112 replies to this topic

#1 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

Do any of our Italian friends have any more info on Dinofroz?

They seem to be pretty similar to Dino Magic...

Posted Image

I think the awesome TV ad can be seen here

Posted Image

Thanks!

Matt

Edited by matthewf1tz, 08 January 2008 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image

#2 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not another line! :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Those are awesome. Yet probably impossible to get here in the states.
More awesome (sic).

#4 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Why does America get all the low quality toys when other places get awesome stuff like that? =p

#5 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

Those look cool. Now why can't they have new Battle Beasts that bust out of those eggs?

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:22 AM

Why does America get all the low quality toys when other places get awesome stuff like that? =p

Because American kids are suckers who'll settle for bad toys because they don't know any better. Also i'd blame the fact that there's only a three or four year window where kids here even WANT toys anymore, after that it's on to video games or something else.

That being said, hear me, Dinofroz people! Release these here, and i will buy them. All of them.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:09 AM

I picked up one of these today from a toystore, I knew nothing about them really, just bought one because they lookes almost like the Bad Eggz Bunch :lol: I think I will post some photos later!

Edited by SebsterZombie, 22 February 2008 - 08:10 AM.

#8 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

How much were they? Does the back of the card tell you how many different ones there are? If you get more and have any extras let me know! :lol:

Edited by CCVegita, 22 February 2008 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#9 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:07 AM

How much were they? Does the back of the card tell you how many different ones there are? If you get more and have any extras let me know! :D

Like $5 :) All 48 Dinos are listed on the back card...it seems like there is 2 diffrent colors for each Dinosaur. I got the "Ankylosaurus" I really enjoyed filling the egg with water and see it "frooze" it sure looked like ice, but the smell was horrible :lol:

Do you want opened dinos? I think the biggest value in this toyline is to open them yourself actually :lol:

Edited by SebsterZombie, 22 February 2008 - 09:08 AM.

#10 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

I would like to frozz them myself but they dont sell them over here. I really like the figures thought. They look really sweet! Is there any chance of you scanning the back of the box and posting it up for us to see?

When you say $5 do you mean US?

**Edit**
Anyone read Italian? I was curious as to what was on this DVD that comes with the egg (why is this worth over double the normal ones for sale):

Edited by CCVegita, 22 February 2008 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

#11 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

I would like to frozz them myself but they dont sell them over here. I really like the figures thought. They look really sweet! Is there any chance of you scanning the back of the box and posting it up for us to see?

When you say $5 do you mean US?

Yeah they are pretty neat! They cost 39 Swedish Kronor, that's like $5 :lol: If you want a new one I can buy it and trade for something :)

here is a Swedish commercial:

http://www.vimeo.com/635273/

the add in the toystore was showing a 2-pack of eggs including a bonus figure. There was also 3 different playsets, "Artic Rock" "Jungle Rock" and "Desert Rock"

Edited by SebsterZombie, 22 February 2008 - 09:32 AM.

#12 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

BAH! Stupid LRGs making me buy them all the time!

Im gonna shoot you a PM. :lol:

PS- that link doesnt work
Posted Image

#13 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:42 AM

BAH! Stupid LRGs making me buy them all the time!

Im gonna shoot you a PM. :)

PS- that link doesnt work

Do so!

PS- Screw the link, I hate links, they never work :lol:

#14 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

Anyone interested in getting some of these? I figure since I am gonna have something shipped across the ocean I might as well make it worth while. PM me if you are interested in a pack or two. Barry....I am guessing you will be wanting one or two. :)
Posted Image

#15 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

Sounds like a plan mate, as long as you're picking up some grab me like 3 or 4, or see if there's a distributor over there and you can get a bulk discount on a box or case.
-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 22 February 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#16 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:35 AM

Depends on cost per pack, but I might like a couple as well, see what the hubbub is all about. They look like some small improvement over Dino Magic, but it's not easy to tell for certain.

#17 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

Ok I am getting together a list of people who want to get some of these. Right now I have this:

Me: 4 packs
lhssenior: 3-4
Scumdogg: 2
Boaconda: ?

Total: 10

Anyone else interested?
Posted Image

#18 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

Because American kids are suckers who'll settle for bad toys because they don't know any better.

I think American kids will settle for just about anything, whether or not it's a half-baked curse upon collectorkind like Boogaz. At least Dino Magic, Dragon Magic and Dinofroz are better choices for collectors.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#19 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Hahahaha.....I TOTALLY forgot about these little guys! :wallbash: Im not getting any of these now.....too much going on with life and other collections.
Posted Image

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

Hahahaha.....I TOTALLY forgot about these little guys! :wallbash: Im not getting any of these now.....too much going on with life and other collections.

Too bad, when i saw this bumped up again i was like "Yesss!!!". :lol:

I'm comfortable with not getting 'em though, i'm just glad it's you that made the decision. Every once in a while i need someone to help prevent me from getting my hands on a new line. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:44 AM

Every once in a while i need someone to help prevent me from getting my hands on a new line. :(

Aint that the truth..... :lol: Kinda depressed me that I had to be the one to say no. :(
Posted Image

#22 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

Also i'd blame the fact that there's only a three or four year window where kids here even WANT toys anymore, after that it's on to video games or something else.

The only problem is that video games are too expensive to collect in large amounts and it could end up costing insurance if any careful movement isn't made, Scumdogg. I still pretty think that American kids will settle for just about anything, as long as they know how to behave better or at least be a better caretaker. And what was that about a three or four year window? Is there ever such a possibility that it could happen?

Well, if Mattel could unleash things tied with Cartoon Network and if Spin Master could release thousands of Tech Deck Dudes and Tech Deck skateboards and if Comedy Central could make ten thousand South Park episodes and Drawn Together episodes and all the crap that gets shot out of America's big, fat pieholin' mouth, then I don't see why Dinofroz shouldn't make it to the states.

