91 replies to this topic

#76 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

Dollar tree has a generic ninja action figure that is transparent green and has a hand gun with other various weapons. Probably the worst i've seen mainly because of the green. And the hand gun doesn't help either. But man you gotta love dollar tree.

#77 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Dollar tree has a generic ninja action figure that is transparent green and has a hand gun with other various weapons. Probably the worst i've seen mainly because of the green. And the hand gun doesn't help either. But man you gotta love dollar tree.

I saw that guy today, I thought it was kind of cool he came with a hand gun. What does a ninja need with a handgun?
Not a dollar worth of cool though.

#78 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

I bought some of the smaller dollar fig ninjas a number of years ago. The ones that came with weapons and clip on armor. A couple of them broke right out of the package. :lol: I didn't even get a dollars worth out of em. :D

Posted Image

#79 Safeatsecond

Safeatsecond

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Writing, softball, cars. Space movie/tv nut.<br /><br />Collect - Vintage 3 3/4&quot; Sci-fi figures <br /> - Sci-fi ships, diecast etc (no models)<br /> - Hasbro Heroes, Imaginext, Fisher Price Great Adventures etc.<br /> - Ninja Mites, MIMP.<br /> <br />Looking for 1970's parachuting Godzilla, Rhodan etc. (similar to MIMP).

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:57 AM

I'm fairly new here and it might be too early for me to spout off my very strong feelings about toys, but they are strong feelings.

How about instead of one particular toy, we gobsmack a producer of toys. Diamond Select toys pops to mind. I don't see anything remotely toyish about ANYTHING they've produced. Take for example their butchering of the Serenity action figure line. Here's a particularily acurate review http://www.mwctoys.c...IEW_090505a.htm

For that matter, the majority of action figures produced today should be called statuettes, there's nothing actiony about them. Hasbro Star Wars figures suffer from this hyper active attention to details to the point the playability of the figures have suffered. They've essentially sold out. Caved to their idea of what the 'collectors' want.

Look at the Justice League Animated action figures for example. These have good sculpts but have you ever tried to stand one of them? Good freakin' luck. Try putting one in a sitting position. You're in for a good laugh there.

But if I had to pick one figure out, it's Malcolm Renolds from Diamond Select's Serenity series. I LOVED the show and movie, but the figure.... fit for the pit.

End of rant. :)
*steps of the soapbox*
"Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world."
-Frankenstein; The Modern Prometheus, Mary Shelley

#80 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

BUMP!

Not an action figure, but these are the worst looking things I've ever seen in my life....

Posted Image

I'm sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't resist it. I had to.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#81 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

I remember when this came out. It was packed with a display case, and I kicked myself because I had bought the first release that came with Wedge, but wanted the scanning trooper too.

glad I didn't. In hindsight, I'm much happier with Wedge.

#82 Dabeavis

Dabeavis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Classic Anime
    Pinball
    Video games - PC, I use emulators as well.

Mainly have Kinnikuman/MUSCLE stuff, but I also have some GI Joes and a custom painted MOBAT I found at a model show.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:50 AM

BUMP!

Not an action figure, but these are the worst looking things I've ever seen in my life....

Posted Image

If Jim Henderson was still around, he would be completly pissed off that someone is making hanged muppets

Watching old anime as if it's in style, since whatever is trending nowadays just wouldn't suit me at all.

#83 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

In heaven they call him "Whirlin' Jim" ever since those things were made, since he's been spinning in his grave.

#84 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

And the name's Henson. Jim Henson.
"Anyone got any aspirin? I have a splitting headache..."
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#85 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

But if I'm going to rag on someone, :teehee: , I might as well put in my two cents.

