• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#151 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:20 AM

well I cant go with omega.....so I take B as well. :notme:
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#152 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

I say A.... you do computer work for the government. :notme:

(I actually would have gone with B, but everyone else is, so I have to take a chance here!) ;)

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#153 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

The answer is B, I am not supposed to talk about it....sorry Marc you should have followed the crowd. The first day of work at orientation you get a LOOOOOOONG talk about how you shouldnt say specific stuff to people cause you never know who is listening. And if you go out to lunch you are told to take off your name badge so people wont know where you really work. So what I really do for work is.........hahaha....guess your minds will just have to wander ;)

Im gonna give Eric a point cause I used to tell people that I would have to snap their neck if I told them, and since he qualified his answer being a part of humor, Ill give him one extra. :D

So here are your new scores:
tonganbynature-14
roland13-11
WhiteLeo-16
koppenschevelle-16
grimerslimer-9
scrappy-10
Omega-18
Ghost Lion-13
lazzy lizard-9
Tom-K-12

Stay on your toes cause the next question is gonna be 4 points! Maybe that will end this thing! :rolleyes:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#154 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

Yeah! I might have a chance of winning that Shark that Eaon wants! ;) :rolleyes:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#155 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

Dangit, At least I'm not in last place anymore. :rolleyes:

#156 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:10 AM

i keep missing these damn things. oh well its still fun to play!

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#157 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

Dangit, At least I'm not in last place anymore. :D

:rolleyes: Now me and Gabe are tied with it! Who will NOT come in last is the question for us! ;)

grimey

#158 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:14 AM

Ok here we go.....this one is a HARD one believe me. When I was told the answer it still took me like 10 min to figure out HOW to get it, if it is too hard I may give a hint to the answer. It is a word problem with simple addition and subtraction. There are NO tricks to this. The flashlight cannot be thrown and people cannot be carried across. It is simple combinations that will get you the right answer......5 points!

There are 4 people standing on one side of a cliff one night. They have one flashlight between them. At the bottom of the cliff there is a river that is flooded, and the water is raising FAST. They get to a bridge, but only two people can walk across it at once because it is so narrow. Because for whatever reason, it takes each person different amounts of time to walk across the bridge. For the 4 people one takes 1 second, one takes 2 seconds, one takes 5 seconds, and one takes 10 seconds to cross. Since the bridge is narrow and it is very dark they need the flashlight with them every time they cross over the bridge (ie 2 people cross over and one goes back with the flashlight, then repeat till all 4 people are across). What is the shortest amount of time it can possibly take for all 4 of the people to cross the bridge before it is washed away?

You will have 3 guesses at the answer. Each guess you miss makes you lose a point if you get it right. So on your second guess you can only get 4 points. PM me with the answers........Good luck! :rolleyes: :rotfl: ;)

**Note: If 2 people go across the bridge, their time is the slower number not the 2 numbers added together. So if 10 and 2 were to go across it would be 10 seconds to the one side and then 10 or 2 MORE on the return trip to the other side.

Edited by CCVegita, 25 August 2006 - 10:35 PM.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#159 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:07 PM

I pm'd you with my first attempt at an answer.

Hopefully it is right. I am usually pretty decent at riddles. There is another good one were you have to make exactly 4 gallons, using only a 3 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug. That one is easier though. This bridge one took me a bit of time. Gave me something to do here at work though.

Eric

Edited by koppenschevelle, 25 August 2006 - 01:10 PM.

#160 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

I think I got it! PM sent!

Mark

#161 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

Welp I didnt get an answer from everyone but it doesn really matter cause Mark WON!!!!!!!!! :w00t: He beat out Eric by one point and nobody else could have gotten to 20 from this question except Steve. But Steve answered the question wrong 2 times so he only had 19 :D . So if you want to give the riddle a chance go right ahead and try. Here is a hint, the best time you can get is 17 seconds......try to figure out the combination that makes it that way. ;)
It was fun doing this again! I hope you guys had fun and got to know me alot.....but not too much......that would just be kinda weird! :rolleyes:

Thanks for playing! ;)
Andrew
Posted Image

#162 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

:w00t: Thank you Andrew for putting on a great contest, it was a lot of fun.

Mark

#163 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:42 AM

as always the fun level around here is high! thanx :D

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#164 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

Yes, It is always fun to do these contests! And congrats on Omega for winning! Excellent job man! :D

And thanks to Andrew for putting on a really good shoe! :D

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#165 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:53 AM

hahaha you sd "SHOE" :D

=)

#166 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:00 AM

Great fun! Way to go Mark! Let us know what Beast you choose!

#167 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

Grrrrr......Mark, one point. You beat me out by one point. And I thought I was good, figuring out the riddle on the first try. I had illustrations and everything.

Great contest guys. These are always a lot of fun. What figure(s) are you getting Mark?

Eric

#168 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

If you dont mind Eric, I wanted to post your answer since it was SO PERFECTLY explained. Hahahaha, I was half tempted to let you win since it was done so well. :D

"Alright, I think I have figured out the answer. Obviously, they must make 5 total trips. Three going across the bridge, and two return trips to take back the flash light. Alright, here's what I think. Let me know if I need to make another guess:

I believe the fastest they can get across is 17 seconds.

Like you said, there are four people: 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds and 10 seconds. Here's what I think happens

-1 and 2 go across the bridge with the flashlight, taking 2 seconds
-2 heads back with the flashlight across the bridge, taking 2 seconds (4 total now)
-5 and 10 head across the bridge with the flashlight, taking 10 seconds (14 total now)
-1, which is on the other side of the bridge from step one, heads back across the bridge with the flashlight, taking 1 second (15 seconds total)
-1 and 2 go back across the bridge with the flashlight, taking 2 seconds. (17 seconds total)
-Now, all four members of the party are now on the otherside of the bridge, taking a total of 17 seconds.

So it looks like this:

Side A Bridge Side B

1,2,5,10 ______________ Empty (0 seconds)

5,10 ______1 + 2-->_____ Empty (2 seconds)

5,10_________<---2_____ 1 (2 seconds)

2 _______5 + 10-->____ 1 (10 seconds)

2 _________<---1______ 5, 10 (1 second)

Empty_____1 + 2-->______ 5, 10 (2 seconds)

Empty__________________ 1,2,5,10 (total: 17 seconds)

I had to think it up visually. I was sitting here at my desk making drawings and sketches to do it right, so I had to include them to be able to explain my answer correctly."
Posted Image

#169 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:09 PM

i was having too many printer issues at work to even try to figure out the answer. verry good answer b/c i woulda never got it.

=)

#170 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

:D I would have had it on my next guess too......

Great contest Andrew! Any consulation prize for Last place????? B)

:D Man....I usually am more competition than that! ;)

grimey

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com