20 replies to this topic

#1 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 02:48 PM

I made a new custom G1 figure. I am entering extra special versions of them into the custom muscle contest and donating at least one of them to Johnny for the Muscle Con! Man whoever wins those donated customs at Muscle Con are going to be super happy campers! Not to mention Johnny will probably keep one of my customs from the custom contest. I hope Johnny is fast about posting entries and judging, so I can show everyone the new one! I want the custom contest to be the first showing of the latest custom. I was going to kit bash it some, however, Johnny's short notice shut that down fast.
THEGODBEAST :lol:

#2 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:08 PM

Can't wait to see it. I haven't seen a custom figures of youres that I didn't like.

Take lots of pic's of the con those of you who are going to be able to make it.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#3 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:11 PM

Looking forward to it. I wounder who it could be.... any clues? DM? BHS? No I know who, Sugaru!!! :o :p :lol:

Almost forgot, money order will be sent out either tomorrow or mid next week. Sorry for the delay, its just I am packing and leaving tomorrow. You understand though, im just another crazy college kid getting home.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 11:08 PM

Sounds cool! I too am waiting in anticipation to see it. :)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 11:16 PM

o kool someone started a topic for this

who is entering this contest?

I would if i had the time but finals week is here (no i didnt email Johnny saying move the deadline back lol)

also if your entering ya want to give us a little insight on what your making?

or ya want to keep it a secret!

either way i cant weight to see all the entrees

i hope alot of ppl enter :)
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#6 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 12:33 AM

Guys,
I totally suck at keeping secrets! Oh well, here goes............

Introducing the #15 Sunshine Micro Action Figures both entered in the custom contest and at least one will be donated to the Muscle Con as a prize (Johnny already has a special colored Claw and a special colored SC I donated) and the other I assume Johnny will snag his favorite! He! He!

The Black Universe Sunshine was molded, cast in transparent black with universe colored glitter, articulated at the head (micro AF), then the 2 sunshine symbols were hand painted.

The Gold Sunshine was molded, cast in gold metallic, articulated at the head (micro AF), then the 2 sunshine symbols were hand painted.

Now Johnny don't go pullin' the head off trying to figure out the articulation, it is a ball joint assembly.

Here are the photos:
http://thegodbeasts....m/sunshine3.jpg
http://thegodbeasts....m/sunshine4.jpg
http://thegodbeasts....m/sunshine5.jpg
http://thegodbeasts....m/sunshine6.jpg
http://thegodbeasts....m/sunshine7.jpg

Enjoy!
THEGODBEAST :)

#7 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:26 AM

lol I just asked for some insight lol

They look awsome!!!! :)
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:26 AM

Very Kewl.....

#9 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:37 AM

Very Cool indeed. Too bad I am grounded. :)

#10 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:43 AM

Very Cool indeed. Too bad I am grounded. B)

AAAHHHHHH LOL

Doc Moore in the fetal postion being beat up by his wife lol :)

I can see it now lol

#11 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:46 AM

I would if i had the time but finals week is here (no i didnt email Johnny saying move the deadline back lol)

I did and thats why it got updated for NO EXTENTION. Yup, I would too but seeing those picks antimotivates me. Plus that gold one rocks. Sorry the space age one just isnt me, molds cool, just not my style... needs to be silver glitter, glowing red or green or yella (its sunshine after all) :)
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 10:24 AM

Yup, I would too but seeing those picks antimotivates me.

Well, it's not exactly a slam-dunk. Remember that one of the major decision criteria is articulation, and these figures are somewhat limited in that aspect. I think that they are effing awesome figures, but just remember that looks are just a part of the equation. I wouldn't let this discourage you... everyone has a chance of winning.

Anyway, great job, Godbeast! :)

-Nathan

#13 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 11:14 AM

Thanks.

Ya, I sacraficed some articulation going for a cool and substantial character, made 100% from scratch, with a lot of chemistry, materials, and technique.

Since Johnny's areas of competition are:

1. Originality
2. Paint Job/Coloring
3. Quality of Assembly
4. Articulation
5. Kewlness!

"Originality",
I figured the whole process of mold making, incorporation of metallic, glitter, and dye into the actual plastic and casting my own custom is pretty original.

"Paint and Coloring"
The metallic gold (cast into the plastic), glitter (cast into the plastic), black dye (cast into the plastic), not to mention the paint job on the sunshine symbols and the silver paint rubbed into the brick cracks on the Sunshine Universe figure should more than cover these areas.

