Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts! Help us Kickstart this new toyline!

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#376 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'd be down to do a chapter, in an anthology-like comic. Put me down for ten pages. Get me a script. Let's do it.

#377 Deathmarch

Deathmarch

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Been lurking around here for a while. I was extremely interested in this endeavor and had pledged some money to the Kickstarter cause. Sorry to hear that it's not going through as originally planned, but I'm glad to see that RotB is still finding a way to get made.

I'll be checking back here often to see how it goes.

#378 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Been lurking around here for a while. I was extremely interested in this endeavor and had pledged some money to the Kickstarter cause. Sorry to hear that it's not going through as originally planned, but I'm glad to see that RotB is still finding a way to get made.

I'll be checking back here often to see how it goes.

Now that is a great response to what happened. :thumbsup:

and welcome to the board. :)

#379 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

OH GOOD GOD! TOO MUCH TO REEEEEAAAADDD! *head asplode*

*...then re-plode*

Hey! My head grew back!

Ok... so let me get this straight:

-The money collected to get this project underway is on hole because the company who was to design this couldn't make them small enough? Ok, so a lightly bigger figure is no big deal to me. it's the ESSENCE, not the SIZE, that matter to me.
-LOVE the rhino, but the ant either needs antennae, big mandibles, or both. Otherwise, it looks like a generic bug (I thought it was a termite or a mantis before I saw "ant" in the file).
-So are things gonna be reworked to make this dream a reality?
-I still see no Wolf, Skunk, or whatever else I listed for ideas... so hows about I kick the ideas up a few notches!

-Giant Centipede (either like Shool, or something creepier, like Rantipede from Power Rangers: Jungle Fury [sans the bag over the head])
-DEFINITELY AN OCTOPUS!
-Hammerhead Shark
-... I wanna say a Bear (whether it be black, brown/grizzly, spectacled, sun, or polar is up to you)
-Ram (we've had two before, why not add a third?)
-Cassowary (ugly AND mean!)
-Black Panther
-a Cobra (beit one-headed or three)
-a Duck (the white domesticated kind.... for lulz)
-Rat
-Penguin (also for lulz, but we make him a teeny bit shorter than the other figures)
-A Jackal (done in Anubis-style; fur painted mars black with red eyes, and some golden trim in obsidian black armor)
-Skunk (yeah, still going for this one, but make it look all uneverly cybernetic, with "tubes" filed with putrid chemical fluid)
-AN ALBATROSS (my friend would love me for that one)

Ok... I hope that fan love hasn't died, because I feel bad for being so AWOL during all of this.

#380 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

-The money collected to get this project underway is on hole because the company who was to design this couldn't make them small enough? Ok, so a lightly bigger figure is no big deal to me. it's the ESSENCE, not the SIZE, that matter to me.

Kickstarter project was cancelled before it completed, and thus no money was collected for it.
The factory making the gold lion and who was going to make the full run, can't run them in the 60mm format. The gold lion is already paid for, so ti will be made in 80mm.

There are a few other options being worked on right now to get these figures done in smaller runs and to get them to market quicker than previously anticipated. Smaller runs require less money up-front and remove the need to have a large chunk of change to start.

The line is definitely going forward, however, due to the current factory dropping the 80mm bomb on us last minute and nothing being 100% finalized with the other options, development (artwork, website, new characters) has been suspended until we get out the first series this summer. Once that happens, assuming the line is a success, it is back to full steam ahead.

As soon as we get sample pics from the current factory or any other new news, it will be posted here and on the Kickstarter page.

#381 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Kickstarter project was cancelled before it completed, and thus no money was collected for it.
The factory making the gold lion and who was going to make the full run, can't run them in the 60mm format. The gold lion is already paid for, so ti will be made in 80mm.

There are a few other options being worked on right now to get these figures done in smaller runs and to get them to market quicker than previously anticipated. Smaller runs require less money up-front and remove the need to have a large chunk of change to start.

The line is definitely going forward, however, due to the current factory dropping the 80mm bomb on us last minute and nothing being 100% finalized with the other options, development (artwork, website, new characters) has been suspended until we get out the first series this summer. Once that happens, assuming the line is a success, it is back to full steam ahead.

As soon as we get sample pics from the current factory or any other new news, it will be posted here and on the Kickstarter page.

OK, I gotcha. Thanks Jon.

#382 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

http://www.buzzsprou...-plug-on-16-000

Purely by chance I found a link to this from Twitter. Worth having out there and good on you for being so honest about everything Jon.

#383 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Ha! I was wondering when that would be out. We did that interview on the 27th and spent about 2 hours total on the phone. He was a great host!

#384 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

(very late) Sample pics from China!

ksample01-800.jpg

ksample02-800.jpg

ksample03-800.jpg

ksample04-800.jpg

Note: These are the first pics of the sample sculpt. Not final at all. Also, this is the original factory that we already paid for this order. Not the current factory that we are working out specifics with.

