Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

Posted Image

#2 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

:p -_-

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#3 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

I am on my way to the convention center -_-

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

IF that is a Battle Beast, I am sadly disappointed. That looks like a bad kitbash w/ a kubrick. I sure hope this isn't what they will look like. If so...the line will most likely fail and fail miserably. :D

TGB

#5 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

I highly doubt that is supposed to be a Battle Beast as there is a person figure behind it and I don't they would bring people into the BB line. My guess is it's a new line of minimates. As far as minimates go I do like it quite a bit though!
-Barry

#6 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

Posted by Julius Marx on his Twitter account:

"DST just announced BattleBeasts minimates. They now own the brand."

Most people who've commented on that figure have been favourable about it so it might not fail as hard as you think Marty :D

Edited by fourth_heir, 25 July 2009 - 11:54 AM.

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

It looks terrible. I never liked Minimates, and considering that many feel Battle Beasts to be a brother of Transformers this is almost insane! This will be one of those rare examples where the looks, playability, and coolness of a reborn toyline is trumped by the original line. Hasbro could have done so much with the brand.

Posted Image

#8 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

There were a lot of hints lastely. First the Trademarks now owned by DST. Then this page at the DST site : Minimates Playset Revealed! including this sentence :

Also included in this set are two exclusive Minimates - an armed guard to protect your playset and a yet-to-be-revealed all-new animal-related Minimate sure to delight fans looking to see where Minimates are headed in the future.

And finally the SDCC pic I posted here.

Now that the brand has been officially announced I can't wait to see more of them. I want to know how they will be sold (2 pack or something else), will they include a wood/fire/water sort of, when will they be released, etc. DST can count on me to buy them (and even duplicate of them). But first I need to know when will this playset be available and where can I buy it.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

I read the news about the Minimates playset before, and that "animal-related" blurb in particular, and never gave it a second thought at all. I couldn't possibly have imagined that it was Battle Beasts!

...and I still sorta can't, considering the appearance of that Gator. :lol:

#10 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

...and I still sorta can't, considering the appearance of that Gator. :lol:

What's wrong with this gator ?

#11 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

I sorta like it. Also, do you think you look through the slit on the chest to see its symbol?

#12 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

I sorta like it. Also, do you think you look through the slit on the chest to see its symbol?

or maybe insert some kind of a key to check its symbol. I really hope they will include the symbols in this new line.

#13 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

They aren't BBs without the symbol. Hopefully they have a weapon as well.

#14 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

They are bringing back Battle Beasts and some of you are complaining? What's wrong with all of you???

dabbuu
Posted Image

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

More power to Diamond Select for bringing back something we all enjoyed as a kid, but I feel that these will be inferior to the originals if they end up going the minimates route. :lol: Make em articulated, give em big heads or what have you I don't care, but blocky arms and legs just won't cut it for me. It's just not what I envisioned about a reinvention of the line.

Posted Image

#16 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

More power to Diamond Select for bringing back something we all enjoyed as a kid, but I feel that these will be inferior to the originals if they end up going the minimates route. :lol: Make em articulated, give em big heads or what have you I don't care, but blocky arms and legs just won't cut it for me. It's just not what I envisioned about a reinvention of the line.

Are we really seeing the same pic ? Where is the block parts in this gator ? I only saw the legs.
When I first discover that DST goo the BB trademarks I was worried about them making Minimates BB. But it was only due to the Minimates head shape. Now that i saw this pic I know that the BB ones will still have heads in the same way as the old line. I can live with block legs and arms as long as they keep the feeling of the old line.

#17 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

IF that is a Battle Beast, I am sadly disappointed. That looks like a bad kitbash w/ a kubrick. I sure hope this isn't what they will look like. If so...the line will most likely fail and fail miserably. :lol:

TGB

I'm sorry to say, but I'm with Marty on this one... :lol:
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#18 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

I read the news about the Minimates playset before, and that "animal-related" blurb in particular, and never gave it a second thought at all. I couldn't possibly have imagined that it was Battle Beasts!

Myself as well...

With that said i applaud the reawakening of the brand and look forward to seeing other beast from the line but taking the pic at face value i have mixed feelings leaning towards the negative. To take a non block figure with fair sculpting and then update it so that its brick style..regardless of the fact that its covered in armor.. seems like s step backwards. I like minimates for what they represent. Definitely not because they are block style.

