• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

A HUGE thank you to everyone who ordered this weekend! I am almost done with all the packing and shipping. The bulk of orders and freebies will be mailing tomorrow. The handful of stragglers should be out by Tuesday or Wednesday!

Thanks again everyone! The response was HUGE!

#2 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

Congrats!

#3 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

The response was HUGE!

Awesome!

It's well deserved, after all the time/effort that you put into this project.

Thanks for bringing us some awesome figs, man.
Hopefully we will see more of these down the road.

#4 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

Can't wait to order more, thanks again! I've told some friends and they are blown away. Great work!

#5 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

I purchased the two painted figures, and they are AMAZING!  I'm in for the other colorways soon.  Hope there are more heads, tails and arms, in the works  There's a lot of stuff that can be done with these guys.

#6 sinchicken

sinchicken

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

I ordered 3 of these guys on drop night to test the waters.  They are incredibly awesome!

Just went back and put in another order.  I could only get one black scorpion though. I would to see more colors and paint apps in the near future!

#7 wld123

wld123

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

I bought a set of painted figures and a set of black, and they are awesome! So good, in fact, that I've ordered four more sets so that I can customize them. Count me in for any new figures or pieces that come out. 

Thanks for bringing them out - it's re-ignited my LRG interest.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

I ordered 3 of these guys on drop night to test the waters.  They are incredibly awesome!

Just went back and put in another order.  I could only get one black scorpion though. I would to see more colors and paint apps in the near future!

Glad you guys like them! The unpainted black scorpion is now sold out but there are a few of the Rhinos left. I'm working on another batch right now so I will see if I can order some more of those.

I bought a set of painted figures and a set of black, and they are awesome! So good, in fact, that I've ordered four more sets so that I can customize them. Count me in for any new figures or pieces that come out. 

Thanks for bringing them out - it's re-ignited my LRG interest.

Please post pics of them once they are painted up. I'm pretty anxious to see how these come out with custom paint jobs.

Thanks guys!

#9 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

As soon as my budget gets some leeway (after Christmas shopping is done) I'll be sure to get some more and maybe try my hand at customizing.

So now that the first serie is out, that you have a proper factory and I think a successful launch, are you going to do a kickstarter for series 2? 'Cause I'd totally be on board for more of these amazing little guys whenever you're ready! 

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

So now that the first serie is out, that you have a proper factory and I think a successful launch, are you going to do a kickstarter for series 2? 'Cause I'd totally be on board for more of these amazing little guys whenever you're ready!

We are certainly looking at that. If we do, we would like it to be for a ton of new characters, not just 2-4. We've got a bunch done and a couple more being designed. I am waiting on the ones that are done to be sliced up digitally so I can send them off to the printer and get the prototypes done.

#11 sinchicken

sinchicken

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:55 AM

If you're looking for any suggestions for other colors, I would love to see the scorpions done in a bright green for a "venomous" look.

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

That's a great idea. Toxic green for the armor or skin? What do you think would make a good complimentary color?

#13 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

We are certainly looking at that. If we do, we would like it to be for a ton of new characters, not just 2-4. We've got a bunch done and a couple more being designed. I am waiting on the ones that are done to be sliced up digitally so I can send them off to the printer and get the prototypes done.

Well I'll probably pitch in for ALL of them then :D

You should make one of the stretch goal a weapon pack! Like a single spru (ship them still attached even) with like a sword, a spear, an axe and a pair of guns.

That's a great idea. Toxic green for the armor or skin? What do you think would make a good complimentary color?

Toxic green would have to go for the skin. It would look sick as hell! Armor I'd see purple myself, it always looks cool with green and is just as venomous. Or maybe some late G1 Decepticon pink :p Or something bright like orange? Or just a clear green all around.

#14 sinchicken

sinchicken

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

As for the toxic green: In my ideal situation, there would be figures molded in green at your basic price point, then for the paint app figures, leave the skin green and paint up the armor.  Purple would be great as a complimentary color for the armor.

#15 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

As for the toxic green: In my ideal situation, there would be figures molded in green at your basic price point, then for the paint app figures, leave the skin green and paint up the armor.  Purple would be great as a complimentary color for the armor.

Might looks better if they were cast in metallic purple and have the skin painted up bright green instead. Though I would still like unpainted green dudes.

I'd love to see some blue on the Rhino, as a callback to the Laser Beast Rhino I got (Sailon?).

Edited by Undrave, 30 November 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com