• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#26 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:23 PM

Ok, got 2 more and hit my first double, an Allosaurus which is actually one of the coolest looking figures out of the 10 I've got so somebody hit me up when you've got one or more to trade, I've gotten into a cycle of getting 2 a day the past few days but I've just ran two of the 3 Targets near me out of them so we'll see what the 3rd one has in stoc tomorrow!
-Barry

#27 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:37 AM

DANGIT! I am really wanting to get one and do it tonight. I am gonna have to force my wife to let me go to Target on the way home. I really want to have one.......before the two I got on ebay get here. :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#28 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:22 AM

The misses picked some of these up at target yesterday.

Got a volcano and 2 extra eggs.

we got

Rare: Thecodont
Ultra-Rare: Glowy T-rex

We did one egg after the other and the second egg fizzed over the volcano. We had a towel underneath it to make clean up easy in case we had some overflow.

We decided to wait to fizz the last egg tonight.

Anyone know if there are any color variations for the volcano?
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#29 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:19 AM

Again......how can they be ultra rare if we have found 4 of them already???? :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#30 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

THE WIFE CAVED! :lol: She had to go to Target to pick up a set of baby clothes for a shower she is gonna go to so I asked her if we could go and look for something else.... :D They had 6 and I got 4 of them. I only did 2 so far but I got Therizinosaurus and Archaeopteryx. Im gonna do the other two tonight with my younger brother. He will like watching them fizz. :D
Posted Image

#31 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

So, so so... whatdya think?

#32 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

Ok I did the other two....I got a glow in the dark T-rex (again I say How rare can they be?!???!) and a Postosuchus (Triassic-rare). I really like them.....kinda fun to get. I feel like a kid again. :cry: Shannon kept yelling at me to leave the egg alone until it had dissolved all the way. I am gonna go to the Target near my house today and see if they have more. :cry:
Posted Image

#33 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

I got a couple of the carded Dino Magic eggs last night, and I must say that I'm a bit disappointed with the figures. The ones I got were Stegosaurus and Ornitholestes, and they're not nearly as cool as the pics on the back of the card. Ornitholestes in particular looks pretty bad. At first, I thought he was supposed to be some kind of cheesy aquatic lizard, like those old renditions of Nessy. The skeletal Bronto was pretty cool, but these guys look like poorly sculpted knock-offs. It's just sloppy. :cry:

This is a gripe I've had before with toy manufacturers/distributers. Gamoja, MIMP 2006 and others look a lot cooler on the merchandising. In the pictures it looks like Kopenshevelle painted them , when you get one it looks I painted it!! To be honest I'd prefer them unpainted.

I've got some of these on order now - I should have some Dino Magic & Alien Magic turning up next week - I hope I get a skeletal one!! :cry:

I gave in and ordered a pack of Boogaz too - I don't know why I just want to see one in the flesh. They seem to be a big rip off though - you either get one or two (why the random difference I don't know!?) in the 'nose pack' and it costs about $10 :D

I also ordered some of these:

Attached File  toxic_mutants.jpg   31.4K   35 downloads

I know the packaging looks really cheap and nasty but they are distributed in the UK by the same people as the Dino/Alien Magic and appear to be in the same vein (this time hidden in slime though but still inter-changable body parts) so I'll take a chance...

Posted Image

#34 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

I got my two from ebay and my first duplicate... ;) I only have 6 and I have a freaking double, what are the odds of that. :rolleyes: I picked up a Ceratosaurus and a second Therizinosaurus. Anyone want to trade. :D
Posted Image

#35 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

I've got that extra Allosaurus if u wanna swap. I've been trying to pick up more but I've bought all 3 Targets near me out of them and don't know anywhere else that sells them inexpensively, although two of the Targets told me they would be getting more on Tuesday's (tomorrow's) truck so hopefully that will work out and I'll be back in the game :rolleyes:
-Barry

#36 skippy2003

skippy2003

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:24 AM

I went to Wal-mart this morning and scored 7 of them.
2 commons: Therizinosaurus
Ornithomimus

2 uncommons: Archaepteryx
Aleosaurus (so far my fav)

1 rare: Longisquama

2 "ultra-rare": T-rex
Triceratops

They seem really cool but as warned I lost 75% of the black paint on the T=rex and 90% on the Triceratops. :rolleyes:

#37 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

Anyone willing to sell their extras - especially Therizino! - as opposed to trade, let me know. K-Mart hasn't restocked and Wal-Mart doesn't carry them. So annoying.

