Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E. (211 member(s) have cast votes)

Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E.

1. Kinnikuman (107 votes [51.94%])

Percentage of vote: 51.94%

2. M.U.S.C.L.E. (99 votes [48.06%])

Percentage of vote: 48.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Kevin Mask555

Kevin Mask555

Teh #1 Kevin Mask Fan!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Kevin Mask<br>Video Games<br>Anime<br>Manga<br>Soda<br>Comics<br>Stuff

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:57 PM

I voted kinnikuman cuz ive never seen or read m.u.s.c.l.e. before.I'd like to but i wouldnt know where to find the stuff besides my man kevin is from kinnikuman.
Posted Image
I AM THE ULTIMATE KEVIN MASK FAN!

#52 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:36 PM

KINNIKUMAN GO FIGHT! though I've Seen UM first, it was that that got me very interested in KIN!

#53 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:49 AM

I guess Kinnikuman, But im eager to learn more about M.U.S.C.L.E

#54 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

I recently received some Kinnikuman figures and the smell makes me nauseous :woot: I vote M.U.S.C.L.E. since you can't hardly smell them unless you get close and they don't smell bad anyway. I can smell these Kinnikumen from across the room! :o

#55 runix

runix

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

smells? stories? plots? i've read about every post here and it was much different for me. i was born in '85 so i only had a few MUSCLE figures since my big brother was into them. thank you mom and dad, lol. but i never thought much about the stories behind these odd guys. sure, i loved playing with them, but i never had more than like 2 or 3 since i was so young. luckily i still have a few of my own to add to my brother's collection he gave me. the poor guy...he says he doesn't play with toys anymore...what a shame. now about finding out about them, i actually discovered about MUSCLE and kinnikuman at the exact same time. they're the exact same thing to me now, and any special attatchments i have are to the japanese story. i never had a favorite character just for the heck of it, but now i have several. kinnikuman's adventures are what really got me hooked, be it early on, or facing the devil chyojins. i like how things always seem to work out for him even if it's PURE, unfiltered luck. case in point, kinnikuman pinning robin mask at the first chyojin olympics. pure luck! thank you toriyama's world. i loved finding out about them as i read the book. it's more fun that way :D ultimate muscle was what really got me curious about the whole thing, then the AKIA answered a lot of my questions, along with nathan's MUSCLE page. i always loved wrestling, and this was THE THING for me along with a certain other character that i won't mention since fox box picking up his latest show may have had a lot of people blame him for dropping UM...anyway, kinnikuman, MUSCLE...they're both the same thing to me...and that thing is kinnikuman. that's the only way to go for me.

#56 Kasy

Kasy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:I collect ; Disney's &quot;Goofy&quot; figures, Auburn Rubber Co. toys, M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster in my pocket, C.U.T.I.E.S., Army Ants and several other small toys. <br><br>I am into; Model building, leathercraft, woodworking, and I am amateur artist.<br><br>My Email address is krc1952@aol.com Feel free to contact me if you need to.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

I voted M.U.S.C.L.E., although I've already picked up a few Kinnikuman figures, I'm still trying to fill in the gaps on my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection. I first discovered you guys in November last year. In Febuary I finally got up the nerve to buy on Ebay. During the last week of Febuary my collection stood at just under 200 M.U.S.C.L.E. figures picked up at yard sales and swap meets over many years. My first purchase on Ebay was a lot of 175 M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. My collection now stands at 885 M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, 1 Wrestling Ring, 1 Battling Belt (with 2 plastic pockets), 2 unopened 4-packs (1 flesh and 1 colored), 3 10-pack garbage cans, #1 #3 & #4 28-packs, three 6" ultimate M.U.S.C.L.E's, a all flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. poster, and thanks to Alex, I now finally have Satan Cross (thanks Alex), and more than a dozen Kinnikuman figures (both regular sized and the micro's). I thank all of you guys for the learning I've already received from you (Nathan Newell, Dave (the beligerant1) and Alex Forbes), You've all answered some relatively stupid questions, and I appreciate it. However....I've got more!!! Until I complete my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection, I will take only a mild interest in Kinnikuman. Though I will still pick up Kinnikuman figures when I can. Thanks again everybody for being out there, and showing such patience with me. Ken Campbell (Kasy here, & Kasy2035 on Ebay)

