• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

i thought since many of us are starting to get into the plasmaverse line we should start an official thread for it. post any pics you might have. you can see the more detailed pictures of my dragons in my collection. here's some photos of what i have so far:

Attached Files

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#2 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

i'm beginning to think that the plasma kreap ghoul is a fictional character cooked up by the media. i mean, to think a cool figure like that could be hiding right under my nose is laughable. he..<cough>..he..<wheeze>..well, you all know what laughter sounds like.

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

The truth, and Ghoul, are out there!

#4 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

lol, there's a whole bunch of stores with a whole bunch of ghouls in my nearest shopping centre - at a range or prices from $7 to $10. What there isn't however, is an Archaeop.

Also, see my post in the collection forum for my plasma dragons, got 20 something now. For nice tabular data, and some stupid stories about how we went shopping for them, visit my collection website http://www.freewebs....ters/plasma.htm
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

i just picked up prongrowl, tempest, archeaop & talonlock. i think talonlock might be my new favorite. very cool heavy-duty blue dragon.

talonlock in all his mighty glory.
Attached File  talonlock.jpg.jpg   292.6K   32 downloads

tempest, prongrowl & archeaop.
Attached File  tempest_prongrowl___archeaop.jpg.jpg   307.5K   35 downloads

boaconda: that review is in french, how do i know that some french wiseguy isn't just faking that to further the myth of the plasma kreaps ghoul?

airot: they've got an archeaop at the shopko just down the street from my jobsite. i can pick it up for you if you want. they're on sale at shopko for $5 usd instead of $6. bastitchs. their sale price is the regular price at toys r us.

i'm still looking for scauld, crymson and gorgonaw. i'm sure there's lots others i don't have. like all of series 1, 3, maybe some of 4, 5 & 6. just slowly tracking them all down. there's three stores in the area that i'm going to hit tomorrow and thursday. then i'll have to double check what i'm missing. when the hell is series 8 gonna hit the shelves. they've got them up on their website, why not in stores? ;<

Edited by dankingery, 02 September 2008 - 02:27 PM.

#6 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

.... that gray gargoyle creature in the first post has the "it factor" working in its favor heavily. I do not have any interest in those type of things generally speaking but that is the exception.

If i see him ill pick him up.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#7 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

articulationnut, be sure to check out the zombie and the ghoul. both are extremely cool. personally i like them better than the gargoyle, but the gargoyle is definitely worth picking up.

#8 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

I'm also quite curious as to when delicious series 8 will be coming out. I NEED that skeletal dragon! Although I kind of still have all the kreaps and techs and half of series 2 to get before I start buying series 8... maybe I shouldn't be so impatient, eh?

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

patience schmatience.. i want dracolich! the other's i'm kind of indifferent to. i'll for sure pick them up, but i may have to get several of the dragon bones. i'm about to throw a tantrum if i don't see them in stores soon.

on a side note, i did finally track down gorgonaw. i think the last two dragons i need now are scauld and crymson. i don't know of any others i don't have. while picking up gorgonaw i also finally scored triceradar and got my first king arthur figs. the hidden action on these figs is really neat albeit simplistic. still, if i had a magic cupboard like the book indian in the cupboard, these guys would totally be fighting for my amusement right now. here's pics of my latest finds.

gorgonaw sitting pretty.
Attached File  gorgonaw.jpg.jpg   342.9K   11 downloads

the sneaky triceradar. i love how his left horn is mis-shaped. not by design, but due to the confines of his egg.
Attached File  triceradar.jpg.jpg   340.02K   12 downloads

king arthur figs skarsgar and sir gareth.
Attached File  sir_arthur_figs_skarsgar_and_sir_gareth.jpg.jpg   320.93K   15 downloads

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

You know, the same place I found that certain Kreap I PM'ed you about, I also saw plenty of Gorgonaw. Matter of fact, I've seen him at K-Mart for weeks too. If I'd known, you'd have had it a long time ago! Matter of fact, I need to find myself a checklist of all the Plasmaverse stuff out there. Can't keep names and appearances straight.

