• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#26 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

I'm guessing Scumdogg's sighting was a fluke, but it's hard to know for sure. Interesting that the Wild Planet site has a release date of March for the set of 12 eggs. Maybe they're not shipping to most stores until around then.

EDIT: Duh. Barry said March in the first post. Guess not enough stores have jumped on ordering these, yet.

Well they had a release date of 3/1 for the single eggs on the Wild Planet site which has now been changed to 'in stock' so maybe they pushed the release up. Still surprised there hasn't been more sightings though if that's the case. I wish they were only $4 from the site or I'd pick up a truckload of them already but alas I guess I'll just wait for the big box retailers.
-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 05 February 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#27 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Could have most definitely been a fluke. I haven't seen them anywhere around here since, and i've been looking. Odd for the Dayton area to get any sort of toys so far in advance though, any other time it seems like we're dead last on the priority list. -_-
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#28 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

I am depressed...... I am in RI this weekend and decided to stop in Walmart. I went back to see if they had any and I saw an entire rack labeled dino/dragon magic. They had TONS of dinomagic no dragonmagic. I was quite depressed. :p Soon though.....soon... :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#29 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

So i found another lone Dragon Magic egg today and bought it. Imagine my surprise, it's a double. Already. It's another one of the guy on the left in my pic. Anyone want it? I'll trade him for a Battle Beast, or any Dino Magic or M.U.S.C.L.E.s that i don't have. Or pretty much any other remotely interesting offer. -_-
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#30 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

I am! What BB stuff do you want? Shoot me a PM. -_-
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#31 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

So i found another lone Dragon Magic egg today and bought it. Imagine my surprise, it's a double. Already. It's another one of the guy on the left in my pic. Anyone want it? I'll trade him for a Battle Beast, or any Dino Magic or M.U.S.C.L.E.s that i don't have. Or pretty much any other remotely interesting offer. -_-

Where'd you find this one, Walmart again or another retailer? I'm still coming up dry in Western New York....Walmarts here still don't even carry Dino Magic.

Also, what aisle are the Dragon Magic/Dino Magic eggs showing up in at Walmarts? I travel quite frequently but am usually on a tight time schedule so sometimes I just pop my head in quickly when I'm out of town.

-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 16 February 2008 - 07:05 PM.

#32 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

They arent with the normal toys. They are with the weird out of place toys not the action figures.
Posted Image

#33 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

It's the aisle of random toy crap, the cheap junk kids rarely are motivated to get (Imperial dinosaurs, party favor-quality toys, etc.). I usually notice this section as a wall behind the aisles of actual toys, depending on store layout, and think of it as the Wall of Kiddie Junk.

Speaking of which! I went to Wal-Mart today to get some things I need (and toys I don't -_- ) and found out that it stocks six-packs of Dino Magic Eggs! And discounted to $17, no less. Anybody wants one, shoot me a PM and I'll pick them up next Saturday.

I'd love to get that dragon as well, if you don't give it to CCVegita first.

Edited by Boaconda, 16 February 2008 - 07:26 PM.

#34 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

I also picked up another Dino Magic 6-pack today... all doubles too! -_-

This Dragon Magic egg was found at Toys R Us. No shelf tag info to go on here, it was just kinda piled on a shelf along with about 5 Dino Magic eggs and a couple Mermaid Surprise shells. Almost makes me wonder if they're just shipping cases filled with random figures at this point?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#35 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

Dragon Magic have finally landed at Toys R Us here in Rochester, NY. Picked up the 3 they had today and they checked the computer and said there were more on the way on tomorrow's truck! Woo Hoooo!

EXCITEMENT!!!

-Barry

#36 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Cue Barry's post-egg-fizz rant about the accursed addiction he has to ____ Magic toys and the fact that despite buying three of them, two were doubles. :unsure:

#37 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Cue Barry's post-egg-fizz rant about the accursed addiction he has to ____ Magic toys and the fact that despite buying three of them, two were doubles. :unsure:

Haha, I'm heading out to dinner now, I'll let you all know how the ranting goes later tonite! ;)
-Barry

#38 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

If my current track record says anything about the line, yes, two are likely to be doubles. Good luck. :)

Also, if you get the Dragon Hunter i hate you. Just sayin'. :yes:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#39 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Looks like Im gonna have to make a trip to Toys R Us tomorrow! :yes:
Posted Image

#40 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

Yup, so much for random, 2 eggs fizzed so far and 2 Hydrax. Now THAT takes talent to get doubles on the first 2 eggs, oh well, here goes #3.

