26 replies to this topic

#1 Sacola Man

Sacola Man

Brazilian Choujin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

can someone tell me how I perform the moves in this games?
and how I select Kinnikuman Great?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

he not in game

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#3 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:36 PM

yes he is, hes a hidden charecter though i dont know how to unlock him.

#4 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

Have you tried beating the game? :drinks: I'm looking around,but so far nothing. By the way,the game any good? I'm gonna try to get a ROM for it and play. With any luck I can figure it out. And this isn't like the time you said Maxman and Rex King were in Galactic Wrestling is it?

#5 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
    Reading.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

yes cos i got the game and i can see him any where so where your prove

#6 BlazeShadow

BlazeShadow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

I THINK I have HEARD Terryman is an unlockable character, but I am not sure of this.

#7 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
    Reading.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:12 AM

ok yes terry man is in the game and yes great is sort of i it but it just seem to be a black vershon of kinnikuman he got the same finsher as kinnikuman same suit as kinnikuman so id say it just kinnikuman but terrys in the game

#8 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

I'd personally like to know how to PLAY the game.

It's just rediculously difficult.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#9 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

No,my friend,not ridicously DIFFICULT,riducilously UNRESPONSIVE. I'm pretty sure Z,X,C,A,S,and do things,but given the fact that there's only about ten seconds in between "START ROUND!" and "PUT ME IN THE PATENTED RAPIST HEADLOCK". Seriously,I mean granted some wrestling moves look pretty suggestive as is,but jesus,when me and my friend were trying this he was like,"Oh,yeah a Kinnikuman game neat an--WHAT THE HELL?"

#10 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

This is where I got my info Kinnikuman games

Also this is from AKIA's own site

KINNIKUMAN: DIRTY CHALLENGER

1992- Super Famicom

Characters- Kinnikuman, Kinnikuman Super Phoenix, Kinnikuman Soldier, Kinnikuman Zebra, Kinnikuman Mariposa, Kinnikuman big Body, Kinnikuman great (Hidden Boss)

Rating:

The first, and probably only 16-bit Kinnikuman video game, Kinnikuman: Dirty Challenger is probably the most fun of them all- although it still isn't very good by most standards. It follows the Last Tournament of the Kinniku People in plotline, and you get to pick from one of the six challengers to the Crown. Gameplay-wise, you fight using really weak punches, really weak kicks, a really weak move that maks you fall down, and tons and tons of holds, throws, submissions, etc. You can aslo clotheline your opponents, as well. You DO have a Super Move that is VERY spectacular, and a Power Bar that filld up for it. Instead of an energy meter, the face shot of your character determines your status, and has three different states. Normal, slightly alarmed, and droopy, which emans that you're dead meat. In order to win, you must wear your opponent down to Droopy, and then either pin him untilt he count of three, or grab him in enough hold moves/submisions to make him give up. it's a best two out of three match. The gameplay itself is very stiff and difficult to master, and most of the hold moves/submissions look very... strange (okay, so it makes them look gay). If you can ebat everyone, then you fight Kinnikuman Great for the final victory- which makes no sense, because great wasn't in the final tournament, and in this game he's merely a clone of Kinnikuman, fighting-wise. The graphics are very good for a Kinnikuman game, especially in the openig sequence and the Super Moves. The music is laughably bad, though, and because the individual fights are so long, it will get you pounding your head into a wall in not time. Kinnikuman: Dirty Challenger might not be that good of a game, but it's really the best Kinnikuman game out there, and when you get into it you'll really enjoy slamming people around as your favourite characters from the series.

Edited by JaguarMuscleThe Lost Devil, 28 August 2007 - 03:19 PM.

#11 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
    Reading.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

cool ok

Edited by guy kinniku, 28 August 2007 - 05:14 PM.