#57 Kasy

Kasy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:I collect ; Disney's &quot;Goofy&quot; figures, Auburn Rubber Co. toys, M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster in my pocket, C.U.T.I.E.S., Army Ants and several other small toys. <br><br>I am into; Model building, leathercraft, woodworking, and I am amateur artist.<br><br>My Email address is krc1952@aol.com Feel free to contact me if you need to.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

I voted M.U.S.C.L.E., although I've already picked up a few Kinnikuman figures, I'm still trying to fill in the gaps on my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection. I first discovered you guys in November last year. In Febuary I finally got up the nerve to buy on Ebay. During the last week of Febuary my collection stood at just under 200 M.U.S.C.L.E. figures picked up at yard sales and swap meets over many years. My first purchase on Ebay was a lot of 175 M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. My collection now stands at 885 M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, 1 Wrestling Ring, 1 Battling Belt (with 2 plastic pockets), 2 unopened 4-packs (1 flesh and 1 colored), 3 10-pack garbage cans, #1 #3 & #4 28-packs, three 6" ultimate M.U.S.C.L.E's, a all flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. poster, and thanks to Alex, I now finally have Satan Cross (thanks Alex), and more than a dozen Kinnikuman figures (both regular sized and the micro's). I thank all of you guys for the learning I've already received from you (Nathan Newell, Dave (the beligerant1) and Alex Forbes), You've all answered some relatively stupid questions, and I appreciate it. However....I've got more!!! Until I complete my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection, I will take only a mild interest in Kinnikuman. Though I will still pick up Kinnikuman figures when I can. Thanks again everybody for being out there, and showing such patience with me. Ken Campbell (Kasy here, & Kasy2035 on Ebay)

HOLY COW!!!!! I forgot to thank Johnny Karis as well!! Without you John, I wouldn't have got into M.U.S.C.L.E's so quickly. My first 4 or 5 purchases were from AKIA!!! I'm so sorry I forgot you John. You also gave me my first non-muscle guy as a in my first purchase of 20 M.U.S.C.L.E men. He was the Noodle Bowl guy, also called the Rice Bowl guy. Thanks John.

#58 Otaku

Otaku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

If we are talking just the toy lines... I shouldn't have voted. :mcmadd: I had a few M.U.S.C.L.E figures when I was in Pre-School (which made me very popular during their 15 minutes of fame) and I have no idea where they went. Probably in a bag or box somewhere in the oh-so-leaky basement. Perhaps consumed by mold, poor little dudes.

Anyway, I was pretty hidebound as a child, and probably still am. Oh, I'd make up story after story... but I began to realize as I got older that I was just ripping off other stuff, maybe adding a few tweaks here and there. While I am still pretty hidebound, I now work with that and just try to make the storyline "my own".

Anyway, I buy the Ultimate Muscle manga and hope that maybe one day I can get official English versions of the Kinnikuman manga and anime for both versions (dubbed cartoons don't count as anime... unless they are uncut). Once I can pick up the fourth edition rule books, I might try and adapt the world of Kinnikuman to GURPS... anyone with info on Kinnikuman RPGs PM (I'd hate to derail the topic).

So, um, yeah, I go Kinnikuman because without their back story, these things were nothing compared to my favorite 80s (and 90s, and present) toy, the Transformer. If you want to make stuff up... why should a pre-existing storyline stop ya?

#59 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:48 AM

I voted for M.U.S.C.L.E. based on one fact alone. M.U.S.C.L.E. is all I have ever known. I have never held, seen, or smelled a Kinnikuman. My vote may have been premature considering I have no experiance concerning the Kinnikuman line. However, at the moment my vote is for M.U.S.C.L.E.
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#60 anime2004king

anime2004king

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

I voted for MUSCLE mainly for the fact thats what I grew up with. I used to have so much fun playing with these pink little wrestling creatures with my older bros. I also loved the fact that you had to use your imagination, but in Kinnikuman's defense had I actually known the storyline I might have voted differently.

#61 kemao

kemao

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

:D

Hello friends. I vote Ultimate Muscle but in my country we can't watch it. I watch it in italian.

Have you got the chapters by megaupload? I'm looking for these.

About Kinnikuman (Musculman in Spain) i like the Baron Blood (Dirty Baron) series.

Posted Image

In Spain we never see the super phoenix series. We don't know anything about characters like Mamossman or Mixer Tai Tei.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Are these series before or after Drty Baron's series?