Heres the silver lining though: Minimates arent that different from Mega Bloks mini figure Pyrates offerings which arent block styled. If they wanted to DST could make some subtle changes before making these available i.e. use rounded extremities as opposed to squared ones like the Pyrates (or..stikfas if you prefer). Ive done it on my own customs and it wouldnt take that much to retool the mold considering the size and lack of complexity of the parts that need to be altered (which look to be the upper legs only as far as whats visible). It wouldnt make these perfect but certainly more palatable.

Theres hope...and ill be watching. The fact that Battle Beast are back in any form is cool :lol:

Edited by Articulationnut, 25 July 2009 - 08:35 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#19 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

I like this gator...can't wait to see more....think it works on an evolution level: first Battle Beasts, then Lasers, now these. And if these do well...who knows what will come out of it. I'll definitely support the line.

#20 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

Who's saying this is Battle Beasts? I walked past that display on Thursday and did a double take cause it reminded me of skull grotess colors. I asked them if this was a battle beast sculpt and the guys at the both said no it's the minimates line.

Seeing it in person though, it definitely didn't impress me at all once I took a closer look. Even if this is true, I'm down with everyone else that I'm not really that into this without symbols. That and I hate minimates.

#21 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:45 AM

http://www.minimatem...?showtopic=6662

Edited by dabbuu, 27 July 2009 - 04:46 AM.

Posted Image

#22 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

I'm neither a huge fan of Minimates.Kubrick or Battle Beasts, but I think this one figure look pretty good.

I've always seen the strength of BB's being the head sculpts and this new one looks pretty good. It's too bad BB is globing onto an existing brand, but there could be worse outcomes.

Until we see more figures, I wouldn't go jumping onto or off of the bandwagon.

#23 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

http://www.minimatem...?showtopic=6662

Sad. Really sad. For the guy on that thread who said wasn't it better to have some resurgance of battle beasts than none at all, I would respond no, it's not better. Not if they're going to be blocky pieces of crap. Wish people on the board here could have figured out long ago how to get a hold of the people who held the license in the first place. I would have put down 20-30k of my retirement savings in the kitty as an investor for that license just so it wouldn't go to crackpot lines like minimates. With the success of toy/game lines like bakugan, gormiti and pokemon in the recent market, it'd only make sense to restart the line under the same vein, given BB was one of the first toy lines to pioneer the battling concept. But no, we're stuck with the license going to some block company. The people on that other forum can make fun if they want, but I don't care, you make the figures like the gator in that picture, you won't get nearly the business you'd get if you made new figures under the original style with rubs or orbs or a similar game mechanic. They could make a good profit as well (as long as they had access to the molds in the sale of the license) to just re-release the high number laser beasts. Japanese and Americans alike would put down decent money for a set (considering they put down hundreds of dollars a piece for many of them now).

#24 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

I am very excited to see this. And with DST owning the brand, not just the licensing, there is a ton of stuff that they will have the freedom to try with this line. I know I have waited 20+ years to see more Battle Beasts released. I have collected other lines, such as Gormiti, to fill that void, but ultimately Battle Beasts has always been my favorite toyline. And finally we are going to be seeing new ones. From the looks of that gator, it seems like we are just going to get rehashed articulated versions of the original figures, but entirely new figures.

I personally think the minimates/battle beasts combo is a good match. Honestly, I don't think Battle Beasts would have the legs to last as it's own line. But, as a subline of figures that is rather successful among collectors, it might have a chance to last a good while. Also, both lines being right around 2" means that these new figures should match up atleast somewhat well with the original battle beasts. Plus, we all love to customize our battle beasts to make new figures, and those minimates seem like they will have a good deal of swappable parts. Heck, maybe the armor breast plates will be clipped on so that you can swap them between different beasts. I really think there is a whole lot of possiblities for what they can do with this line, and I am incredibly excited to see what they do.

I know we have sort of had inklings of rumors that there might be the possibility of of new battle beasts figures for a little while now, but we all had to figure that they would change them somehow. Atleast they are going to be the right size. I was primarily worried about them making larger figures so that they two lines wouldn't really match each other.

And this playset seems like it might be setting up a story for how the battle beasts come about. From what I have heard its a lab playset with a guard and the gator battle beast. Maybe this gator is the first battle beast in this storyline, with the lab making more, and these beasts going crazy and rebelling. Did anyone who went to SDCC happen to see a card of when the playset might be released?

I am very very excited to see this.

Eric

#25 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

I would think you would have to be a Mini Mates Fan to appreciate the new series, which I am not. I do love Mega Blocks though and I appreciate that their figures are not blocks.

Just my two cents..... :lol:

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com