I've always been a very conservative toy collector. Most everything I collect has been play-tested, either by a friend or through a friend, and I never EVER go after a movie or TV line. Hey, I grew up in the 'Raised-by-Star-Wars' generation, too, and was a Star Trek fan for many years, but never felt the need to collect it all. Also, everything I collect is within the 1-3" range, which makes storing and displaying a lot easier. With the exception of LEGO Bionicle, and I'm almost sorry I got into them. Not only are they hell to pack up and move, if the need arises, but I've also never found a great way to display them.
Now, if I had to choose my greatest disappointment, I would choose to mention McFarlane Toys 'Signs of the Zodiac' release. I first saw these at Spencer Toys, and immediately I was intrigued, and could already see the display potential! Think of it: an entire shelf, each hideously disfigured creature with some sort of backdrop connected to it's astrological identity. My sign displaying some significance. The first four were Aries, Cancer, Gemini, and Taurus, and in typical McFarlane style, were well-detailed, sculpted, and looked fantastic! I waited til they were on clearance, snagged the crab-hybrid sea monster Cancer sign.....only to find out they were scrapping the line after the first four. AAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! On top of all that, the piece of crap broke days later.
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#86 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Yep, everything McFarlane I've ever owned broke way too readily.. except for my McFarlane Tetsuo. Love that guy!

#87 Dabeavis

Dabeavis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Classic Anime
    Pinball
    Video games - PC, I use emulators as well.

Mainly have Kinnikuman/MUSCLE stuff, but I also have some GI Joes and a custom painted MOBAT I found at a model show.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

I doubt this is a candidate, but i thought i would include it.

Posted Image

He Comes mainly with an 5 point articulated crocodile (the back could hurt somebody though),He speaks several phrases, but the worst aspect is the creepy facial expression and the hair doesn't suit him.
(I don't have it, it's from a youtube review)

Edited by Dabeavis, 02 April 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Watching old anime as if it's in style, since whatever is trending nowadays just wouldn't suit me at all.

#88 Beast

Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

Destroyed Cassandra as they actually sold an empty frame.
Posted Image
http://www.starrideronline.co.uk/doctor-who-series-2-destroyed-cassandra-figure-180-p.asp

#89 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

$_3.JPG
"Nuff said"

#90 ellimar30

ellimar30

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

Currently my worst figure.. i wouldn't call it an "Action Figure"... Is the Pop! Dr.Who Dalek. Couldn't even take it out of the box.

evolvingdaleksec.png

Worst toy from Childhood... Stretch Armstrong

250px-Stretch_Armstrong_toy.jpg

My best action figures are at my grandmas because my kids play with them when we go over there.... TMNT pizza  Thrower

2988.jpg

He Man and Battle cat are still alive at grandmas too

He-Man-and-Battle-Cat-1980s.jpg

e+ ElliMar30 e+

#91 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

I totally forgot this thread existed. Now that it has risen from the grave, hopefully some more noobs can drop their input in here.

I loved this thread!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#92 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Tabletop Games, Cartoons, Superheroes, Photography.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

Attached File  tys12657.jpg   31.41K   1 downloads

Okay, not an action figure...and maybe it's just my luck with this one.

We had an annual "aviation week" at my elementary school, and it (like the book fair) was really just a way to sell overpriced merch to children. 

I think my parents paid between $10 - $15 for one of these things. I got it home and tried it out for the first time. Boom. Broken.

I took it back and got a replacement the next day. Same deal. Broke on the first yank. 

That was the end of aviation week, so I didn't even have a chance to replace it, even if I thought the third one would be better than the first two.

Attached File  Metal-Robot-Ultra-Chrome.jpg   100.57K   2 downloads

Best toys of my childhood had to be these Power Rangers knockoffs.

They were available in the same scales as the official figures - some around 5" and some around 8".

I would argue the quality of paint/plastic was equal between the real thing and the knockoffs. Plus the knockoffs had more articulation.

I had a lot of adventures with these guys. The blue 5" was my avatar in many a play session.

Edited by Smotemotem, 29 December 2015 - 09:39 AM.

Come see my collection on Instagram: 

www.instagram.com/smotemotem/

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com