"Quality of assembly" or "craftsmanship" should speak for itself not just the paint job, but the molding process, the casting process, micro AF process, and of course just the plain "finished look" to it.

"Articulation" I look at it this way (I am sure Johnny and the other intelligent judges will take into consideration), there is a huge difference in the level of difficulty taking already articulated action figures, doing a little kitbashing, and a paint job on them. As far as articulation goes, I would hope they will take into consideration that actually creating articulation from something not articulate (even though it is only one articulation point with my Sunshines) is more difficult than something that was already manufactured articulate and painting it. Not to mention if someone paints on top of an articulated joint and then someone moves it to pose it, the paint usually chips or flakes off, that should actually count off some on quality/craftsmanship and articulation (because it is not truly articulate if you cannot move it due to worrying if the paint may chip or flake off).

As far as "kewlness," that my friends is in the eyes of the judges. That alone is probably the tuffest area of judging. It is totally a subjective criteria.

I hope I have not come off as an arrogant artist, but, I felt the need to defend my Sunshines (based on their one point of articulation). :)

Not that I thought you were on my Nathan, I just felt like explanning my work for everyone. ;)

By the way, whoever ends up owning these will be super lucky! The photos are cool, however, photos never due anything justice! I almost didn't enter the contest, because I didn't want to part with them! They are totally my new favorites. In fact, #15 has always been my favorite! He is so substantial!

THEGODBEAST B)

#14 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 02:11 PM

Godbeast, you can rest a little easier knowing that I'm not planning on entering either. I do have a really good idea for a custom, but I don't have the time now. Maybe I'll have a contest of my own one day.

#15 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 03:57 PM

Who me? Worry? Actually, I thought you were a sure bet and maybe my biggest competetion! Now I am bummed. I mailed my custom Sunshines off today. There is still plenty of time man, just send some that you have already done. I know what it is, no one wants to loose them to Johnny's collection or the Muscle Con. C'mon guys, that is greedy, keeping good customs to yourself and not sharring. Seriously, that is why I have donated a total of 3 customs to Johnny for the Muscle Con, that way some other lucky people can own some and for free! Well who else is entering? We have heard from plenty of non-entries. I know I have seen plenty of kick a$$ muscle customs since I have been collecting, who else has made some?

THEGODBEAST :)

#16 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:03 AM

*cries because not going to muscle con*

*sniffle* have a good time guys... and that sunshine looks wicked :blink:

#17 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:47 AM

Those Sunshines look cool GODBEAST! I can't wait to see who wins the contest. This was a good idea. :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#18 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:43 AM

Thanks guys!
Now all we have to wait and see is which one Johnny takes a photo of and puts with the Muscle Con prizes!?!

I am coming all the way from KC to Sacramento this summer for Muscle Con, I hope to meet more than just Johnny and Doc J Moore!

THEGODBEAST :woot:

#19 thunderhead

thunderhead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 02:47 PM

I created a custom Sunshine(Stickfa Alpha Male) and Terry Kenyon(Darth Vader Lego) I wish I could post the picture but I for some reason cant post pics. If anyone is interested in the picture of both let me know. The file is only 356kb. I really hope to win but if pasvaqrsvi or godbeast enter the contest I doubt I have much of chance.
The Sunshine figure has tons of articulation. If anyone has ever played with or checked out a Stickfa their great. The only real problem I had was with the paint. The Terry figure was easier after I got used to using the paint.
I'm in the porcess of another Ultimate Muscle mod. This time it's gonna be Ned Flanders from the Simpsons Burger King Premuim(Sunshine in streaker overcoat) and Milhouse Burger King Premium(as Meat)
I know I'll miss the cutoff date for the 2 Simpson mods. Luckily I was in the process of making my first UM mod when Johnny popped this custom contest. Thanks to Ray(rocknwrestling) for the inspiration and ideas for Sunshine.
By the way the "Immortal Gods" are the janitors for the MUSCLE League

#20 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 22 May 2003 - 02:54 PM

I am coming all the way from KC to Sacramento this summer for Muscle Con, I hope to meet more than just Johnny and Doc J Moore!

I totally agree Marty. I wish everybody from the boards were coming. I know Taka (non board member), Johnny, Doc Dew, Myself, Mike, and a couple of others will be there, not to mention the Japanese sweeties I am bringing. I can't wait.

#21 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 22 May 2003 - 06:13 PM

I am sure everybody would go if they could. Unfortunately life isn't fair and vacation time isn't just given away.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com