11 replies to this topic

#1 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:00 AM

I've had a thought of playing with the Gormiti figures using wargaming rules or the like, but don't know where to even start.

Does anyone else have stats for individual figures or a ruleset that they have invented to play with?

I figured it might be fun to use the old Heroquest dice (shield, sword and skull icons) in some way, but miniatures wargaming is beyond me, lol.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated B)

#2 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:59 AM

I've had a thought of playing with the Gormiti figures using wargaming rules or the like, but don't know where to even start.

Does anyone else have stats for individual figures or a ruleset that they have invented to play with?

I figured it might be fun to use the old Heroquest dice (shield, sword and skull icons) in some way, but miniatures wargaming is beyond me, lol.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

Hmm,,,okay, does that mean nobody uses figures for gaming?
I could have sworn I saw a post somewhere on here in which someone mentioned they have a ruleset for gaming with either Gormiti or MUSCLE figures.

I love collecting, but I'd like to be able to use what I have, rather than just hoard them.

#3 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hmm,,,okay, does that mean nobody uses figures for gaming?
I could have sworn I saw a post somewhere on here in which someone mentioned they have a ruleset for gaming with either Gormiti or MUSCLE figures.

I love collecting, but I'd like to be able to use what I have, rather than just hoard them.

My friend and I made it into a pretty complex five figure on five figure drinking game which I'm sure you can use to change the rules a bit to fit your needs if you are interested. It's really fun IMHO.

#4 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

I am lucky in that I get to play Gormiti against my friend's son. It's neat to watch as he starts to learn basic math skills. Although it'll be disappointing when he feels he's too old to play anymore.

#5 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

My friend and I made it into a pretty complex five figure on five figure drinking game which I'm sure you can use to change the rules a bit to fit your needs if you are interested. It's really fun IMHO.

Sounds good to me :D
I'm happy to give anything a go :D

#6 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

Came across this website while searching around!

I think it's pretty old, but sounds like a great idea and would be compatible with EVERY toy that anyone owns :lol:

http://www.nuketown....test/toyboxwars

Trouble is, it's just a playtest description and I can't find the actual documentation for the game itself :)

** Edit **

FOUND the rulebook!!!

Have attached it for your viewing pleasure, seems simple enough and works for ANY toys!!!!

Enjoy :)

Attached Files

Edited by AFCMan, 27 February 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#7 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thanks, though I seem to be having trouble downloading the attachment. It keeps saying its corrupt.

#8 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

Thanks, though I seem to be having trouble downloading the attachment. It keeps saying its corrupt.

Hmm,,,yes, I saw that. Comes up with "This file is damaged and could not be repaired".

Will Upload it again here, but try right clicking and "save target/link as" and saving to desktop.
Might work that way???

Attached Files

#9 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

Tried it but same issue. I don't think the problem is the file, I think the board server gives up after transferring a certain amount of time. I've had the same issue here with big images. Do you have the original link where you found it?

#10 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

Tried it but same issue. I don't think the problem is the file, I think the board server gives up after transferring a certain amount of time. I've had the same issue here with big images. Do you have the original link where you found it?

I can give you the link to where I got it from,,but it cost $2.99 to download from a site that has .PDF files of a lot of old RPG games.

It's http://www.rpgnow.co...o...=17613&it=1

Considering it was between $5 and $10 when it was first published way back,,that's not really too bad.

#11 AFCMan

AFCMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

UPDATE:

No problems now,,have created a mediafire account with the file in,,and another .PDF wrestling game,,GREAT for MUSCLE figures ^_^

Download from http://www.mediafire.com/AFCMansFiles

Hope this helps :)

#12 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

UPDATE:

No problems now,,have created a mediafire account with the file in,,and another .PDF wrestling game,,GREAT for MUSCLE figures ^_^

Download from http://www.mediafire.com/AFCMansFiles

Hope this helps :)

Cool, thanks!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com