• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I used to have monsters in my pocket as a kid and something about these figures just brings back all those warm fuzzy memories from the 80's where my chief concerns where Christmas, my Birthday, Saturday morning cartoons, and what was for Dessert each night.

I'm just addicted to the collecting and the nostalgia of these guys, I can't stop collecting ! lol I need every color XD

I love the colors and I love the art design of the creatures, I've only recently started collecting but I find it very enjoyable. I am currently trying to get all the colors that glow brightly under a blacklight so I can set up a display :)

Anyways I'm happy to be a part of this MIMP community :)

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

Hello friends, my fellow trinket hunters in the wonderful world of obscure rubber toy collecting !

I'm posting here because I need your help !

You see I'm trying to acquire a series of rubber toy bugs called "Real Squish Bugs".

BUT WAIT !

There's a small catch, you see I'm only looking for loose bugs. I'm not interested in the ones still in the package that you can find on e-bay, no no rather I'm looking for loose ones that are out of the package.

I am also interested in the bootlegs of these that sold in gum-ball machines in grocery stores and whatnot and featured different colors. You can tell them apart because they don't have any holes in the bottom for ooze to be injected into and "Squished" out, instead they have removable butts so you can mix and match them. Otherwise they appear identical since they utilized the same molds as the official series.

But enough of my ramblings, I'm looking to BUY these so if you have some, your old toy chest in the attic has some, you see some at a garage sale, find a couple at a thrift store, see some in your kids toy box after they left for college OR you just know someone on the inter-webs who has a few, please let me know so I can talk prices and maybe acquire them.

I know you don't have to do any of this, but if you do decide to help I will forever appreciate it :)

And I'll post pictures ! =D

Thanks and happy huntings !

Attached Files

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

Those things look great!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I used to have monsters in my pocket as a kid and something about these figures just brings back all those warm fuzzy memories from the 80's where my chief concerns where Christmas, my Birthday, Saturday morning cartoons, and what was for Dessert each night.

I'm just addicted to the collecting and the nostalgia of these guys, I can't stop collecting ! lol I need every color XD

I love the colors and I love the art design of the creatures, I've only recently started collecting but I find it very enjoyable. I am currently trying to get all the colors that glow brightly under a blacklight so I can set up a display :)

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:14 AM

I know right ? I'm in love with these little guys. They also have a pleasant softness to them as opposed to hard plastic :)

I'm the most interested in the bootlegs that came out of gum-ball machines but they don't seem to pop up much

#4 JustKillingTime

JustKillingTime

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Crazy Bones, Bionicle Masks, Skannerz,

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

I've only just found my collection of these, I wasn't sure if anyone was aware of those creatures, I have a large one that you pull it's head off and it's whole body vibrates but I need to fix it as it's been in the attic for a long time and the head has come off, bit of glue should do it.. Also just today I found my Pink slug and another spider, they're all loose as I don't believe in keeping toys in the packets. I'll have to get a photo and show you them.

Edited by JustKillingTime, 21 February 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#5 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:35 AM

I've only just found my collection of these, I wasn't sure if anyone was aware of those creatures, I have a large one that you pull it's head off and it's whole body vibrates but I need to fix it as it's been in the attic for a long time and the head has come off, bit of glue should do it.. Also just today I found my Pink slug and another spider, they're all loose as I don't believe in keeping toys in the packets. I'll have to get a photo and show you them.

Ooh I'd love to see what you got !
The bigger ones are called Real Squirmin Bugs, I've got a few of those too :)
I wish I could contact the company that made the bootlegs for vending machine toys and ask them if they have any extras, I just picture big cardboard boxes of rubber bugs collecting dust in some corporate warehouse somewhere lol

#6 JustKillingTime

JustKillingTime

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Crazy Bones, Bionicle Masks, Skannerz,

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

Here's what I've found, as you can tell the heads dropped off the big one,though these are different to yours as the butts don't appear to dont appear to come off, I think they're glued on, I have some more I think and I've also found the backing card to them in the Attic.

Like you I often dream of big warehouses full of boxes that Contain fistful of Aliens just gathering dust... Sad so many toys never seen light.

Attached File  tmp_4609-IMG_20160226_224745-456852061.jpg   82.02K   17 downloads

#7 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

Ooh nice, that means those are official brand :)

You have more? I'd love to see haha

#8 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

Here's what I've found, as you can tell the heads dropped off the big one

tmp_4609-IMG_20160226_224745-456852061.jpg

Ooh the head and body of the bigger one in your picture are from two different Squirmin Bugs. =)

#9 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:49 PM

*bump*

#10 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:46 PM

What are the value on these?I have two.

#11 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

What are the value on these?I have two.

Which two ??

#12 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

Hello ! I'm still looking for squish bug bootlegs

If you have any squish bugs and you don't know if they're bootlegs, I can can tell you if you show me a picture =)

Oh and here's a picture of my collection so far in case anyone was interested

I have more than what's in this picture but they're duplicates of ones I already have and I'm willing to trade them for other bootlegs.

Attached Files

#13 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

Do you have a checklist for the originals by chance? 

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#14 ChronicCollector

ChronicCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

Do you have a checklist for the originals by chance?

Sure, here ya go:

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real squish bugs, bugs, bootleg, bug

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com