4 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

FlopShops-Cookies.png

Well, after that last bout of negativiy, it's time for something fun!  A little while ago, I spied a new vending machine at the local Wal-Mart, but the marquee was obscured.  So I took a picture, showed it to some minifigure-loving friends, and... uh, we bought a ton in bulk.  So now it's time to share.

FlopShops-Marquee.png

Flopshops are kindasorta like Trash Pack or Grossery Gang figures, only with a different art style - they're small, made of PVC, and created by the artist team of Gus Fink and Emi Boz!  For their quality, you wouldn't expect to only pay about fifty cents each - and if you buy in bulk, they'll be even less per unit!

FlopShops-WorstCookieEva.png

Worst Cookie Eva is one of the stars of this set - I don't know what's so bad about her as a cookie, but Eva certainly looks shell-shocked. She's seen things, man. Things.

FlopShops-TerribleDonut.png

Terrible Donut is clearly terrible because of his personality - or maybe because he knows pink-frosted donuts are a Simpsons thing. He's also a great standout in this set because of his personality - just a little donut, filled with rage.

FlopShops-CornyPopPete.png

Corny Pop Pete is apparently the most violent popcorn ever, telling formthat stitched-up scar. This was the figure I noticed in the vending marquee that first got my attention, too.

FlopShops-DumbBoot.png

Dumb Boot is not a food item, but he's hilarious - it's amazing how much personality there can be in such a simple face.

FlopShops-CottonCandyCarl.png

Cotton Candy Carl is clearly displeased with the way his life has turned out. Too bad, too, as spun sugar rarely has a long shelf life.

FlopShops-CandyBarBum.png

Candy Bar Bum may not look like a bum, but he's probably very low-quality chocolate. All waxy and stuff.

FlopShops-PrantPlant.png

Prant Plant is... uh, is prant even a word? Or a name? Or something? He's a potted plant monster.

FlopShops-SparklinSpoof.png

Sparklin' Spoof... okay, what is a spoof? Is it candy? Because she looks like she might be hard candy. I DON'T KNOW.

FlopShops-YoBerryFresh.png

Yo Berry Fresh is one cool customer, what with those trendy shades and all. Good strawberry.

FlopShops-PartiedOut.png

And finally, we have Partied Out, a used party hat that's just tired of life. Gotta love those Van Gogh eyes, too.

FlopShops-Donuts.png

Well, there you go! Pure, unbridled fun. You need these. If you can find them in the wild, spend your quarters! If not, then look them up! They are just.. just... fun. Yes, fun.

FlopShops.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

I need that berry!!

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Thems some sexy baked goods.

#4 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

I picked up 2 sets

#5 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

I saw these in a local shop but was out of quarters. I had a feeling these had a Gus Fink vibe. Dude is bringing love back to the vending machine market, with the flying critter boos and goolies. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com