• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#26 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Imperfecz, that is really grotesque man.

Back on topic, I really hate the idea of comic-con exclusives. From an international POV, its a real pain in the ass trying to even find out what will be where, for how much and in how many, etc. There's a lot of stuff that always flys under the radar, like this AP Pink BDB I knew nothing about.
It sucks even more if you're a completionist and wanting to keep up with new releases, without having to break the bank later when the items get flipped at high prices on EBay or whatever.
If it weren't for the kindness of members both here & @ OT, I would have just given up a long time ago.

Attached Files

Edited by Metalmonkey, 22 July 2013 - 06:32 PM.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#27 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

That's Spanky's picture with the pink 'Beet right? No idea how widely they were available at SDCC or if this was an early release to a friend. If they were at the booth in any quantity you'd think George would have been pushing them more pre-con. It is one of the last few colours from the first production run of S2/BD that's not seen a release yet.

soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#28 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Somebody on the OT forum has black Deadbeets for sale. Not sure where they came from.

04B33FAD-9B54-4F15-83AF-6D9850F0C507-206

#29 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

There were 5 black 'Beets in each of the 20 clear vinyl figures, still to be released individually. I'm predicting those to be Scott's artist release.

#30 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

I was just checking the OT forum and someone asked if there were Deadbeets leftover from the Con. George's response:

"Nothing left over, just the small batch we held back for the online sale.
We will announce a time and date soon."

So, I guess they just set some aside in advance, instead of taking Con ones out of packaging for online sale.

I've been collecting every color of these so I don't want to stop now. Not sure how much he means by a "small batch" but hopefully they won't be impossible to get.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#31 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

I was just checking the OT forum and someone asked if there were Deadbeets leftover from the Con. George's response:

"Nothing left over, just the small batch we held back for the online sale.
We will announce a time and date soon."

So, I guess they just set some aside in advance, instead of taking Con ones out of packaging for online sale.

I've been collecting every color of these so I don't want to stop now. Not sure how much he means by a "small batch" but hopefully they won't be impossible to get.

I'm honestly trying to stay OUT of the animosity that seems to be leveled at OT. I'm not saying anyone on either side has valid or invalid reasons in the matter. I just don't. That having been said...

George has already said that the best way to get the SDCC stuff is to be at SDCC. What will go up on that sale will be EXTREMELY low stock. Be prepared for quick sellouts and to be on that site when these are announced.

1146643_10200212887837133_1911149890_n.j

#32 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm honestly trying to stay OUT of the animosity that seems to be leveled at OT. I'm not saying anyone on either side has valid or invalid reasons in the matter. I just don't. That having been said...

George has already said that the best way to get the SDCC stuff is to be at SDCC. What will go up on that sale will be EXTREMELY low stock. Be prepared for quick sellouts and to be on that site when these are announced.

Well, if that's the case, it's too bad they made the Deadbeets a Con exclusive. There are obviously a lot of people who collect every color of them as evidenced by how quickly they always sell out. Many people will probably be left with incomplete collections now, if the online stock does actually turn out to be extremely limited.

I understand why people do Con exclusives, but I probably wouldn't do it for something like the BD, which seems to have a higher than typical amount of people trying to collect all varieties of it.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#33 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm getting kind of frustrated with the whole thing. Not just OT, but a lot of the limited nature of indie and art toys. The most fun I've had recently as a collector has been buying little pieces of rubber shaped like Garbage. That's sayin' something.

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Just to clarify, there is absolutely zero animosity between the LRG and October Toys. We have plenty of members who frequent both boards daily. The issue is between a handful of members here and George himself. They just don't get along for various reasons.

#35 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm getting kind of frustrated with the whole thing. Not just OT, but a lot of the limited nature of indie and art toys. The most fun I've had recently as a collector has been buying little pieces of rubber shaped like Garbage. That's sayin' something.

I see both sides of the fence in this regard. I understand they don't want to have too much leftover stock, but at the same time a lot of people usually end up being left high and dry for products and either need to resort to paying outrageous eBay prices or not having it at all.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#36 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Just to clarify, there is absolutely zero animosity between the LRG and October Toys. We have plenty of members who frequent both boards daily. The issue is between a handful of members here and George himself. They just don't get along for various reasons.

OK, Fair enough.

#37 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

The pink AP were at Scott's booth and he was selling them, not sure if he will be selling them online but I doubt they were just a comic-con exclusive. Scott was a really cool guy to meet. I also have to say George was super nice and a great guy to talk to. He said they held a portion of the colors they used for comic-con to sell online and so they were never in packages in the first place. They really didn't have all that many sets out for sale at sdcc and so there should be a decent amount for online, but I'm just guessing from what I saw. And for those that are like me and want every Beet release, he said they still have black and will be most likely trying to get those sold for October release. I'm thinking black/orange release for Halloween!

Edited by seekingxar, 23 July 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#38 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I see both sides of the fence in this regard. I understand they don't want to have too much leftover stock, but at the same time a lot of people usually end up being left high and dry for products and either need to resort to paying outrageous eBay prices or not having it at all.

Nature of the collecting beast, I 'spose. :D

#39 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm thinking black/orange release for Halloween!