Edited by Boaconda, 05 September 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

i'm working on a plasmaverse checklist. hard to get any info off of mega brands and the official plasma websites though.

when i finally tracked down the gorgonaw it was with four clones. they also had a large selection of all the series 5 dragons. i guess as long as i check every single store in the valley i might find everything i'm looking for. got two more k-marts to check tomorrow for crymson and scauld. sucks though because each store is about 10 miles from my house in opposite directions. hello road trip.

#12 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

Yikes, at that rate you're probably better off buying online than burning so much gas! It's not so bad if you have to go in those directions for other stuff anyway, or taking a bus or something, but otherwise... I don't envy your wallet.

#13 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

well, if anyone is interested, you're welcome to use my 'checklist' table - It doesn't have any playsets or spinoffs just series 1-8 with names (and for the ones I've got, the types/titles as well). It's at the website I posted earlier, Just save the source code and edit as you wish, should be easy enough to figure out even for HTML illiterate people.

Oh, and I don't know if there are any more exclusives I missed - Merrin was the only one I know of so it's the only one I have listed. Pretty sure it was the only one.

Also, GORGONAW FTW. <3

Edited by Airot, 05 September 2008 - 07:36 PM.

#14 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Somehow, I missed both your link, which is neat, and after extensive searching on eBay, the fact that Merrin is an exclusive figure and not a standard release. I was nearly going crazy, unable to figure out why the heck every Plasma Dragon could be found on eBay save for him!

There are other exclusive Plasmaverse figures. Although I don't know them by name, three Techs are part of a TRU-exclusive playset (only remember that one is brown, nothing else). It's a jarring sight, since Plasma Tech and the others have been set so far apart from the general LEGO/Mega Bloks style.

I know I've also seen Dragons bundled together in packs, but not which ones. I don't think there are any exclusive Dinosaurs or Kreaps (dankingery's quest for the Ghoul aside).

#15 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

...There are other exclusive Plasmaverse figures. Although I don't know them by name, three Techs are part of a TRU-exclusive playset (only remember that one is brown, nothing else)...

Hmm, well I'll have to take a wander down to TRU and see if I can get one of those exclusive tech packs - if it's done the same way as Merrin was (orange repaint of Gorgonaw in a pack with Golgorath and Hydracc) then it's probably only one exclusive and the others are just normal techs - good to know seeing as I haven't started buying techs yet and I'd rather not be buying doubles, lol.

#16 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

Nope, all three were new colors. Just managed to find it on eBay, since Mega Bloks isn't that great about keeping this sort of thing on their site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=330223075455

Certainly wouldn't suggest getting it from them, not at that ridiculous price! The actual set was around $25.

And finding THAT reminded me of THIS: http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=330262787096

I don't know squat about this set, but I've also seen this one in person before. Couldn't be that great if it didn't leave any lasting impression like the Plasma Tech set did.

And not that this is exclusive or even has the Plasma name on it anywhere, #96001 Battlestorm Castle seems to use Plasma Dragon molds for the two small dragons included. The description for Dragons Towerbridge specifically mentions them, but I can't tell if they're the bigger, more expensive kind or the smaller ones we're collecting. Dragonstone Battlefield not only comes with one, but a neat troll-monster-thing as well.

But of course all that stuff is even older than the current Plasmaverse line, so skipping it and anything else I missed isn't a huge deal.

Edited by Boaconda, 05 September 2008 - 08:38 PM.

#17 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

PLASMA INSECTS?!?! JEEBUS I NEED THEM!

Anyway, there are a whole bunch of 'Dragons' playsets - supposedly a seperate toyline which appears to still be going strong, but it seems pretty easy to get them mixed up because of the horrible horrible parts cannibalism. There are some Plasma Dragons specific playsets too though, and I guess you would only be after those if you wanted to collect only plasma goods? I wonder what the paint quality is like for the Dragons mini dragons in comparison to Plasma Dragons? I'd buy a set if they were cheaper just to find out how different they are (and to use it for display of course).

Anyone considering getting the plasma hatchers? Apparently they have a clockwork mechanism which makes it look like they're hatching from their egg. Doesn't sound all that impressive to me. Maybe it's cool though, in which case I want the green one.

Edited by Airot, 06 September 2008 - 02:08 AM.