As a side note, both eggs I fizzed were gold, #3 coming up is blue, we'll see if that has anything to do with the "randomness" :yes:
-Barry

#41 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Ok, I got a Cinder this time and he looks pretty bad ass. :yes: Hopefully the new shipment will come in tomorrow as planned!
-Barry

#42 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:05 AM

I was actually right?! :lol:

#43 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:43 AM

There seems to be a huge divide between the Common and Rare tiers in this line. Like it's going to be impossible to complete the set without wasting a TON of money. So far i've fizzled 8 eggs. 7 have been commons, with two doubles. One was a rare. That's not even taking into account the "Ultra-Rare" tier. :lol:

I haven't noticed any meaning behind the egg color, either. Just seems random, like the Dino Magic eggs.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#44 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:56 AM

This Dragon Magic egg was found at Toys R Us. No shelf tag info to go on here, it was just kinda piled on a shelf along with about 5 Dino Magic eggs and a couple Mermaid Surprise shells. Almost makes me wonder if they're just shipping cases filled with random figures at this point?

Well I just called Toys R Us, and I think you're right about them coming in mixed cases as they just came off the truck an hour ago and they have 3 Dragon Magic eggs. Now I'm sure there wasn't that huge a rush on them as they haven't been out long enough for people to know about them yet and I doubt they come in cases of 3 so they must have been mixed in with Dinos and Mermaids.

If anyone's interested in calling a Toys R Us near them to save the trip of driving if they don't have them, the stock # is 788668310081 so they can check them in the computer.
-Barry

#45 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:59 AM

So interesting tid-bit. Just got back from Toys R Us picking up the 3 they had today and when they checked when more would be in stock, it came up as a discontinued item.... a day before the "official" release date :woot:

My thoughts are that either the mixed cases with Dragon Magic, Dino Magic and Mermaid Surprise all combined are discontinued and from now on full Dragon Magic cases will be available.... or TRU just fails at life. Anyhoo, I'll report back on what I got after I fizz them.
-Barry

#46 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Ok I called and the one TRU near me has 3.....looks like I am going on a little road trip. I didnt realize that the really close TRU near my house closed and was turned into a Babys R Us. But they told me the same thing...."this is not a new toy line, it is being discontinued". I want to try talking them into a cheaper price since it is being discontinued. :D
Posted Image

#47 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

Ok I called and the one TRU near me has 3.....looks like I am going on a little road trip. I didnt realize that the really close TRU near my house closed and was turned into a Babys R Us. But they told me the same thing...."this is not a new toy line, it is being discontinued". I want to try talking them into a cheaper price since it is being discontinued. :D

The fact that it seems like every TRU only got 3 of these I think confirms the mixed case idea. Now it just begs the question whether they're getting a new SKU in an all Dragon Magic pack or if TRU just won't be carrying them anymore.

I fizzed the 3 I got today and once again the first 2 I fizzed were the same, Huricano but the third was my first ultra-rare, Vrad from the Ice Clan. His whole body is translucent like the wings on the other dragons, real cool lookin!!
-Barry

#48 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:13 AM

I fizzed the 3 I got today and once again the first 2 I fizzed were the same, Huricano but the third was my first ultra-rare, Vrad from the Ice Clan. His whole body is translucent like the wings on the other dragons, real cool lookin!!
-Barry

An entirely translucent dragon??? Awesome! Now i need to go out egg-hunting again.... although the fact that two out of three eggs always seem to be identical is pretty discouraging. Especially now that i'm not the only one finding the eggs anymore. :( Wonder if things will mix up at all once they start releasing full cases?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#49 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

Stupit TRU....they only had one egg! But I got it and found a Rare Acid Dragon Nitric in a gold egg. He looks pretty cool....but I wish I had more. :)
Posted Image

#50 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

Stupit TRU....they only had one egg! But I got it and found a Rare Acid Dragon Nitric in a gold egg. He looks pretty cool....but I wish I had more. :D

Nice. I was actually wondering earlier today if you'd managed to find any, and then i was all concerned that you'd fizzle your first eggs, all excited, and then get the same dragons i sent you. Glad to hear you managed to score a rare on your first try, you've apparently beaten the odds. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com