#12 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

This is where I got my info Kinnikuman games

Also this is from AKIA's own site

KINNIKUMAN: DIRTY CHALLENGER

1992- Super Famicom

Characters- Kinnikuman, Kinnikuman Super Phoenix, Kinnikuman Soldier, Kinnikuman Zebra, Kinnikuman Mariposa, Kinnikuman big Body, Kinnikuman great (Hidden Boss)

Rating:

The first, and probably only 16-bit Kinnikuman video game, Kinnikuman: Dirty Challenger is probably the most fun of them all- although it still isn't very good by most standards. It follows the Last Tournament of the Kinniku People in plotline, and you get to pick from one of the six challengers to the Crown. Gameplay-wise, you fight using really weak punches, really weak kicks, a really weak move that maks you fall down, and tons and tons of holds, throws, submissions, etc. You can aslo clotheline your opponents, as well. You DO have a Super Move that is VERY spectacular, and a Power Bar that filld up for it. Instead of an energy meter, the face shot of your character determines your status, and has three different states. Normal, slightly alarmed, and droopy, which emans that you're dead meat. In order to win, you must wear your opponent down to Droopy, and then either pin him untilt he count of three, or grab him in enough hold moves/submisions to make him give up. it's a best two out of three match. The gameplay itself is very stiff and difficult to master, and most of the hold moves/submissions look very... strange (okay, so it makes them look gay). If you can ebat everyone, then you fight Kinnikuman Great for the final victory- which makes no sense, because great wasn't in the final tournament, and in this game he's merely a clone of Kinnikuman, fighting-wise. The graphics are very good for a Kinnikuman game, especially in the openig sequence and the Super Moves. The music is laughably bad, though, and because the individual fights are so long, it will get you pounding your head into a wall in not time. Kinnikuman: Dirty Challenger might not be that good of a game, but it's really the best Kinnikuman game out there, and when you get into it you'll really enjoy slamming people around as your favourite characters from the series.

I personally disagree with Ridereyu's reviews; the NES game is a blast to me, though it isn't exactly brain surgury. It's a great way to kill fifteen minutes, though.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#13 Sacola Man

Sacola Man

Brazilian Choujin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Have you tried beating the game?

I can't even perform the moves
I only can do a few elbow drops,but soon or Later,Big Body catches me on that rape move,and then is game over to me...
can't find any site that explain the moves...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

Exactly. It takes a full minute for it to register that I pressed a button and the enemy starts godmodeing. I just don't think there's anyway to win with this game. It's built that way. I've been playing a ROM version have you guys been using an actual SNES. I have a SNES,but I'm not about to fork over $20.00 on eBay for a game like this. And I have VERY low standards in games. I even liked the Aerosmith game,but Dirty Challenger flat out does NOT work.

#15 Krendall

Krendall

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

I just started playing it and have even won a couple of fights. The grapple system is a lot like Fire Pro Wrestling: it's all based on timing. If all you do is button-mash, you'll almost never win a grapple. When you and your opponent lock up, they'll both sort of dip down slightly after a second. You want to press the move button as soon as you notice the dip.

Here are basic controls (as I've noticed them so far):
Standing:
Y - Strong attack (leaves attacker on ground)
X - Run
B - Medium attack (usually kick)
A - Weak attack (usually punch)

From Grapple:
Away + X - Hammer Throw
Y - Weak grapple
B - Strong grapple (power must be orange or greater)
A - Submissions (power must be yellow (?) or greater)
R - Special (power must be red)

Opponent on Ground; at Head:
Y - Pin
B - Pick up opponent
A - Do ground attacks

Opponent on Ground; at Legs:
A - Do ground submission

While Running:
B - Weak running attack
A - Strong running attack

That's all I've figured out so far (and that might not even be right). It seems that it's possible to have a person's special move reversed/avoided (since the CPU does it to me a lot), but I don't know how it's done.

A note on the Hammer Throw, you have press the opposite direction that your character is facing. For example, if he's facing right, you would press left+X to do the throw.

