132 replies to this topic

#51 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

I still wanna know - what benefit is there to taking them down if they weren't repros? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the story.

#52 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm sorry, it's not a game, it's not a story. I took them down because everybody thought they where fake and I didn't want anybody thinking they where getting a fake gun. I didn't answer emails because I didn't want to take offers, I was going to put everything on eBay because I wanted everybody to get a fair chance to bid on an item there missing in their collection. When I started collecting, I used to be disappointed when I didn't get a chance to bid on an item or the price was set to high . That's why everything was started at .1¢.  I apologize for all the mix up and lousy pictures. 

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#53 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

I still wanna know - what benefit is there to taking them down if they weren't repros? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the story.

I would imagine the auctions were tainted in the eyes of this community so leaving them up would probably bring low bids, not an ideal situation for any seller to keep things running as is, under the circumstances. I think the community was right to be cautious with the situation, I mean a member leaves a vague message that he's going to sale major LB stuff and then doesn't follow up with details, should of known better as a collector the value of the real LB guns and take the time to post a proper detailing in his auction description. I myself have both a complete orginal LB gun set and a complete Repro set (I like to have my LB's dual weilding) and I can tell you a sure fire way to know the difference, the originals are flexiable, the repros are hard. The seller should of mentioned something like that, should of mention they are not the repros because they are flexiable and you will know it's legit when you get them in the mail and are able to easily bend the guns. A little reassurance goes along way, the seller poorly handled the listing imo, and that in itself seems strange, since the resell value of this stuff is something to be very deligent about.

Edited by FANtomCore, 18 May 2013 - 11:27 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#54 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

So will you sell on ebay the repro set you bought from China ?

I could be interested in some repro for diplay purpose.

#55 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I apologize for thinking they were fake, don't know enough to tell the difference and should have asked rather than judge. Thought it was too odd to risk letting them go for so little with no reserve. Looking back you were probably very confident these highly desired items would not go unnoticed, especially after mentioning on this board. Again, I apologize.

#56 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

Its hard to believe the pics were so crappy lightened those looked exactly like the Repo's from China, and its strange to see there was no other gun listed than the ones that were available in that set. I do agree that boardmembers out here do have extra credits and I respect Venom as a member out here but I didn't have and still don't have any doubt about these weapons being fake based on the pics posted, sorry to say but there is no way I would place a bid on any of them considering them as legit weapons.

And the connection with Mr. Imountainteacher still remains.......  

UPDATE;

All the odds and facts were just against you in this case starting with the to plain looking guns on the pics, the guns listed (same as the repo set), a low rated Ebay seller (which is something I guess no one out here would've predicted you were behind it), the feedback from Imountainteacher, slow replies (which can be a time issue of course). resulting in not knowing who the seller was, the time of them being listed after a good sale of single weapons and the constant awareness of collectors like us trying to prevent those repo guns to hit the market as such. So in the end I think our worries and the followed 'alarm' is more than a logic result based on these facts.

Edited by GJNL, 19 May 2013 - 06:15 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#57 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Well said GJNL. There's the facts and then there's the guy saying that they're real.

What's the harm in being skeptical? If they're real, take some pictures that show that. Or send one to someone to verify. Because personally, I don't buy that every picture he took managed to obscure the marbling. The lighting in his pictures is not that bright.

And it's amazing that everyone's ignoring the fact that he bought a set of repro weapons from the one guy on Ebay that sells repro weapons and everyone takes his word at face value that they aren't repros.

#58 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Why were the only the weapons available from the repro set listed for sale? Did you just decide to not list the others? Forget maybe? Everyone is still a waiting a response about the feedback from chinese repro guy. Why were shitty photos posted? Even if it is your first time selling on ebay I would think you have snapped pictures before. On top of that how does a highly respected collector only have 16 feedback on ebay unless it is a dupe or dummy account? This guy must have some great connections to get all of the items he has and not buy at least one of them on ebay. I racked that up my first week of being on ebay.

As for the lack of response, I am curious on what takes so long to respond to potential buyers? I understand you can get busy with life, but to not check your auctions or respond to people that are supposed to be buying your shit at top dollar for days at a time seems really odd to me. Why was there no announcement here you had listed them? What happened to all the other stuff you claimed to be listing in the next three days? That would have helped your case immensely. I know when I am listing high dollar items I check my listings more often than normal. Just in case people have questions.

I was not even planning to bid on the weapons and it all screamed scam to me and somewhat still does.

#59 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I n this case his reputation saved him because anyone that collects these knows those were the repros. Its apparent by the photos, feedback, dummy account, lack of communication and the way this all went down.

The only question that should be answered where were the other lasers to the set? Answer: I was scamming with the repros

#60 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

its strange to see there was no other gun listed than the ones that were available in that set.

It's not remotely strange, selling the originals makes perfect sense if he's just bought near-identical reproductions at a tenth of the cost.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#61 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

It's not remotely strange, selling the originals makes perfect sense if he's just bought near-identical reproductions at a tenth of the cost.

That would possibly make sense if he wasn't selling his whole collection. He has no need for repros if he is selling it all including the beasts. Not to mention  a true collector would not prefer fakes over originals. Fakes are for people that do not have or can not afford originals. Not for some guy that is selling his whole collection. Was he planning to keep only the repros for his collection? Was he planning to frolic in the set of repros? Why use the dummy account? I am sure once he sees this we will hopefully get some answers these lingering questions. If you did not want to take offers why not just state that in the auction so people dont ask? Why block all communication from your potential buyers? What if someone had a legit question outside of an offer? Can you really be that busy that you can not answer questions from buyers? Not that it is any of my business but what does this guy do that he is so busy he can not respond to people?

