1 reply to this topic

#1 countzackula

countzackula

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Apparently there are many toys made by the Ja-Ru company under the banner "X Botz"...mostly Transformer knock offs and a few other types of robot action figures. I picked these up a while back at a semi-local pharmacy called CVS. Why? Since I have a mild fetish for the M.A.R.S. Heroes 3 3/4 inch figures and any bootleg or knock off toy of them...I absolutely HAD to have these. I've seen only three-packs so far.

ETC1913_zps542703a5.jpg

ETC1914_zps853e409f.jpg

ETC1915_zps1d2fba9f.jpg

Modern day pharmacy or rack toys can be a tad funny. Sometimes you find the classical cheap-o junk and other times you find retail toys at either blown up or greatly reduced prices. A three-pack of these cost around $8.50. Considering that the true M.A.R.S. Heroes cost about $2.50, it's not TOO too bad a price. Technically, they are a tad cheaper in quality. They are still the same, structurally. You can even still pop apart the limbs and such. The gold paint apps don't seem to have taken well to the red figure. I saw two of the same pack in the CVS i saw these in. I actually traveled casually to every CVS i know of, and no other one carried these...not even an empty peg hook!

Naturally, with cheapie toys, you have a bit of trouble looking up info online. I did indeed find a second assortment online for the same price and free shipping...so you betcha I nabbed it!

ETC1916_zpsc66bea00.jpg

ETC1917_zpsd31c48a7.jpg

ETC1918_zpseccc907f.jpg

Now, before I talked about these online, I tried in vain to find a possible third set either in-store or online...but no such luck. I wanna assume each 'bot comes in the three color schemes. The rounded head one is called "TITAN". The pointed head one is called "CRUSHER". The flat headed one is called "STRIKER". Yep, they were ACTUALLY given names! Another thing you may notice about these...the colors...my guess is that these MAY have been an attempt at making knock off Jaegers from "Pacific Rim"! Just look at 'em! It's that or an utter coincidence.

You decide!

ETC1919_zpse259ec6d.jpg

Either way, I still have a hunch that a third set is out there. Any help is greatly appreciated! I was able to find knock offs or bootlegs of the robots and aliens from M.A.R.S. Heroes...but non of the human troopers yet! I know some exist, but I just need to find them.

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

I saw those MARS figures at Dollar General the other day, along with some of the Aliens. Neat enough design for a dollar store toy :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com