Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Five Nights at Freddy's Building Sets (1)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

Office-GoldenFreddy.png

Hey, everybody!  It's tiiiiime for more Not-LEGO pieces!  I had kind of a retail moment the other week.  You know, where you go, "Aha! Look, it's the Office playset!  That's cool.  Well, I might as well also pick up Backstage, the Security Office, Right Vent, Cam 008, the Arcade Cabinet, the Bed, the Closet, Balloon Boy's Chair, the Hallway Table, and holy crap what have I done?"

So yeah, all this stuff will be split into three reviews.  Because it's like a hundred pictures.  Because I went insane.

I like Five Nights at Freddy's.  I'm unlikely to actually play it, because I've got enough stress in my life as it is, but it's fun to watch.  I also work enough overnight shifts to relate to it.  More than enough.  Anyway, these are by McFarlane Toys, and are essentially LEGO sets, albeit with more texturization.  They come in "large" and "small" packs - the smaller packs are pretty much just a tiny section of wall with a figure.  They're way cheaper, and mostly there to add more animatronics to the line.  These reviews are going to be more-or-less themed by game/setting.  Also, I do not have every set.  The Stage and Foxy's Pirate Cove are missing... for now.  With that in mind, let's look at some building sets from FNaF 1 and 2!

Office.png

THE OFFICE
The main setting of the first game, this small room is your fort, your sanctuary... and your prison. Your only defenses against the animatronics are the security doors on either side, and the cameras that tell you when an animatronic is approaching. You have a limited power supply, and everything drains your precious batteries, so resource management is the source of most of the game's tension. The office is really detailed and cluttered, which left McFarlane Toys with quite a task on their hands.

Office-Fan.png

And the level of detail is great! It's got the TV monitors, the fan, and even the (possibly) evil cupcake! It's missing a lot of the litter on the desk, though - there should be some crumped papers and a soda cup, but we can't have everything we want.

Office-Posters.png

The posters are stickers. I HATE STICKERS. Toy stickers never stay on, and the margin for error when you apply themis nonexistent. Since these stickers stretch over interlocking pieces, they are really annoying liabilities. I consulted screenshots to apply them correctly, but accidentally put them a little high on the wall. CELEBRATE, indeed. McFarlane has included a lot of stickers with thse building sets, and these ones are hardly the worst, but still. Stickers are a pet peeve of mine.

Office-GoldenFreddyStand.png

The set comes with Golden Freddy, who is a pretty good example of the standard McFarlane FNaF body. Rather than creating uber-detailed little people (see: zombies, Game of Thrones), they have made the animatronics blocker and more stylized. It makes sense, considering that the design lends itself to that more easily. They are somewhat similar to MiniMates in construction, with things like torso overlays, removable feet, or three-piece heads (upper head, lower jaw, and a robot "core").

Office-GoldenFreddySit.png

Fredbear can't really pose the way he should, though he can sit down. It should be noted that these sets are perfectly in scale with the other FNaF minis, as you can see in the header image - it kind of increases their play value a hundredfold, doesn't it? In fact, let's look at some potential jump scares...

Office-Goro.png

For scale context, here's a MUSCLE (well, a Japanese kinkeshi).

Office-WitheredChica.png

This is how it looks when McFarlane's Chica is barging through the door.

Office-Chica.png

And this is how Funko's mini-Chica looks. Quick, close the door!

Office-Bonnie.png

Look out, it's Bonnie!

Office-Foxy.png

You didn't close the door fast enough, and Foxy caught you.

Office-Springtrap.png

The windows are also pretty handy as you can see with Springtrap here.

Office-PowerOutage.png

The power's out! And you know what that means...
Toreador, L'amour t'attend!
Et songe bien, oui, songe en combattant...

Office-Freddy.png

Freddy's gonna getcha!

Office-JOHNCENA.png

...And it's JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backstage.png

BACKSTAGE
Backstage is kind of an oddity. The room is from the first game, but the included figure is from the second. Not that I'm complaining, it really works either way.

Backstage-Masks.png

The backstage storage room is one of the creepier things to see on your security camera, not least becaue the heads all move to look at you from time to time. As does the suitless animatronic, too. Do the other ones move the masks? Or do they move themselves? Or is it a hallucination? Well, the place is haunted...
...Anyway, this one has a few logistical issues in construction. The shelves aren't high enough to properly accomodate the masks, and fititng them on their little pegs is a hassle. They actually fit on all the other animatronics, too, which adds a bit of play value if you want alternate heads for your various figures here.

