• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#51 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

So I went to Toys R Us to get one pack, just because I was interested. I really liked the Dino Magic line. I had a lot of fun with it last summer. Anyways, I picked up one. There were only 3 at TRU, seems like that is the norm. I was all excited to get a little dragon figure, and I fizz up my egg and inside was Bruin, the ultra-rare Dragon Hunter. Has anyone else gotten this guy? He's actually a pretty neat figure. I admit I was rather looking forward to having an interesting little dragon figure, but this guy is pretty neat. I am not sure exactly how rare he is.

About the same quality level as the Dino Magic stuff. The pain apps are okay, but sculpt is pretty nice though.

Eric

#52 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

So I went to Toys R Us to get one pack, just because I was interested. I really liked the Dino Magic line. I had a lot of fun with it last summer. Anyways, I picked up one. There were only 3 at TRU, seems like that is the norm. I was all excited to get a little dragon figure, and I fizz up my egg and inside was Bruin, the ultra-rare Dragon Hunter. Has anyone else gotten this guy? He's actually a pretty neat figure. I admit I was rather looking forward to having an interesting little dragon figure, but this guy is pretty neat. I am not sure exactly how rare he is.

About the same quality level as the Dino Magic stuff. The pain apps are okay, but sculpt is pretty nice though.

Eric

:)

Man, if you want dragons i will give you like, four of them for that guy.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#53 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:10 AM

Eric

Good score mate! I don't know if he's more rare than the also Ultra Rare Ice Dragons but there's one of him and 3 of them so possibly. It's hard to tell if there's really any rhyme or reason to the rarity with these though. A buddy of mine got a 6-egg Dino Magic set and all 6 were GITD, 3 Stegosaurus and one each of the other 3 so go figure.

I hope other stores start carrying these Dragon eggs. Target's still got a virtual wall of Dino Magic eggs, 5 or 6 pegs overflowing with them so now they just need to get these bad boys so I can buy them all... and TRU needs to stop discontinuing things before their actual release date :)
-Barry

#54 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

So anyone see these anywhere else yet? I'm starting to get nervous that it's way past the March 1st release date and these still don't seem to be stocked anywhere :woot: I've had my taste and now I'm jonesin' for some more of these lil guys! :D
-Barry

#55 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

i havent seen them anywhere... only dino magic.

#56 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:58 AM

The only place I have seen them is TRU.....and they kept telling me that it was discontinued. I just wish there was a TRU closer to my work or home. It is a pain to have to drive over there to it. :woot:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#57 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

I haven't seen any in a couple weeks. Although i *have* noticed more Dino Magic eggs in a few places.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#58 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

HAven't seen these either. But other than Cinder and the dragon hunter they don't look all that cool.

#59 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:41 AM

Maybe somebody should email Moose? I suppose it's possible that they decided to axe the line but already had some eggs produced, so they slipped 'em into stores quietly and then are just going to let it die. :rofl:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#60 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

Maybe somebody should email Moose? I suppose it's possible that they decided to axe the line but already had some eggs produced, so they slipped 'em into stores quietly and then are just going to let it die. :rofl:

Hopefully that's not the case, I really don't want to have to buy the eggs from the Wild Planet site as even the 12 pack works out to about $5.75 per egg which is ridiculous.
-Barry

#61 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, the price on them at Wild Planet is clearly unacceptable. I love the line, but no way am i going to collect it with a near 50% price increase on the eggs. Especially with the ridiculously high odds we've displayed concerning doubles.

I went ahead and e-mailed Moose for information, i'll post the result here when/if i hear anything back.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#62 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:50 AM

I went ahead and e-mailed Moose for information, i'll post the result here when/if i hear anything back.

good work! I look forward to hearing what they have to say :huh:

Posted Image

#63 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

good work! I look forward to hearing what they have to say :huh:

Something else i noticed when browsing around the Moose site.... They've got this page with a ton of their toy brands listed on it, both current (Dino Magic), future (Alien Magic), and discontinued (Fistful of Power). No mention of Dragon Magic. Thought that was weird.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#64 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

Wait, Alien Magic is new? Or do you mean just not out in the US yet? I've seen them on eBay a couple times before, and there's some Crater Packs - equivalent of the Volcano for Dino Magic - up now.

#65 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:34 PM

Wait, Alien Magic is new? Or do you mean just not out in the US yet? I've seen them on eBay a couple times before, and there's some Crater Packs - equivalent of the Volcano for Dino Magic - up now.

I guess just not in the US then. I don't know, Moose's site is terrible. I just assumed they were a "coming soon" kinda thing since they don't have their own page or any information on them. :huh:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#66 Hollysman2008

Hollysman2008

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

I have an extra Aquwar if anyone needs him....

#67 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

I am interested. Hit me up with a PM and we can talk about a trade. :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#68 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:23 AM

Hi, Hollysman 2008, good to have you around.

If Dragon Magic keeps bringing people to the boards we are going to have to have Jkaris start up another subsection :D

#69 Hollysman2008

Hollysman2008

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

I have these extras to trade:

Posted Image

Dragon Magic Needed:

Bruin- Dragon Hunter
Frostbane
Darbiss
Vrad
Furness
Kombustor
Cinder
Nitric
Hrdrax
Nivek

Edited by Hollysman2008, 12 March 2008 - 07:08 PM.

#70 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

wow, nice pics Hollysman! thanks for sharing :blush:

Posted Image

#71 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:23 AM

Wow, I definitely wish I could find some more of these eggs to trade with you. In what stores have you found yours? Anywhere besides Toys R Us?
-Barry

#72 Hollysman2008

Hollysman2008

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

Wow, I definitely wish I could find some more of these eggs to trade with you. In what stores have you found yours? Anywhere besides Toys R Us?
-Barry

I found most at one Wal-Mart. We have about 5 Wal-Marts in the general area, and only one has gotten the Dragon magic eggs.

Apparently they come shipped randomly with Dino Magic and Mermaid Surprise, which is unfortunate because the Dino Eggs are starting to become shelf warmers and aren't selling too well.

#73 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

-Barry

I found most at one Wal-Mart. We have about 5 Wal-Marts in the general area, and only one has gotten the Dragon magic eggs.

Apparently they come shipped randomly with Dino Magic and Mermaid Surprise, which is unfortunate because the Dino Eggs are starting to become shelf warmers and aren't selling too well.

It's weird how a retailer as large as Walmart has such variation in what it's stores receive, especially stores so close to one another. I have 3 Walmarts within 20 minutes of me, 2 have never received any eggs from any of the 3 lines, and 1 had one box half/half of Dino Magic/Mermaid Surprise and never got any more in even though those flew out of there almost overnight. Hopefully more of these will show up somewhere near me!
-Barry

#74 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:36 PM

Well some good news up my way, checked the two TRUs by in my area again today and found a Dragon egg at one of them and the computer shows NOT discontinued and another shipment on the way, yet the other TRU still failed and showed a big giant fail in their computer so who knows what's up maybe they'll start popping up around here again!
-Barry

#75 Hollysman2008

Hollysman2008

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

Oh... I forgot to add, if anyone needs those 4 Dragons I have... i will also sell them for $3.00 each instead of trading them..

Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com