stories. Really it’s not the show’s fault. The show is a kid’s cartoon, and I usually don’t like kid’s cartoons. Sure you could say there are adult jokes mixed in, but if they are then they aren’t strong enough to make me watch.

I’m not trying to condemn adults that watch the show. I’m simply stating the reasons that I don’t enjoy the show.

As for the prices, what can you do? This pisses me off too, but I usually feel better after venting about how stupid people are for spending so much money on MUSCLE’s.

“Ooh, there’s a rocket firing Boba Fett!” :)

As for the topic within this topic, I’ve been down this road before…
http://www.littlerub...3b093db148e6a6b

Here's how I look at it now. There will always be obnoxious new members, and one of three things will happen:

1.) They will realize they are pissing people off and will tone down their annoying antics, because they want to be part of the board.
2.) They won’t tone down their antics, but simply disappear after a little while.
3.) They won’t tone down their antics, they won’t go away, and Johnny has to ban them.

#34 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:29 AM

Oops, I forgot this too. Here is some info on the ages of the board members.

http://www.littlerub...3b093db148e6a6b

I think most old schoolers are AT LEAST 19 or 20.

#35 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:50 AM

I can completely understand why people are bitter at the cartoon. I was fortunate in that I finished my collection years ago when there were only a few dozen active collectors and the prices were reasonable. The current spike in prices don't affect me much, other than restricting me from buying lots with cool figures in interesting colors. Oh well...

I like the cartoon. I don't catch it every weekend, but I watch it every once in a while. Also, I like having new characters and new figures available. But then again, that's because I finished my MUSCLE collection years ago and I'm looking for new stuff.

Prices of MUSCLEs will bottom out eventually when everyone loses interest. Some will go through life changes (marriage, kids, etc.) and have to get rid of their MUSCLEs, some will bail out on the hobby because they're frustrated, and others will move on to collect something fresh. And all these people bailing will cause a MUSCLE market crash. It will definitely happen (just as it has with every other collectible), but the real question is, how many of us will still want to buy MUSCLEs when it does?

As for the young-uns, I agree with Veers. I have perfect faith in Johnny to determine when they gotta go.

-Nathan

#36 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:14 AM

When did the cartoon start, anyway?

September 14, 2002. A date which will live in famy*.

*(the opposite of infamy).
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#37 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:31 AM

Sorry to jump in late, but I love the cartoon. I think Fox did a pretty good job with it, I enjoy the voices, and I enjoy the plot. I would like to see some other wrestlers in action other than Mantaro, and I think that is coming up in the next few weeks. I have the Hong Kong Bootlegs DVDs of the series too, and to be honest I think they are pretty damn cool also. When I am not camping, studying, or working, I wake up early on Saturdays just to watch it. I enjoy it. As far as the UM toys go, I only picked up the micro wrestlers because I think they are similar (but not even close to being as cool) as the original muscles). I think they lacked a lot of what I wanted out of some new muscle toys, the texture, even the poses are less wrestling for hours friendly like muscle were. They seem more for display than anything because they do not fight well. It sounds like some of the larger figures fall apart which sucks. I was at Target this weekend, and I rarely go there because it is about 90 minutes away from my house, and they had the 6 inch figures for a couple bucks a piece, the cards for 63 cents a piece, and no micro wrestlers. I did not pick up anything because I do not collect either of those. But I was curious to why they are doing so lousy that Target is practically giving them away? I have not seen or heard of any new UM merchandise coming my way, I have not even got the micro sets 5-8 yet here in good'ol Nevada. I would love to see them going for pennies though. Muscle prices vary, and even with these huge prices you can still find a good deal every once in awhile if you are patient and don't mind searching for long times. I have seen a few recently go for less than 50 cents a piece. Also I do not see why anybody would pay more than even a dollar a piece when you can buy them from Johnny for 75 cents. Or trade. I bid high on auctions sometimes so I am guilty too, but usually that is from bidding on sure instinct or excitement. I do not think UM has that much of an influenece on the prices though. It may have had a little to do with people remembering muscle men after seeing the show, but those who have forgot about muscle men probably would not have any interest in the show to begin with so it would have to have been from sheer luck that they stumbled across the show. Just my two cents.

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:52 AM

I love the new show. Both the Japanese and the US versions. The toys ROCK too! My only complaint is that now they are harder than hell to find (Aaaarrggghh!) where I am at.

The new storyline, or even the G1 Kinnikuman line, for that fact, haven't ruined my MUSCLE memories at all, but instead, the MUSCLE characters, who never had names before, now have original Kinnikuman names, whereas the origianls, still have their MUSCLE names.

Life is good. :)

And as far as eBay prices go, I have seen several auctions for less than .50 each lately. If you ant to see these, use the eBay link in the links section, and once the page loads, scroll down. On the right side there will be a "completed items" link. Click it.

And Satan Cross is, for now at least, back to his old $20 price. Check the Satan Cross sighting thread in the "Sightings" forum.

#39 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:39 AM

Few things in few words

Also faith in Johnny
Prices are annoying me now but know will go down
Cant find them either and geting harder to find but do like that the prices are decreasing.
Like the american version (never seen jap but i bet I would too)
mike = ratings :) *had to suck up ;)

Sorry, I couldnt resist. I know I am just repeating what everyone else is saying and it annoys me too, so Basically this is for the person who doesnt want to read everyone else's post.

#40 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 02:04 PM

I just want to reiterate that I think UM is great for what it is. I just hate the effect that it's having on the PRE-EXISTING hobby.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com