I'm sorry I didn't get my own pics up like I said, my dad went on a business trip and took the good camera (it actually belongs to the company) with him. I'll get some crappier ones up, for anyone who cares enough to see Velociraptor.

Oh, and there's been lots of comments about the Ultra-Rares. Keep in mind that the egg included with a Volcano is always guaranteed to come with one, so that's part of the reason they don't seem to be so rare.

Edited by Boaconda, 07 June 2007 - 09:21 PM.

#38 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

When I saw that mine was a GITD I grabbed it out of the water and broke the "egg" away by hand. You have to keep an eye on it or almost all the paint will be gone.

I dont want to trade my extra yet....Im gonna pick up a few more and then see what I still need. Now that I know Walmart has them... :rolleyes: ;)
Posted Image

#39 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

Has anyone else had any luck finding these at Walmart, both of them near me do not carry them and Target is still out of stock. I saw Toys R Us carries them but only the volcano set, not individual eggs :rolleyes:

Might try K-Mart tonight, though at 25 minutes away it's a bit further than I really want to travel for these guys.

-Barry

#40 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

Awesome! Found 4 more at K-Mart. Hopefully they're all full of dinos I don't yet have!
-Barry

#41 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:32 PM

Dang man! I need to "ditch" the wife for like 2 hours and hit up the Wal-mart, K-Mart, and Target down the road. :rolleyes: You are finding them everywhere! Are they $3.99 at each store?
Posted Image

#42 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yea, haven't seen them at a Wal-Mart yet but Target and K-Mart are both $3.99.

#43 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

Ok, got mine open, 2 were new, 2 weren't. Now I've also got doubles of Thecodont and Glowy Brontosaurus. One more and I'm to the halfway point for the set!!

Now if I could only find somewhere else that sells them :rolleyes:

-Barry

#44 skippy2003

skippy2003

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:48 AM

The Wal-marts here in Ct. all seem to carry them. I aready bought out one Wal-mart and will be heading to the others today! BTW the price for single eggs at Wal-mart are 3.88, I have yet to see a volcano set.

#45 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:31 AM

KB toys has them.

I think the eggs are around $4.99 and the volcano around $12.

A bit more expensive but less then the offical site link to wildplanet.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#46 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

Ok I found a bunch more at another walmart this weekend. I picked up six of them and a volcano (because they do come with one of the GITD ones....didnt see that before :D ). I only fizzed 2 of the 7 so far, got the GITD Stegosaurus and the Velociraptor.

On a side note, I think the GITD ones get all messed up from putting them in the soap/egg material at the factory(or whatever you want to call it)....either that or they are painted badly to begin with.... I took a plastic knife and slowly cut away the egg around the egg I got with the volcano (since I knew it was a GITD). After I got it out and brushed as much of it off by hand as I could, you could easily see that the black paint wasnt on it really well. So there really isnt anything you could do to help make sure you GITD figure keeps it's paint. :(
Posted Image

#47 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

that's lame about the paint, i've finally broken the halfway mark on completing a set but i've bought out pretty much every store within a half hour range so i'm hoping for a restock soon!!

#48 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:34 AM

I fizzed 3 more of the eggs. I got a Triceratops, Thecodont, and a Kentrosaurus (sorry if the spelling is awful). I really like the Kentrosaurus.....very cool looking. But the triceratops and Thecodont are kinda goofy looking. :D Hopefully I wont have doubles on my next two. :(
Posted Image

#49 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:21 AM

I have fizzled 7 of em

I have 2 sets of duplicates.
GitD: T-rex and bronty

2x Thecodont
2x Kentrsaurus

1x Ceratosaurus

The 2 Thecodonts have very different paint jobs. One is dark and the other is a light green and you can see pinkish diamonds on his back.

#50 skippy2003

skippy2003

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

Thecodont are kinda goofy looking.

Thats ashame that was one I was looking forward to. :( Just picked up 6 more from wal-mart haven"t opened them yet.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com