Brilliant! 

#40 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

The problem with the limited availability of the Deadbeets is due to a few reasons.

1. They are part of the Series 2 OMFG mold. So if an OMFG exclusive color is run at 200 sets, you only get 200 Deadbeets as well.
2. They are only $2 each, which makes #3 happen more readily.
3. People will buy 2-3 of each Deadbeet for their collection. Not so with the full OMFG sets.

If the Deadbeets were a separate mold then more of each color could be made to fill the demand.

#41 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

I understand the benefits having comic-con exclusives, but is it the best thing for the OMFG community when the series has been established and sold online? So many people have poured their wallets into buying these things and building a collection, online.
Not saying they're expensive, but there's been a multitude of colour releases along the way. It's a bit of a slap in the face for the loyal fans who stake out every drop, sometimes in the middle of the night or whatever, when all of a sudden they're not available online anymore (or in limited numbers, which is better than nothing I guess).

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#42 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

I gotta play devil's advocate on the late night drop thing. Its really not their fault. With people in timezones around the world, there is just not going to be a way to please everyone.

In fact, I understand the frustration, I really do. But, at least Deadbeats and OMFG are available to anyone who wants them. I came in late and can still get a nice selection of color ways at reasonable prices in both OMFG series and Dead beets. On that score October Toys deserves credit for making more than enough to fill needs. Is it perfect? Nothing is.

But, there are many indie toy lines that have drops and stuff is sold out in seconds or minutes. (I'm pretty sure my timing and money issues mean that I'll never physically own a Mystical Warrior of the ring). So huge props to them for that. The only company to currently handle drops and availability better is Doctor Kent and his Mordles followed by Onell who does a terrific job as well.

Edited by pocketmego, 24 July 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#43 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

SDCC Yellow & SDCC Blue Baby Deadbeets and OMFG Series 2 will be available here on our site on Monday 7/29 at noon PST.

#44 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

SDCC Yellow & SDCC Blue Baby Deadbeets and OMFG Series 2 will be available here on our site on Monday 7/29 at noon PST.

About 30 minutes to go. Limit of 2 of each color per person.  

#45 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Great, the international shipping option is broke again. Useless. Everything I want in my cart, and I can't buy it. Half-assed bullshit.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#46 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I finally was able to make it to purchase this time around. Still looking for red, white, and blue deadbeets. If anyone can help please pm. Also looking for the newest Armorvor. Sorry to hear of the trouble Strontium.

#47 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Same situ as Stronium, 'Beets were cartjacked by the time I'd found a US address I could use as an emergency measure. I've put the OMFGs back and will be looking to buy or trade for all 12 figures at once down the line rather than paying multiple lots of international shipping getting them piecemeal.

#48 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Might have a trade in the works for the 'Beets so just to show how fickle I can be I've ordered just the OMFGs now that the store is fixed. Failing that I may still be looking for the Beets if anybody grabbed a spare set.

#49 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I agree, removing the packaging seems counter-productive and also punishing those who want to pay for the Con-Exclusive item but now have to settle for buying it loose instead of MIP. As a company why do that, when they could just ebay or put the leftover products in their online store. Those who attended the Con will be selling them in its packaging so why shouldn't they do it themselves with their leftovers. Plus they be wasting time just to be ripping the header cards off the packaging. They paid for those header cards they shouldn't throw them away in the belief they are providing something exclusive. Counter-productive bad idea.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#50 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Toys! Of course!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

I agree, removing the packaging seems counter-productive and also punishing those who want to pay for the Con-Exclusive item but now have to settle for buying it loose instead of MIP. As a company why do that, when they could just ebay or put the leftover products in their online store. Those who attended the Con will be selling them in its packaging so why shouldn't they do it themselves with their leftovers. Plus they be wasting time just to be ripping the header cards off the packaging. They paid for those header cards they shouldn't throw them away in the belief they are providing something exclusive. Counter-productive bad idea.

Really, we've just been trying different things with exclusives to see what works best.  I personally am not a fan of exclusives, but i understand that some people are.  So seeing that, we want to make people who like exclusives happy by trying to provide one.  The main problem i have with exclusives is that they are rarely "exclusive" anymore. Even as far as seeing the SDCC "exclusives" for sale at Toys R Us months later!  As a collector who paid money to get to comic con, stand in line and hunt down the exclusive, it's a slap in the face.

So for that reason, we tried a new method.  We made an exclusive, but the part that was exclusive was the header for the packaging.  That way, the ultra collectors out there, can still have an exclusive to chase, but we don't eliminate the casual fan, because we then sell the figures "loose" after the event.  

For me, it seemed like a cool idea.  We don't leave any of the collectors out in the cold, and we make something that the ultra hardcore would want to collect.  Reading this thread, it seems people just didn't like this at all!  Who knew trying to help everyone would lead to such an outpouring of hate!   I personally don't collect packaging and would have been the kind of person who didn't care about an exclusive header as I would have opened it either way.  

I guess I just don't see how this was counter productive or a bad idea?  This way everyone that wants to collect the figures, has a chance to.

Maybe next time we'll try another method!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com