Edited by SaltLakeToyJunkee, 19 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#62 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Well that would be one of the first answers that would make sense in relation to the connection with Mr. Imountain, but this was never mentioned......... and don't forget the reply I received in the mailcontact via Ebay;

I hate reproductions

But than again I'd like to clearly mention this is not somekind of hunt for Venom because I'm sure if we would've all known beforehand it was Venom things would've been much more relaxed and sorted out but since none of us was sure about this from the beginning it was not to strange we jumped into the scam-mode.  

So in my opinion two options remain now, those pics were indeed so crappy and the whole image around it was so (in the end) too obvious messed up that real weapons looked like repo's, which I hardly believe to be honest. Or our friend Venom did somehow get fooled himself by these Chinese repo weapons (in which the feedback of the Chinese guy is not really working in his advantage) which is not a shame as we can all see the problems these are causing. It was a matter of time before somehow a problem around these weapons would occur.... 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#63 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't know any of the parties involved but i can't fathom how you could call his ebay account a "dummy account" considering he used the same name he's been using here for a decade.

What's "dummy" about that exactly?

#64 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

That would possibly make sense if he wasn't selling his whole collection.

He hasn't said he's selling his whole collection.

Not to mention  a true collector would not prefer fakes over originals. Fakes are for people that do not have or can not afford originals.

Ah, the No True Scotsman fallacy.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#65 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

He did,

"Hello to all,

I've finally decided to sell my BB/LB collection, I'm only keeping two of my favorite figures."

Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#66 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't know any of the parties involved but i can't fathom how you could call his ebay account a "dummy account" considering he used the same name he's been using here for a decade.

What's "dummy" about that exactly?

The fact that this guy has been collecting for a decade and his ebay account has only 16 feedback. If you had any idea of some of the pieces this guy has I find it very hard to believe he acquired all of this outside of ebay. I could be wrong but lets think realistically here. How many feedback do you have and how many years have you been collecting? I have been collecting for 7 years and have nearly 2000. 

That is what I consider dummy about the account. The guy has too much to claim he bought it all outside of ebay.

Ah, the No True Scotsman fallacy.

And I really hope you are an attorney or something. All these  terms you are using just makes you look like a douchebag that thinks he is smart.

Edited by SaltLakeToyJunkee, 19 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#67 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

The fact that this guy has been collecting for a decade and his ebay account has only 16 feedback. If you had any idea of some of the pieces this guy has I find it very hard to believe he acquired all of this outside of ebay. I could be wrong but lets think realistically here. How many feedback do you have and how many years have you been collecting? I have been collecting for 7 years and have nearly 2000. 

That is what I consider dummy about the account. The guy has too much to claim he bought it all outside of ebay.

And I really hope you are an attorney or something. All these  terms you are using just makes you look like a douchebag that thinks he is smart.

Well I myself acquired the entire LB set with all guns, Drills, Vehicles, etc etc, outside of ebay, from a member here on LRG in a private 4-month long money wiring transaction, so it is possible he could of gotten his LB stuff in a similar manner. I did get an entire BB set with all weapons on ebay though for a mere $400 back in the day.

Edited by FANtomCore, 19 May 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#68 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

He did,

"Hello to all,

I've finally decided to sell my BB/LB collection, I'm only keeping two of my favorite figures."

I didn't see that, where did he write that?

You don't have to be an attorney to know how to not argue like a pinhead.

#69 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I can understand that but he did say he's never sold on ebay before. My account is many many years old with several hundred feedback and it isn't even set up in a way that would allow me to sell anything so i don't think there has to be a correlation between using ebay to snag toys and using it to sell stuff. I do one regularly and have never done the other. 

#70 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

I didn't see that, where did he write that?

http://www.littlerub...163438&p=501889

#71 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

So, contrary to the claims here that this was some kind of secret ninja scam, he in fact was completely open about the fact that he was going to sell his stuff on eBay.

Not quite the picture that was painted in this thread.

#72 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yes, he said he was selling his stuff. That doesn't mean they weren't repros.

You have several hardcore, long time, well informed BB collectors saying that they're undoubtedly repros. The guy bought a set of repros.

Then, there's two people that say they aren't b/c he says they aren't. With no other evidence. Where's the logic?

#73 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

contrary

Too big a word.

#74 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

What happen to the automatic spell chcker jkairs? I'm totally struggling here.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#75 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yes, he said he was selling his stuff. That doesn't mean they weren't repros.

And nor does it mean that they were.

You have several hardcore, long time, well informed BB collectors saying that they're undoubtedly repros.

This fallacy is called "appeal to authority"  

The guy bought a set of repros.

You are just raising a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy here - "He bought repros, therefore he must be selling repros".

Then, there's two people that say they aren't b/c he says they aren't.

Untrue. Venom's long history of trustworthyness is only one factor. I was also told that the weapons in the auction had no marbling, yet I could quite clearly see marbling.

With no other evidence. Where's the logic?

You have no evidence that these weapons are fakes. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Edited by Strontium Dog, 19 May 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com