5 replies to this topic

#1 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:57 PM

Something that hasn't really been discussed here for a while is the fairly new toyline Xevoz. I acutally almost forgot about them for a while. Until now. There is a wave 2 out now, a wave 3 on the way, a wave 4 sometime in the near future, and even some discussion of a 5th wave of figures. K-mart was the last place I expected to find a new wave of these guys, but lo and behold I found the entire second wave of basic figures in the action figure aisle right next to the Gundam figures. After finding these new guys and seeing new pics of future waves, my intrest in this toyline has instantly been rekindled. And now it's time to review my favorite figure from the new line. Shock Berserker.

Sculpt: They reallly did a good job at making this figure look so unique. Every inch of him just screams with wickedness. I really like the gangly akward look of him. Makes him look sort of crazy. :lol: The translucent plastic that makes up his body and the other pieces that make up his head, breastplate, arm guards, and feet, to me this is toy perfection.

Paint Job: There really isn't much of a paint job on this guy. Maybe some paint applications on the head or his magnet accessory. But with most Xevoz, the pieces don't really need to be painted, because most of them are pretty plain looking, which is fine by me, because that was my original appeal to them. There are translucent yellow-green pieces for his appendages and other Lightning related accessories that he has. The other parts Like his head, breastplate arm guards, knees, elbows, shoulders, his bat, and the hilt of his sword are all a solid metallic black color.

Articulation:Here's the real plus for Xevoz figures. Like most others this one has about 25 points of articulation. Some have more some have less, but not much less. They are made by the same company as Stikfas,(the Stikfas logo is actually on the box) so you get the picture. You can put them in almost any pose, especially if you add extra arms or joints from other figures.

Accessories: Aside from his basic parts,(which all come unassembled). He also comes with an extra set of hands, a lightning sword, a lighting bat, and extra head,(I personally prefer the rust bucket head), and a magnet? ALSO, there are a bunch of pieces for playing some kind of game with your xevoz. Some kind of spinner you can make with random pieces,and you can switch the pieces and parts with other figures or something in the game. But, I really don't give a shizznit about that, and I probably never will. ALSO, it comes with a sheet of stickers, which I really don't give a shizznit for either because they come off very easily, don't stick well, or just look plain stupid. I personally think the stickers ruin the look of these great toys. The best thing you can do with them is throw them away. And it comes with instructions on how to build your Xevoz, instructions on how to play the stupid game, and little plastic bags, which can be quite useful for putting all your extra Xevoz crap in.

Pricing: I paid about $7 bucks for my Shock Berserker which is a great deal considering all of the cool shizznit that you can do with him,(except for the stickers).

Overall:5 out of 5. Currently my 3rd favorite Xevoz figure. The ability to exchange parts and pieces with other figures, the extreme poseability of these figures, and just the overall coolness of this guy is definitely worth every penny. If you've seen these in the toy aisle before and have passed them up, take a closer look, and buy just one and I guarantee you'll be hooked. My favorite new toyline for sure. They are a totally different thing than you see on the package. I'm pretty sure they're buy one get one free at TRU right now, but GOOD LUCK on finding the second wave there.

Here's some generic pics of Shocky at the Xevoz website. If you backtrack a little, you can see the rest of wave 2 and wave 3.

http://www.hasbro.co...voz/default.cfm

Attached Files

Posted Image

#2 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:03 AM

Another pic!

Attached Files

Posted Image

#3 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:11 AM

OnE MOrE MUhAhaAHAhaHAha! :lol:

Attached Files

Posted Image

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

I like this guy - he looks good.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:06 PM

Here's my Xevoz shelf. I have 12 different figures, 2 (Moonstalker and Hemogoblin)are on the way in the mail.

BTW, If anyone is intrested, this guy's site has pics of all the figures wave 1-4.

http://www.figurerea...res/figures.htm

Attached Files

Posted Image

#6 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:08 PM

Good review! XEVOZ ROCK! I love them. Now I'll have to convince my mom that I won't be shot at my K-Mart, so I can get some more! I love all the little gag pieces like: Thunder Claw= Boxing Gloves, Alpha Ranger= a little tiny head with no facial features and a little knot of hair at the top, the scorpion guy(I forgot his name)= a sombraro(I don't know how to spell it), the praying mantis guy (anyone notice that I only forget the Sectiod's names?)= a light bulb, Shock Berserker= a magnet (like Smackman said), Skull Jack= a squid arm, Gun Slinger (wave 3)= a kick-me sign. Fun stuff. I love how you can combine everything. A robo-cob-ish torso, on a scorpion waist, with couger legs never gets old. :lol:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com