Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Two different shades of green in the Prehistorics?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:16 PM

Just noticed I had these two, anyone else got either of these greens for prehistorics? one on the left is more neon, right one is more like lime green

HjYbHGk.jpg

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:13 PM

Tes, those are different, and documented shades of green.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

oh right, I was going by Aikola's guide, which only has one green listed. 

is there another site with all the colours?

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#4 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

You are right, prehistorics should have only come in the neon green.

The other shades of green that Ridureyu refers to were for older tribes.

I think what you have is meant to be neon green, but produced by two different companies.

Giochi Preziosi made and distributed  Mini Boglins in Italy. I often see them on eBay.

To me their colours are slightly different, and look like they are a little glossier. The one on the left in your photo.

I've not really seen any in depth investigation of the differences, but I think that's what you have!

Edited by Toytoad, 11 January 2016 - 01:35 AM.

#5 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

awesome, thanks for the reply dude. I didn't know they were made by different companies, that could explain it. I did see someone opening some of the italian ones on youtube and they definetly looked glossier. I figured it was because they were brand new, but you could be right about that

i've actually seen orange prehistorics, and I've even got a picture of a pink one, which makes 8 colours that I can work out

one thing I've noticed about prehistorics, I've never seen any of the "ranks" in blue or red. Chief Dredd, Scout Dink, Spy Dork, Messenger Drat. and out of those, I've only seen Messenger Drat in cream. maybe there is a pattern similar to the Samurais 

I'm also convinced there's something similar with medievals, but I can't figure it out. Chief Mogg and Messenger Murg are the only 2 I've never seen in pink or neon red, the other 4 seem to not come in either light blue, or light green, except for Madd which I've seen in light green

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#6 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

Well, I'm more into the sculpts than the colours (apart from the rare rare colours of course) so I've never really looked too closely at that.

I'd be interested to see a comparison of a few definite GP ones next to some Ideal ones, just to see if my theory is correct.

It's weird, I almost view the GP ones as fakes, which obviously they aren't...

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

You know, I don't think it's anything to do with who released the figures. I'm not certain until I check, but I believe that only Spies and Scouts were available in that translucent green colour. There's also a purple colour too that may be the same.

Anyway, Dork on the left is a spy, and Dino on the right an ordinary tribe member. I believe that explains the colour discrepancy.

Scouts were also available in GITD and Spies in black, so the precedent for certain colours to be exclusive to certain tribe ranks is there.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#8 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

Interesting. Well, just theories from me!

The GP colours do look different to me, but I've never seen one so I'm happy to be wrong!

I'd be surprised if the different shades of green were exclusive to tribe ranks, mainly because the difference is fairly subtle. Well, more subtle than GITD or black anyway.

Although if the scouts or spies were added to a tribe later on I could understand a different green emerging, one can imagine a factory being OK with not 100% matching the previous shade.

My understanding was that the Prehistorics all came out at once though, so that wouldn't be the case here?

#9 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:59 AM

I have a list of what sculpts I've seen/own in certain colours etc, and I have only seen the spy and scout from Prehistorics in that green. but then the only prehistoric I've seen in the lighter green is the one I have, I'm sure there are more, but I just haven't seen any yet

I think the Chief, Scout, Spy and Messenger from that series all came in purple, unless you mean a different shade of purple?

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#10 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:03 AM

Well, I'm more into the sculpts than the colours (apart from the rare rare colours of course) so I've never really looked too closely at that.

I'd be interested to see a comparison of a few definite GP ones next to some Ideal ones, just to see if my theory is correct.

It's weird, I almost view the GP ones as fakes, which obviously they aren't...

I believe there are rare colours that people aren't fully aware of yet. for example, the neon only boglins in the earlier sets, some of them are really common in certain colours, and almost never seen in others. In fact, any of the first 9 sets in neons, the rarities seem all over the place. I'm convinced some don't even exist though

I still hope someone discovers a red samurai like on the packaging

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#11 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

Unfortunately I have been unable to do any work on the Boglin Guide over the last few years since moving house and haven't been actively collecting, however I still think the Guide is correct regarding the years the colours were released, however when it comes to the Prehistorics I don't have enough figures to work it out, What my guide does show is that I only have Chief Dred, Scout Dink, Spy Dork and Messenger Drat in Lime Green and Purple and that the other members are missing in those colours and the Original Blue, Dark Red, Cream and NOW Apple Green were only found in the last 4 sculpts... I am taking a stab in the dark to say that I think that the Orange, Neon Red, Pink and Light Blue colours of the other tribes will also be found in the last 4 sculpts of the Prehistorics too.

Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#12 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

Unfortunately I have been unable to do any work on the Boglin Guide over the last few years since moving house and haven't been actively collecting, however I still think the Guide is correct regarding the years the colours were released, however when it comes to the Prehistorics I don't have enough figures to work it out, What my guide does show is that I only have Chief Dred, Scout Dink, Spy Dork and Messenger Drat in Lime Green and Purple and that the other members are missing in those colours and the Original Blue, Dark Red, Cream and NOW Apple Green were only found in the last 4 sculpts... I am taking a stab in the dark to say that I think that the Orange, Neon Red, Pink and Light Blue colours of the other tribes will also be found in the last 4 sculpts of the Prehistorics too.

hey, yeah i've seen pink, light blue, orange, and i've been told there's neon red

thanks for the guide though, i've been using it for years now and it's great

one thing i've noticed, all of the retired sculpts from the early sets didn't come in neon colours, and i dont think any of the freaks did (as far as i can tell anyway), im trying to figure out what sculpts actually did come in neons, i reckon certain ones only got 1 or 2 neon colours, it seems impossible to figure out a full set

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#13 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

also, ive seen a dark red Scout Dink. it showed up in an auction last week but i think someone made a deal with the seller off of ebay

i've also seen messenger drat in orange and cream, which makes things even more all over the place

ive seen Chief Dred and Messenger Drat in both shades of green

i've only ever seen and heard about Dent in pink, i'm convinced that's the only one in pink, but i dunno for sure

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#14 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

Yeah the Freaks and Disgustings were both retired before the Neon colours came out, interesting to hear that you have seen Chief Dred in the Apple Green aswell, do you have a picture at all, that would completely go against the pattern that seems to be emerging. I don't understand the colour patterns when it comes to the Prehistorics, maybe they were released in the early colours for certain sculpts, (e.g Chief Scout etc in Purple, Green - Others in Blue, Red) and then all sculpts produced in the later neon colours in a different wave.

I really need to start collecting again.

My Trade List
My Little Army

#15 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:08 AM

yeah prehistorics seem the hardest to figure out

here's a picture with an apple green Chief Dred, and Messenger Drat. there's also an apple green Chief Drox from the disgustings in there, I have him in light blue aswell (the orange ones were circled from before when i was showing someone else)

Attached Files

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#16 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

ah ok i've figured out why only Chief Drox and Drak from disgustings came in neons, because they were part of the Rare Dudes set aswell. 

also, i'm pretty sure that no spy ever came in neon colours. even Glup (burger dude) who was re released in Rare Dudes, i've never seen in neon. im guessing he was only available in black for Rare Dudes?

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#17 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:37 AM

Interesting stuff.

Also, it's pretty complicated. We might need updates to the chart...

I hope you do get back into collecting them Aikola!  Love your website and use it as my main reference point for the whole line.

Would be cool to fill all the blanks in the colour spaces on it!

#18 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

Guys I am all up for help on the Mini Boglins site, to be honest I think it might need a bit of a jiggle about but feel free to send any pictures of figures not already there on a solid neutral background. Im going to start it would be great to do a Muscle style rarity system too but that it well out ny reach at the moment.

My Trade List
My Little Army

#19 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:46 PM

i've got a pretty decent-ish photo setup, but just need to find the time to take photos of all mine

Attached Files

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#20 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:31 AM

Guys I am all up for help on the Mini Boglins site, to be honest I think it might need a bit of a jiggle about but feel free to send any pictures of figures not already there on a solid neutral background. Im going to start it would be great to do a Muscle style rarity system too but that it well out ny reach at the moment.

Sound good. I can help if I have photos of any you don't have. I'll look tonight.

We should probably take them at the same angle as you have taken yours for continuity.

Any size in particular that would help you out?

The rarity system idea is cool too, I think we'll discover that certain colours of certain sculpts are rarer than was realised.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com