Backstage-GoldenFreddy.png

It's also perfect for Golden Freddy.

Backstage-Door.png

There is zero wall on one side of the door, which means that you probably shouldn't display the set from this angle. You can hook up other sets to that door, though, like the Office.

Backstage-OpenDoor.png

You can do this, for example.

Backstage-Skeleton.png

The set comes with a bare animatronic skeleton, which does not match up with the ones in either FNaF 1 or 2. That's fine, though, it's nicely creepy on its own -this one has a removable mouth on its head piece, too, thus making that head different from the standard animatronic "core" head piece. It does lack the ears and buggy eyes of theone in-game, though.

Backstage-MobileSkeleton.png

But you see, being what it is, the animatronic skeleton has its choice of masks to put on!

Backstage-BonnieBones.png

Well, now we've got a skeletonized rabbit.

Backstage-Skulls.png

You can see the differences between core animatronic heads close up - it's the mouth, and slots for said mouth. Sill, get used to those pieces, you will see them with every single figure in these building sets.

Backstage-Chica.png

Withered Chica is from Five Nights at Freddy's 2. The original animatronics havebeen decommissioned and partly cannibalized for the new "toy" animatronics. Chcia's lost her hands, and her jaw no longer holds itself properly shut. As a result, she appears to be dismembered and screaming.

Backstage-JumpScare.png

Unfortunately, one of Withered Chica's most prominent features is her extra set of animatronic jaws, and theya re only kindasorta represented in this figure. But it is fixable - just use the bare skeleton's face!

Backstage-Withered.png

Now, this is Withered Chica's jump scare.

Backstage-ChicaAltHead.png

You can also swap her head with the mask from the shelf, if you want a simpler, more ordinary facial expression.

Backstage-ChicaMutant.png

But adding the Withered lower jaw just doesn't work.

Backstage-Springtrap.png

And here's Springtrap.

Backstage-WheresWaldo.png

Here's a Where's Waldo game! Do you see what I see?

Backstage-SilverEyes.png

Here's a hint.

RightVent.png

RIGHT VENT
And now for one of the mini sets! See how little there is to this one? These sets are mostly there for the figures, though they connect well to pre-existing sets. Although the vent is from FNaF 2, it actually syncs well with the 1 and 3 building sets, thanks to similar wall and floor designs.

RightVent-Bare.png

The right vent is visible on the far right of FNaF 2's security office (which does not have a set yet). The details are mostly accurate, including the (ugh) stickers, though the hanging wires are a little off. This is because they are reused from the Walking Dead sets. They work, just not 100%.

RightVent-Crawl.png

The vent is indeed an open space, and you can use it to stage an animatronic crawling through. That said, this place has huge air vents.

RightVent-ToyChica.png

Toy Chica is an updated version of Chica - all the animatronics got "toy" upgrades in the second gmae. Smoother, more plasticy, and with bright, cartoon colors, they are supposed to be friendly and cheerful. of course, the fact that Toy Chica takes off her beak and eyes when she comes after you changes that a bit No, there is no alternate head including the beak, but there doesn't need to be. She's... kind of eerie like this.

RightVent-Closeup.png

Those soulless black eyes are pretty creepy, aren't they? It's also one of the hints that the animatronics are haunted - they aren't supposed to walk around without complete suits, and yet Chica takes off cumbersome parts of hers before coming to kill you.

RightVent-JumpScare.png

Toy Chica's head does come in two parts, and if you "open" her mouth, you can get a glimpse at her sickening robotic innards! Yeah, this thing is creepy. Also, I brought it to a friend's birthday party.

RightVent-Emoji.png

When you take off the head feathers and chest overlay, Toy Chica turns into a twisted emoji monster!

RightVent-Chicas.png

Regular Chica comes with the main stage, but when you compare Toy Chica and Withered Chica, you've got quite a difference on your hands! Really, Chica is creepy no matter what.

Backstage-BearsAreBadNews.png

And in summary, Bears are Bad News. Wait, that's a spoiler for next time. ANYWAY... Well, there you go! Keep watching to see more of these sets - how well did they replicate FNaF 3? Or 4? How bad do the stickers get? Stay tuned!

Backstage-Eyes.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:59 PM

Those do look pretty cool, but... stickers.

I don't mind stickers. I can usually get them close enough and the ones Lego use these days are pretty easy to take off and put back if you don't get it right straight away, but I hate stickers that span multiple bricks. It's a construction toy. Half the fun is supposed to be building it, dismantling it and then building it again or using it for parts. How are you supposed to do that when there are stickers spanning multiple bricks!?

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com