4 replies to this topic

#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hey, guys, I was thinking that with the popularity of the "Toy Identification" forum, we might want to consider using a simple standard format for thread titles. This would make browsing and searching this forum for particular (old) threads more efficient. I'm thinking something like this:

Topic Title: General shape, size, color

Topic Description: Trade markings

Example:

Topic Title: SD Robot, 1.5", Orange

Topic Description: Dokzgey (X) 1983

Posted Image

If you've got multiple items, maybe just list all the general shapes like so: SD Robot, Red Ghost, Vegetable Monster, & Butt Cheeks w/ Legs.

At the very least, anything would be better than "Please help identify these." (And I don't mean that in a nasty way. I'm being serious. :blush: ) The idea is that something in the title will jar one's memory without them having to open the thread or it will be an easily searchable key-word.

Edited by Soupie, 23 March 2009 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

People could really stand to read stickies more often. Sadly, by their own nature it seems stickies are too easily ignored unless there's regularly new posts being made.

Also, people, please learn how to use your own cameras, or how to resize your images. People on PC have access to Microsoft Paint, and thus have no excuse. I know free Linux equivalents exist, and there's got to be something offered for Macs. Loading 4000x3000, 4MB images from your camera directly to LRG is an enormous pain in the ass and sometimes refuses to work if your image is just too damn big.

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Great idea, we need to pin this. the thing is, we get a lot of people randomly posting threads to identify figures in other threads (sandbox , other toys, etc..)

i think there are too many NEW people posting asking about toys for this to work, they dont look before they post... but The frequent visitors i dont think will have a problem following this format.

**oh and this figure is a SD Macross Drestroid Spartans**

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

This thread has been read 1,000+ times but no one very few title their threads according to the suggestions.

Edited by Soupie, 26 March 2013 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Because most people breeze past stickied posts, to rush straight to getting their toys identified and appraised.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com