75 replies to this topic

#26 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

That's exactly it. The chase figure has a considerable heft over the other figures in the line.

#27 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

This will be a line I might be picking up. I have to get a sample pack first. Does anyone know if the figures in the single packs overlap with the ones in the carded two-packs? Perhaps the weapons and paint schemes differ? Thanks for the review this is the extra info I needed to lean me towards buying these guys.

#28 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

This will be a line I might be picking up. I have to get a sample pack first. Does anyone know if the figures in the single packs overlap with the ones in the carded two-packs? Perhaps the weapons and paint schemes differ? Thanks for the review this is the extra info I needed to lean me towards buying these guys.

They are the same figures, with varying paint/color schemes.

#29 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

That's exactly it. The chase figure has a considerable heft over the other figures in the line.

Thanks, the big guy is the best of the series, one of my favorite figures now. His teeth alone are EPIC

#30 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

I hadn't really planned on picking these up, but I passed by them in a Toys r Us the other day and grabbed a few. Definitely a cool line to collect. The review on ironmask's blog summed these things up perfectly. My only issue is that sometimes the teeth aren't glued on straight, and end up kind of lopsided in the mouth. It's not really a big deal if you display them from the side though. And for what its worth, it doesn't appear to be something that shows up regularly. I only saw a couple figures in the store that looked like that, but the rest I got were great, and my kid loves them!

#31 DuskKodesh

DuskKodesh

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Orange soda, Fallout 3, Vampires, Dinosaurs, Meat!, toys (obviously), My dog: Nebuchadnezzar, My Hubby: Mike, Ichumon.com, Industrial music, Dancing, Endless Ocean, Taeyang dolls, BJD's, Pokemon, Digimon, Sharks, and so much more.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

Okay I broke down and got two singles to try them out. Got Mireku and Deyan, not my first picks but they're cute. Gotta at least find that big guy to be happy though. XD

and thanks for the great review Ironmask. :)
Always hunting dinosaurs of many types, and anything cute. Don't worry, I have a warped sense of what's "cute".

#32 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

The big guy is pretty sweet.
I have an extra one, but it is up for a potential deal. If that falls through, I will let you guys know.

#33 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for the tip. I picked up the 4 blind packs in the box that felt heaviest to me, and 1 of the 4 was Vulltarex. I'm pretty sure it was the only one in the box.

My TRU has the two packs in one section with action figures and the blind packs on the opposite side of the store with the games. Makes sense. I think they will be stuck with the same box of blind packs for awhile. It's easy to miss.

#34 Dingo999

Dingo999

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Picked up a few blindpacks today and got Yurra and Kallan (got a double of him). Pretty cool little guys, I'll probably get more eventually.

Are the other sets available as well or is it just blindpacks?

#35 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Picked up a few blindpacks today and got Yurra and Kallan (got a double of him). Pretty cool little guys, I'll probably get more eventually.

Are the other sets available as well or is it just blindpacks?

So far there is a tin (comes with 2 blind packs and an exclusive Dino), 2 packs , and the blind packs.

#36 Dingo999

Dingo999

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

So far there is a tin (comes with 2 blind packs and an exclusive Dino), 2 packs , and the blind packs.

Ah, thanks.

#37 Netkid

Netkid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the tip. I picked up the 4 blind packs in the box that felt heaviest to me, and 1 of the 4 was Vulltarex. I'm pretty sure it was the only one in the box.

My friend told me that a box of single bagged Predasaurs contains 1 each of the 25 figures. No duplicates. So it would make sense that you only found 1 Vulltarex in the box. This also makes it incredibly easy to get a full set of 25 if you can buy an unopened case.

Posted Image

#38 Netkid

Netkid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I am 90% sure that I just bought a Vulltarex at Target.

Posted Image

#39 Netkid

Netkid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yep. I got a Vulltarex!

Posted Image

#40 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yep. I got a Vulltarex!

Pretty cool figure!

#41 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

Boardest Gamer in the Land!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Toys and board games aplenty

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Anybody played the game yet? I've passed these up several times now, but they look cool.
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense."

#42 2focusd

2focusd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I finally bought one of these last night and got Singa. I think these are neat and forsee more of them in my future. Are there places to get better deals than $2.99 each at Target?

#43 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

So what stores carry these figures?

I was at Target yesterday and didn't see them anywhere.

#44 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

I still see 3-pack tins, 2-packs with visible figures, and single pack blind bags at Toys R Us. They might have a BOGO 50% deal once in awhile, but I've never seen a clearance price on them.

I think I've only seen Predasaurs at one of the Targets in my area. They were in the section near the registers that has trading cards, and other blind bags like Playmobil and Lego. I actually saw series 1 Trash Pack blind bags at a Target recently too.

#45 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I still see thema t Target - restocked when they get low, even!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 2focusd

2focusd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

My Target also has them in the front with trading cards. I think I'll check TRU this weekend and maybe buy more.

#47 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

What is Target charging for them? Contemplating just ordering them from the Toys R' Us website. Although these aren't eligible for 2-Day Shoprunner shipping, which isn't ideal.

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

I think they are $3 a blind bag at Target.

#49 2focusd

2focusd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

That's right. What is TRU charging?

#50 Netkid

Netkid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

These must be selling well because my Targets have gone from carrying 1 box of these where the trading cards are near the checkout to carrying 3 boxes full! Before, they were just 1 box mostly depleted and now they're overtaking the trading card shelf space.

It also seems that they've expanded their products in the U.S. market. Aside from the usual tins, 2-packs w/goo, and blind-bagged figures, we now have:

-individual figures with battle vehicles (catapults).
-individual figures in egg-shaped containers.

http://www.predasaur...n/products/1/1/

And we're probably going to get the insect series now that we have a U.S. website for it:

http://www.predasaur..._invasion/home/

And the products for the insect series will be the same types as the 1st series consisting of tins, 2-packs w/goo, blind-bagged figures, a bigger box of blind-bagged figures, and individual figures with battle vehicles (catapults).

http://www.predasaur...asion/products/

Edited by Netkid, 22 February 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com