• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

Showcase #30: 2002 Nintendo Game Cube Kinnikuman Nisei Kinkeshi (キン消しIIVer.)

It’s really amazing how much the Kinnikuman franchise has stood the test of time. Despite it being more popular with adults who grew up with the anime you still see the franchise featured in cross promotions with respected Japanese companies.

In 2002, Nintendo as a promotion for their Game Cube console released some Kinnikuman Nisei Kinkeshi (it was a pre-order giveaway).

The box had two giant capsules (at some point in Japan I noticed the capsules got bigger and bigger; I often end up leaving them in Japan now because it’s a pain when it comes to luggage space) and each capsule had 5 figures each.

One capsule was red and was one blue for a total of 10 Kinkeshi. All the Kinkeshi are flesh color but the material is much harder than the earlier vintage releases. Way more in line with the Mattel MUSCLE line; they also come with an insert but it’s funny how during production they put the figures in the wrong capsules (I have heard about this from other people too). Meaning the figures in the red capsule should be in the blue capsule and vice versa.

I often think this set/Kinkeshi get overlooked because the series again does not get the love the original anime did.

The detail of the figures is awesome and it’s a pity they didnt make more. Technically these are not for resale but you can buy them in the wild. Often you will see these Kinkeshi sold individually for insane prices but you can buy the entire set for cheaper (I bought my set new & sealed for about $13 + shipping). Mandarake always has them in stock but I can’t seem to find the blue box released in 2004. I highly recommend these!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   167.44K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   128.01K   18 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   206.42K   19 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 31 July 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

The blue capsule had (should have had hahaha) the main characters from the line and had the Y/S T TX B. CHINA markings on the back.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   172.42K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   152.45K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   149.23K   3 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

The last 3 figures from the blue capsule (including my favorite sculpt Wally Tusket!!!!)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   162.86K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   155.38K   5 downloads

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

The red capsule also has some really awesome sculpts as well:

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   145.38K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   117.35K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   114.61K   2 downloads

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Red capsule figures continued:

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   153.49K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   139.88K   0 downloads

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

They look great along with the other color set:

Attached Files

#7 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:05 AM

I have the figures, but not the packaging, capsules, or inserts. If anybody has thise and wants to sell, I am very interested.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com