• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

Well, I bought some new shorts today... and toys. So, of course, here's another review.
Sgt. Stalker is one of the original 12 GI Joe figures, but for some reason is almost always overshadowed. In the old days he was a Vietnam vet, but since now that would make him about 60 or so, we have to find another extremely tough, gritty war to stick him in. As it stands, he grew up on the street, and doesn't take no crap from nobody. Stalker's tough, and is a pretty good non-stereotypical black person. I guess that since he never rhymed or spoke in sports lingo, Stalker just never got his chance in the limelight.
Firefly is Cobra's resident pyromaniac. He's a crazy ski mask-wearing saboteur, and he's more likely to jump the gun and detonate three city blocks instead of the one building he was supposed to blow up. Firefly's just that kinda guy - if it exists, he will try to burn it.

Sculpt:

Stalker: Sgt. Stalker is best described as a "Badass," and his sculpt definitely reflects that. I didn't have an opinion on him until I saw the figure, but now I'm instantly a fan. His facial sculpt is excellent, with the perfect expression on it. His outfit has several sculpted-on weapons, which means that as soon as you put some guns in his hands he's over-armed. His outfit is pretty good, and eschews the typical "superhero soldier" design for a more "Freelance mercenary" look - with the beret. It works.

Firefly: I have decided that Firefly must be related to Beachhead. I know that it's hard to differentiate between two people with ski masks, but that's honestly who Firefly reminds me of. To his credit, he does manage to look different - he's shorter and slimmer, and his head is shaped differently. Like Stalker, Firefly is also already packing heat - he has two permnently-holstered pistols and a third empty holster that one of his guns fits in. You can technically have him wielkding five handguns at once, if you want to. Firefly's sculpt is pretty good, but he really does remind me a little of Beachhead.

Paint Job:

Stalker: Sgt. Stalker's paint job fits the character well. Aside from some strangeness with the pants (Which really don't look too bad), Stalker is one of the best-painted figures in the line.

Firefly: Firefly is dark purple. It's not bad, since it's good night camoflauge without resorting to either the overused ninja-black or navy blue that most figures would fall back on, but he still is purple. The purple's dark enough that it's definitely better than the light violet that most purple GI Joes use, but it's still purple. Actually, come to think of it, I like the purple.

Articulation:

Both figures have normal Joe articulation. Did you hear that? NO ANNOYING ACTION FEATURES!

Accessories:

Stalker: Sgt. Stalker comes with a belt that snaps onto his waist ("Mission Gear"), a few guns, and yet another of the redundant wrist communicators. He's only got a couple of guns, though, which is kind of sad - Stalker needs more armaments.

Firefly: Fitting his image, Firefly comes with a ton of weapons, and a belt ("Mission Gear"). His pistol is specially-designed to fit into his chest holster, and he has enough guns that there are still a few left over after totally decking him out. I like this fact - even though the guns are pretty much all re-used, they're still good to add to your arsenal.

Pricing: At $4.99, you're getting the most out of your dollar.

GOtGM (1-10): 2. Not offensive at all.

Overall: 4.8 out of 5. Even though neither figure has anything insanely unique about them, these are two excellent GI Joe figures - ESPECIALLY Stalker. It's safe to say that he's slowly becoming one of my favorite figures.

Sgt. Stalker:

http://yojoe.com/act...tstalker4.shtml
http://generalsjoes....sgtstalker.html

Firefly:

http://generalsjoes....sgtstalker.html
http://generalsjoes....03/firefly.html

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com