My first impressions?

Sculpting is great. Very true to the 3d we sent them.
The head is definitely too big. I got a good chuckle when I saw it. It is almost bobble-headish.
Arms are slightly too long, as well. Proportion is somewhere between the head and body. They need to end just above the knee.
Paint is a quick job on the sample figure, so I am not too worried.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted as more info is available. I'll post a Kickstarter update later.

#385 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the update Jon, can't wait for the final product.

#386 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

My first impressions?

The head is definitely too big. I got a good chuckle when I saw it. It is almost bobble-headish.
Arms are slightly too long, as well. Proportion is somewhere between the head and body. They need to end just above the knee.

Is it possible that the head size and arm length changes were done purposefully? Perhaps they were trying to "stylize" the figure a little bit instead of just making it a mini action figure? I'm not sure how they could have made those changes accidentally?

If so, it didn't work, haha. It looks like the head and arms from a larger scale figure simply stuck on the torso/legs of a smaller scale figure. Gives it a cartoonish look. The quality of the sculpting/casting looks good though.

If/when the head and arms are corrected, I think the figure will look very much like an action figure. It doesn't really look like a traditional "mini" figure. They kind of remind me of MASK figures: proportions of an action figure, just smaller.

Edited by Soupie, 03 May 2012 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image

#387 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Instead of Pirate Lion, I think he looks more like Bootleg Lion xD

But I still want one :p
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#388 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

My lord that's HIDEOUS!! :lol: Glad the Kickstarter got cancelled for sure now! :lol: Just..Wow!

The Head was likely rescaled to compensate for issues with breakage from the smaller head and neck peg of the original concept. I don't think this particular factory was at all confident in their abilities.

Posted Image

#389 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Oh my god!

ROTB_comp.JPG

#390 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

My lord that's HIDEOUS!! :lol: Glad the Kickstarter got cancelled for sure now! :lol: Just..Wow!

The Head was likely rescaled to compensate for issues with breakage from the smaller head and neck peg of the original concept. I don't think this particular factory was at all confident in their abilities.

Hold on, hold on. I don't think these are a total loss.
The big head, long arm guy could have a niche market.

They could be marketed as the "Rise of the Beast-Trisomy 21 Edition-Every Toy Is Special"

Edited by PimpNugget, 03 May 2012 - 09:29 PM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#391 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

I'm wondering if at this point it wouldn't be better to:

1) Keep the same sculpt, but just make them at the 3 3/4th scale. I'm not sure that the mini scale really does anything for them.

2) If you do make them at the mini scale, redo the sculpt giving it more dynamic, "mini-figure" sculpt/pose and more stylized proportions.

3) Don't have them painted. This sculpt looked much better in mono-gray. The glossy, non-washed paint apps really make the figure look cheap. Perhaps have them made in a mono-complimentary color and commission some of the talent here to paint a couple dozen...
Posted Image

#392 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Some quick shots of the magic in my mailbox today....

rotb-rhino-lion-dlp.jpg

The 80mm Lion that we are sending to the current factory in China so that they can use it to work off of for the gold Lions we already paid for.
The 60mm Rhino which, along with another new sculpt (not pictured, to be disclosed later on) which are going to the new factory that we are working with, so they can give us a firm quote.

I spent quite a bit extra to have these printed on a very high end 3d printer. The results (as you can see) were PHENOMINAL! I noticed zero loss between the 3d rendering and the actual print.

I'll take some shots tonight with other figures for size comparisons. TO be honest, I am really digging the 80mm size (and heft). I didn't think I would.

#393 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Very cool Jon, they look amazing~! :D

#394 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

I like the smaller Rhino a lot.

#395 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Everything that i am looking for in a Beast package is in that picture Jon. It blows everything else away.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#396 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

Seeing those guys side by side, is why I always felt an open scale would be appropriate for an animal based toy line. Rhinos are bigger than lions, Whales are bigger than dolphins. .Just sayin.

These guys aren't gonna come back from the new factory in a chibi syle are they. :lol:

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 13 June 2012 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

#397 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

They look great, Jon!

#398 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

They look great! Especially love the Rhino. Love the 60mm scale too. Also, the mono color allows the details to take center stage. Would still prefer more dynamic poses, but these are still uber fun.
Posted Image

#399 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Here are a few size comparison shots.

IMG_0832.png IMG_0833.png IMG_0834.png

IMG_0835.png IMG_0836.png

IMG_0837.png IMG_0838.png IMG_0839.png

#400 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

That rhino is a great size.

Both sculpts are fantastic.

Putting them next to the mini-mate is totally unfair. Like the hot girl who hangs out with an ugly girl to be even hotter. :fop:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com