I just played through easy mode, so here's a list of Kinnikuman's moveset:

Standing:
Y - Dropkick
B - Kick
A - Punch

Grappling:
Y, then Y, B, or A - Atomic Drop
U + Y - Elbow Smash
L or R + Y, then Y, B, or A - Back Suplex
D +Y, then Y, B, or A - Surfboard Stretch
B - Suplex
U + B - Body Slam
L or R + B - DDT
D + B - Power Bomb
A - Cobra Twist (Abdominal Stretch)
U + A - Sleeper Hold
L or R + A - Bear Hug
D + A - Iron Claw
R - Muscle Spark (Sepcial)

Opponent on Ground; at Head:
A - Elbow Drop

Opponent on Ground; at Legs:
A - Romero Special

While Running:
B - Lariat
A - Jumping Knee Butt

Edited by Krendall, 18 September 2007 - 03:57 PM.

#16 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

Sir,

I applaud you. You had more patience with the game than I did.

#17 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

Sheesh! No kidding! I got fed up with this game after maybe 15minutes. He actually figured out SOME MOVES! I can't do anything in this game,let alone any kind of special move. I hate it when there's something that you really love and there's not many games out for it,and almost all of them suck,but you keeping playing the ones that suck even though they because you want so much for it to be a good game. Happens to me all the time. :D Thank God,there's at least Galactic Wrestling. And I disagree with Rideyryu's review too,I think even MUSCLE was better. Oh,and I've been gone for a while(got hooked on the new Legacy Of Kain game :( ),can some one tell me why no one has an avatar right now? Can you see them and my computers being stupid again or is this a forum thing?

#18 Krendall

Krendall

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:15 AM

To be fair, it didn't take a whole lot of patience to figure it out. I had just played Super Fire Pro Wrestling, which uses the exact same timing method (lock up, wait for slight squat, input move). The first fight I did was a complete waste until I noticed that there was a squat/dip in the animation before a move, so I just based things off that.

I still can't figure out how specials are countered, so that's kind of annoying. I've been hit by Zebra's special so many times it's not even funny.

As far as the game itself goes, it could have been awesome. Fire Pro is a great engine to base a game on (IMO, at least) so it has that going for it. However, the fact that you can't move around the ring and the extremely limited amount of characters make the game pretty bland. Maybe I'll try to get Kinnikuman Great and Terryman later.

#19 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

I'd try that "dipping" thing,but to be quite I just really don't care(no offense). But,seriously what happened to the avatars?

#20 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

Wow, how many years ago did I write that?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 Dabeavis

Dabeavis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Classic Anime
    Pinball
    Video games - PC, I use emulators as well.

Mainly have Kinnikuman/MUSCLE stuff, but I also have some GI Joes and a custom painted MOBAT I found at a model show.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

With how absolutley bad the controls are, i was lucky to do a couple grapple moves (I personally hate timing-based grappling)
I honestly think that the below average graphics and broken controls are on par with Ashita no Joe Densetsu / Legend of Sucess Joe on the NEO GEO MVS & AES

Posted ImagePosted Image

I bet many would like to "Tatake! Tatake! Tatake!" the Staff right in the nuts just like in the screenshot above
(Nobody gets knocked that high up in the air from a Jab/Straight in the world of Ashita No Joe)

Edited by Dabeavis, 18 April 2011 - 12:08 PM.

Watching old anime as if it's in style, since whatever is trending nowadays just wouldn't suit me at all.

#22 Dabeavis

Dabeavis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Classic Anime
    Pinball
    Video games - PC, I use emulators as well.

Mainly have Kinnikuman/MUSCLE stuff, but I also have some GI Joes and a custom painted MOBAT I found at a model show.

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

what happened to the avatars?

I think it's your PC, I can see your Captain America Avatar just fine

Watching old anime as if it's in style, since whatever is trending nowadays just wouldn't suit me at all.

#23 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:23 PM

I bought this game in Japan. It has been frustrating me. Maybe on my days off I'll give it another go.

#24 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:52 AM

My biggest issue is, I don't know what to do once the characters lock up. It just doesn't allow them to break apart or do anything.

#25 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 01 September 2020 - 03:36 PM

You are supposed to "mash" buttons to break out but I hadn't noticed it actually working.

"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com