#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

http://nerditis.com/...der-miniatures/

wrathoftherighteous03.png?w=470

Some months back, I reviewed Skull & Shackles, a pirate-themed set of Pathfinder miniatures. Pathfinder, by the way, is sort of like Dungeons & Dragon's knockoff cousin - developed because some people did not like 4th Edition, but wanted to see 3rd Edition continue. I like 4E I also like Pathfinder. Take that, haters! Wrath of the Righteous is a module-based set - although a lot of the figures are of generic monsters (and thus always useful), pretty much all of them at least appeared in Wrath of the Righteous, a massive six-part adventure path published by Paizo. WotR is an epic adventure set in the Worldwound, a place where the border between earth ("Golarion") and Hell (The Abyss) is weakest. The adventure starts with a major demonic incursion, and soon becomes a massive struggle to stop Deskari, Demon Lord of the Apocalypse, from taking over. Along with the obvious level of demon-smiting, it has a surprising number of well-realized NPCs, to the point where the adventure feels like a good novel (note: There ARE novels being written, but they are awful. I could write better. I will write better. Wait for news about Lucy December). It also uses the recently-added "Mythic" rule set in Pathfinder, which allows characters to become strong enough to face enemies like gods and major demon lords. The miniatures set coincides with the release of th elast part of the adventure, too. It contains 55 normal minis plus one ginormous "Incentive" piece. The figures come four to a pack (three medium/small and one large) for $15, or about $45 for the big incentive dude (shipped for free with a case, retails for that amount).  Just as before, they are tiny - medium and small are an inch or less, while Large figures get to be two to three inches (Baphomet, Khorramzadeh, and the Vescavor Queen are the only ones reaching  that height).

Deskari.pngApocalypseLocust.png

VescavorQueen.png

The Incentive piece is the main villain, Deskari. He stands about six or seven inches tall, which is GIGANTIC for this kind of thing. Gigantic, but awesome! And plenty of his locust servants show up fairly often in the set, bigger than you would expect.  The Vescavor Queen is surprisingly larger than the Apocalypse Locust.

Arueshalae.png

Imrijka-Half-Orc-Inquisitor.png

Some of the adventure's NPCs are indeed represented in Wrath of the Righteous. Surprisingly, I only pulled a few of them, and to be honest not many are represented. But see that succubus there? Arueshalae is the first redeemed/good-aligned demon that Pathfinder has used, and she might be the first for D&D as a whole, at least canonically. Of course, they picked a succubus because she's pretty and humanoid, and I would love to see an ugly monster seek redemption, but she is a really cool figure. And hey, her armor is modest! That other one is Imrijka, an orc lady who raided Carmen Sandiego's closet.

AreeluVorlesh.png

Khorramzadeh.png

Aponavicius.png

XanthirVang.png

On the evil NPC side, we have almost all of the main villains of the campaign. The Succubus queen Areelu Vorlesh, Khorramzadeh the Balrog, Aponavicia the Marilith, Xanthir Vang the Walking Worm... they are all here, and awesome! Khorramzadeh kind of resembles the previous set's Fire Demon (same species), but believe me, he is a sight to behold in person.

Faxon.png

StauntonVhane.png

Jaarunicka.png

Minagho.png

Likewise, plenty of the more minor villains show up. Faxon there is barely a unique enemy, and yet he's got his own miniature. Funny, because his eployer (a mutant sorceress) does not have one. Staunton Vhane, the anti-paladin, is not the main villain of his module, but he is certainly the most memorable. Jaarunicka the Hag is suitably terrifying. And Minagho the Lilitu is actually one of the major villains in the adventure path, giving you a nice incentive to finally track her down.

Basilisk.png

MythicChimera.png

For some non-demon monsters, take a look at that Basilisk and Chimera!

TarryDemodand.png

SlimyDemodand.png

ShaggyDemodand.png

These three fellows are Demodands - Tarry, Slimy, and Shaggy. Not quite demons, but immensely dangerous.

Familiar.png

Gimcrak.png

Speaking of uniques, note the normal Quasit demonic familiar, and then Gimcrak, a unique one working for Areelu Vorlesh!

Mongrel.png

MongrelHuntress.png

Half-Fiend-Minotaur.png

Mongrels are odd, lopsided mutants, but theyplay a role in the first module! That kneeling hunter has a generic name, but is clearly meant to be a unique character. The same thing applies to the Half-Fiend Minotaur, since only one appears in the adventure.

Neh-Thalggu.png

Neh-Thalggu-Attack.png

This Nel-Thalggu Dominion Invader has tiny brains in each of its pods!

SuicideDemon.png

And here's the controversial piece: A Suicide Demon! Also known as a Seraptis, this is... well, yeah. Odd thing - other demons get called by their "alternate" names - Shadow Demons are Invidiaks, for example. But no, she's a Suicide Demon. And featured on the side of the box. I swear, this is just done to court controversy, though the figure looks great.

Baphomet.png

Nocticula.png

So, speaking of demons... how many are there? Well, yeah, that is the point of this set. Demons, demons, demons! Above are two more Demon Lords - Baphomet and Nocticula. They aren't quite as powerful as Deskari, but wow, they are not to be trifled with. So, we have Abrikandilu, Brimorak, Gibrileth, Invidiak, Nabasu, Dretch, Omox, Kalavakus, Schir, Babau, Lost Soul, Vermlek, and Incubus demons (ugliness, fury, filth, shadow, death, sloth, slime, slavery, spite, blood, a ghost, wormlike body thief, and lust), among some I probably missed.  So yes, this miniatures set is awesome - provided you're looking for RPG demons, of course.

Abrikandilu.png

Brimorak.png

Gibrileth.png

Invidiak.png

deathdemon-nabasu.png

SlothDemon.png

SlimeDemon.png

HornedDemon.png

SchirDemon.png

BloodDemon.png

LostSoul.png

Vermlek.png
Incubus.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Familiar.png

Hilarious!!

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hilarious?

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, he's tiny!

Reminds me of "The Yattering and Jack".

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

He's smaller than a Murk!  The base kind of evens them out a little, though.

#6 Fraganaut

Fraganaut

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Nice. Some of these would make great Dreamblade pieces too. Hmm.

#7 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Most of them are smaller than the average Dreamblade piece.  But Pathfinder Miniatures are essentially the exact same as D&D minis - same scale, style, material, and everything.  It's no wonder that Wizkids got the license for D&D minis just recently.

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

He's smaller than a Murk!  The base kind of evens them out a little, though.

That, and he looks like a baby Porunga Shenron.

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

He does, though Porunga didn't have legs.

And then we have his buddy with a gimp mask.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com