Thanks friends!
Posted Image

#62 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

I chose Kinnikuman, because without it M.U.S.C.L.E could never have happend, and the story opposed to no story and wrong names makes Kinnikuman a winner in my book. Zudadan! Kinnikuman, Zudadan! Yours, Guy Kinniku/ kinnikuman the 3rd :lol:

Edited by guy kinniku, 16 April 2007 - 01:50 PM.

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#63 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

Sorry to be unoriginal here, but i voted m.u.s.c.l.e for the same reasons the others have. I fondly remember getting my first muscle 4 pack and my first 28 pack and trash can. I had no clue there was something called kinnikuman then. I mean, I was...9? 8? Something like that. I WISH we'd have had the toon and all the other merchandise kinnikuman has received. I voted m.u.s.c.l.e simply because I knew of it first and simple, wonderful childhood memories. Now, though, I've been wanting to finish my collection and have started to get dvds of the kinnikuman toon. So, I'm sure they'll both end up tied before it's all said and done.

#64 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

I voted M.U.S.C.L.E because bottom line without these little buggers I would not go around hunting down sites where other crazy people collect the same thing,Then without finding this site i would not know about Kinnikuman which i can say i love as well.

Enio-
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#65 paste_eater

paste_eater

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

I voted muscle. Mainly because I didn't even know about Kinnikuman stuff untill like a month ago! However I have been watching the cartoons and reading the comics and at this point I'm kind of split as to weather it adds or takes from my muscle memories as a kid.

#66 Dr.Frankenstein

Dr.Frankenstein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:31 AM

M.U.S.C.L.E ALL THE WAY!!

#67 chojinmagda

chojinmagda

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Aren't Kinnikuman and M.U.S.C.L.E. the same?

#68 jmac

jmac

watashi wa calderon des

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:sports, cartoons, history, politics, toys and good food.

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

well muscle obviously got us all started but kinnikuman has the magna and anime and more characters and history so..... muscle.

#69 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

MUSCLE - only because of the quality of the plastic used. If someone only cared about th fiction behind the figures then Kinnikuman for sure.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#70 misterdroid

misterdroid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

I have to go with Kinnikuman. At 38, I was a little old for M.U.S.C.L.E, and thus am not bound by nostalgia. As an old school aime and wrestling fan, I found Kinnikuman via Tiger Mask and a fan was born. Kinnikuman has an awesome, expansive universe that ranges from hilarious to hyper-violent. It also manages to parody true 'wrasslin' with the utmost love and respect. If you are not excited by the prospect of an alternate reality where Dusty Rhodes has his face ripped off by a Russian robot, or Terry Funk never aging out of his prime... well I don't know what to tell you.

#71 shino619

shino619

SteCase King fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

kinnikuman, because it was shown in my country as ''Kinnikuman, el hombre musculo'' (yes, i speak spanish. I'm from chile). I will always remember him by that.

Wow. my vote turned the poll in 81 vs 80 votes in favor of kinnikuman O:
Posted Image

Love Bomber HARMONY HARMONY oh love

#72 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

M.U.S.C.L.E. ;)

If you asked me when I was a child collecting them, I'd tell you because thats what is cool here in New York, USA.

However asking me today, I will tell you that if there was a wrestling match between the two, kinnikuman are just too weak, and they fall over whenever they attempt to lift a M.U.S.C.L.E. off the ground. M.U.S.C.L.E. on the otherhand are very strong and can easily throw kinnikuman all around the wrestling ring picking up the 123 pinfall for the win. As for all the accessories, the figures are always the most important, and although kinnikuman has more, M.U.S.C.L.E. has enough to satisfy me. All other accesories were irrevelvent in my assessment.

P.S. M.U.S.C.L.E.s had C.U.T.I.E.s :)
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#73 KinnikuG

KinnikuG

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Reading, Sleeping, Relaxing

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

I have to give it to Kinnikuman for having a flesh out story, and characterization. Athough, I have to say that if I hadn't owned some MUSCLE men when I was a kid, I might not have gotten into Kinnikuman.
Burning Inner Strength failing... Passing out!

#74 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

i voted muscle because the lack of info made them weirder and more puzzling :lol:

#75 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

kinnikuman, because it was shown in my country as ''Kinnikuman, el hombre musculo'' (yes, i speak spanish. I'm from chile). I will always remember him by that.

Wow. my vote turned the poll in 81 vs 80 votes in favor of kinnikuman O:

dooood let that kinnikuman shine!! reading that just now "Kinnikuman, el hombre musculo" just let me experience muscle in a different language.. it's the same thing in a different way!!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com