#23 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

Whats this about 3 or 4 year window to play with toys? And games being expensive? Wow, you guys don't know kids. Or games.

I'm a 20 y.o. kid who still plays with toys, so :)

I've seen heaps of kids with handheld consoles who are also carrying toys with them at the same time. Videogames don't replace toys, it's just another kind of toy. I doubt videogames will ever replace traditional toys entirely, there's just something comforting about carrying around a lump of plastic/cloth/whatever wherever you go, shaped in the shape of something awesome.

The real problem is that these days society is encouraging kids to throw away their toys in favor of getting ready for adulthood, kids don't want to throw toys away, but they do want to imitate their elders. Some scumbag marketing filth has noticed the 'imitate adults' thing and started the adultifying-everything-for-kids tend. This line of argument is going to get me ranting about how there's so much damn sexual clothing made for kids. WTF? Hot pants, miniskirts, sexy heels etc. are worn to get laid, NOT FOR DRESSING YOUR WAY-PREPUBESCENT KIDS IN. And I'll stop now.

Course, there's a huge adult gamer population, so kids can imitate adults by playing videogames. GTA is NOT for the youngins, but I don't know a kid who hasn't played it. Irresponsible parenting is what it is. A responsible parent would dress their kid like a kid, and give their kid toys and games for kids.

ON TO EXPENSIVENESS OF GAMES; I actually find collecting toys more expensive than games. Sure you can get each minifig for less than a game, but a full set is gonna cost you - I've spent over $300 on FoP blind packs and I don't even have all the uncommons yet, let alone a Xar. Look at the way people go nuts over the idea of a magenta claw MUSCLE. I can't think of any game that would be worth as much as one of those!

Then there's the bigger toys and playsets. Anything with 'pokemon' on it is DAMN EXPENSIVE. Costs more to buy a 3 pack of plastic pokemon toys than to buy Pokemon Diamond - and a game like pokemon (or spectrobes) might as well be a full set of minifigs wrapped up in a diminutive plastic wrapping, and all you need is time to get them all.

Star wars, Transformers, even Barbie are all lines with high end prices, and there are good games that cost less than many of the toys in those lines. Toys and games are comparable - even one and the same in my opinion. A good bargain hunter will always come up with a better collection than anyone else in the end.

OH YEAH; Dinofroz - I found some at Kmart, but I don't know if I should buy them. They look kind of... well, cheap. I don't know if they're worth it for the price. I passed up Dino Magic and Dragon Magic because of how cheap they look, and passed on Alien Magic until they turned up at a fraction of the price in a discount store. Should I wait until the line fails to get it for a reasonable price? Or are they better looking than I think they are?
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#24 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

The real problem is that these days society is encouraging kids to throw away their toys in favor of getting ready for adulthood, kids don't want to throw toys away, but they do want to imitate their elders. Some scumbag marketing filth has noticed the 'imitate adults' thing and started the adultifying-everything-for-kids tend. This line of argument is going to get me ranting about how there's so much damn sexual clothing made for kids. WTF? Hot pants, miniskirts, sexy heels etc. are worn to get laid, NOT FOR DRESSING YOUR WAY-PREPUBESCENT KIDS IN. And I'll stop now.

Course, there's a huge adult gamer population, so kids can imitate adults by playing videogames. GTA is NOT for the youngins, but I don't know a kid who hasn't played it. Irresponsible parenting is what it is. A responsible parent would dress their kid like a kid, and give their kid toys and games for kids.

I totally agree with you on Grand Theft Auto, Airot. In fact, I wasn't planning to buying any Grand Theft Auto at all, especially if I'm raising any kids and taking care of my creatures. Besides, I've got some Dino Magic guys and other dudes to catch and collect, anyway. I'm actually pretty comfortable with not having any Grand Theft Auto games, though. And yes, the way irresponsible parents dress their kids is just horrible.
I thought that America was almost the only country with such bad wardrobe taste for clothing.

OH YEAH; Dinofroz - I found some at Kmart, but I don't know if I should buy them. They look kind of... well, cheap. I don't know if they're worth it for the price. I passed up Dino Magic and Dragon Magic because of how cheap they look, and passed on Alien Magic until they turned up at a fraction of the price in a discount store. Should I wait until the line fails to get it for a reasonable price? Or are they better looking than I think they are?

Dino Magic and Dragon Magic are actually pretty good choices to pick and choose if you want something collectible, Airot. I've got most of them and I also play with them. Sometimes I mix and match parts to make new guys out of extras sometimes. Do those Dinofroz guys have any moving parts to mix and match?

#25 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

I just realised how much I was rambling in my last post, lol. What I was trying to say is; kids are being made to be like adults with the sex and the violence (child crime is up over 60% in the last 4 years or something according to the newspaper), and we should try to return to the good ole' days where gumboots with trains on them were THE COOLEST THING you could wear to school, and maybe your cap on backwards too.

I personally own almost all the GTA games, and whilst fun, they're SO not for kids. But it's not videogames that are to blame, it's dumb parents who can't understand that not all games are for kids, not all clothes should be worn by kids, and for crying out loud, teach them that stealing and drinking and all that is wrong.

If we do this, more kids will play with toys for longer, toy lines will be more successful and more lines will be made, and we, the ultimate geeks, can collect more childrens toys and brag about them on the internet. :)

Also, with Dino Magic etc. I like dinosaurs and dragons, I like collecting, but it's too expensive for the low quality of the items and the sculpts just aren't attractive to me. Theres so much other stuff I could collect that I like more that I don't need to collect these (unless they're actually really awesome and everyone's been lying to me).
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com