- - - - -

Brooding Heart and the Rain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:24 PM

"Brooding Heart and the Rain"

A veil of emcompassing silence fell steadily with the rain, drawing all extraneous sounds of the night into it's incessant pattering and trapping the random flashes of lightning into reflective pools of rain. The dark shapes on the rim wall of the Complex moved and stretched with the passing of the amassed thunderclouds.
Deep in the night, a glowering pair of eyes slowly scanned the surrounding structures, penetrating out into the black folds of the night. Eyes that had seen poverty and death and the cannibal beastliness of war, all overcast and immaterialized by an unquenchable inner rage, pierced every crag and overhang on the rocky plain that spread out before the towers and turrets.
A dark cancer of the heart and mind had hollowed out the shell named Hawk long ago, having left nothing but confusion and anger to fester in his breast.
Loose cannon....undependable....suicidal....
But none of these accusations bore any truth. Hawk had simply been waiting...waiting for far too long for the real reason he was created to kill, to control, to passionately fight for peoples he didn't belong to, and shared no shred of a bond with. He just wanted to know WHY, and every single waking moment of his life--through his brooding hours alone, his frustrated, awkward moments with commrades and companions, his 'suicidal actions'--he had been screaming that single questing word as loud as he possibly could.
He slowly stood from his crouching position and moved toward the ledge, letting the rain hit him full force. It began to slowly soak him down to his pin-feathers, an uncomfortable, spreading wet feeling that would pass once he was saturated. His nightwatch duties would last another several hours, and he would stand there, immobile, scanning the horizon; the sleepless, merciless predator.

Crowmax had once said to him, "Hawk...you fight like nothing I've ever seen before. Dominating, oppressive...alarmingly brutal...yet more than once I've heard you rail about the futility of it all." The only real friend Hawk had ever had in his life, Crowmax, had jeopardized their precious bond by questioning him about the contradiction between his thoughts and actions. Hawk felt weakest and most defensive when asked to defend himself and his motives. Like a caged and beaten animal, Hawk would respond both with submission, or aggression. To his friend he offered only a somber admonition.
"The only time I'm at peace is when I'm fighting. Giving a piece of my pain away to another. It keeps me from targeting myself."

Hawk decided to take to the air. Extending his powerful wings, he forcefully shook the water off and crouched, concentrating all his strength in his legs. One mighty leap took him off the ledge and into the air, his wings beating swiftly to attain some altitude.

#2 QuickTron

QuickTron

the beast world most wanted human

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:46 AM

vary intreresting. i like how this was all led out. I hope to read more of you fan fiction Vip.
If you ride the lighting you get burned

Posted Image

"@#&% you Simba! The cycle of life ends here."

#3 Land_of_Roars

Land_of_Roars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

Great job! your story was so descriptive (this will be a hard act to follow :D). I'm sorry I havent posted the chapter two yet. I am in the process of moving. I will deffinately have it posted by tommorrow though

Later all

John

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:55 PM

I'm looking forward to it. Just remember, Chapter 2 is your own twist. It can go anywhere from here, with any personal take on it that you wish.

#5 Land_of_Roars

Land_of_Roars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:44 AM

Hey guys, chapter two is finished it's posted under "Uneasy Tension." I'm moving, so I won't be able to write more for a few weeks. who wants to take chapter three?

See you guys in a while!

John
Land_of_Roars

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Very nice piece, I love how it gives a deep look inside of Hawk's mind and allows you to understand why he is the way he is and why he'll be doing certain things as the story progresses. *runs to read the next chapter*

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com