#18 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

something to remember is that the dragons line is different than the plasma dragons line. there are however i think several large plasma dragons. blue, red and green for sure. each one has a massive wingspan that also folds in like the shell of an egg. they had some of these on clearance for $9 when i was looking for the smaller types. almost picked up the two colors they had. online prices have been as high as $25 for these. i don't think they look all that great though.

it seems to me that mega bloks started with the dragons line, next maybe the fire and ice dragons, then moved into the iron ages line with dragons and then came up with the plasma dragons line. i could be wrong though.

have any of you tried the plasma hatchers yet? i'm nervous about buying them though. whenever i see them at the store at least 1 in 5 is missing the actual hatchling due to the stupid packaging being shoplifter friendly. and it's hard to tell by the weight which ones are still complete.

#19 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:15 AM

I was bored and decided to take some high res photos of these guys for use as backgrounds - here are a couple. Not sure if I should put the rest of this stuff in fanart or collections.

Attached File  dragonsdelicious_015.jpg   824.68K   11 downloads Attached File  dragonsdelicious_002.jpg   1005.99K   8 downloads Attached File  dragonsdelicious_010.jpg   1.06MB   6 downloads

I was going through the bio information on the website for each of the dragons, trying to get ideas about what kinds of environments would be 'in character' for them to be in (man that website sucks) some of the stuff they say about the dragons seems pretty weird/insane. According to them Hydracc's muscle mass can increase at a rate of 56% per DAY. Now if we think about that, just for a second, that means that if he started at 1 cubic meter in size, he'd be 1.5m3 the next day, by the end of the week he'd be 11.39m3 and, if my calculations are correct, by the end of the month he'd be 85,222.68m3. It wouldn't take him too long before he started dwarfing the moon (which is 2.1958×10 to the power of 10 km3 according to wiki).

Aside from that, Gorgonaw doesn't eat, sleep, breed, or anything. He just hunts constantly. Archaeop is a GIRL, Tempyst can fly sideways (aerodynamics anyone?), Stormer has a 'chameleon personality' whatever that is (apparently it causes trouble), Vile is the dragon version of a seagull, Brimer is the dragon version of a pack mule, Tailtorn's name is misspelled as TailHorn, plasma dinosaurs are born from magic blubber moss and the last crap from a dying dinosaur, and plasma techs are the greediest, cruelest, stupidest, most ambitious and disgusting monstrosities ever to grace the universe, intent on wiping out all life on Earth (yes, plasmaverse is set on EARTH) or at the very least tricking/enslaving/bullying all life for the purposes of stealing all the plasma, which they already drained completely from their own planet which was once virtually made from the stuff.

The stories seem pretty deep, if you can be bothered to trudge through all those horrible flash pages with scroll bars that don't work, and no complete version of the story anywhere.

I have however been persuaded not to bother buying the techs (almost).

Anyone interested if I go to the trouble of compiling all the information on an easy to read website? I'd prefer to make one with the stupidness toned down a tad - less dino poop, less growth hormones, less big words for the sake of big words and I'd make the techs a little more likeable - but that wouldn't be cannon with the official story. Maybe I could include the real version, and the more logical version? It wouldn't be plasmaverse only of course, it seems most of the toylines exist in the same universe, and to have the whole story they would all have to be included.

Edited by Airot, 06 September 2008 - 06:15 AM.

#20 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

how big are these dragons? they look really cool
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#21 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

the standard plasma dragons that come in the eggs are around 4" tall. some seem to squat more than others. here's a couple of pics for reference.

Attached File  0906081358.jpg   209.67K   12 downloadsAttached File  0906081359.jpg   205.6K   14 downloads

sorry for the poor quality, still haven't found my digicam.

#22 ladyzod

ladyzod

Drowning in a sea of toys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Superman, Megos, GI Joe, Stikfas, Microman, Alternative History, Quest for the Holy Grail, etc.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:41 AM

I've seen these around and every so often I'll think about picking one up... but rarely do I.

I love their minifigs (got their spideys and johnny depp pirates), and I'm contemplating picking up the King Arthur knights.

I did get one of the gargoyles, and a yellow robot guy (I think he's a Tech)

Love their interchangable joints. VERY Stikfas.

#23 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

I love their minifigs (got their spideys and johnny depp pirates), and I'm contemplating picking up the King Arthur knights.

There's these funky orc looking ones I keep thinking about getting, when I look at the photos on the back they look so sexily painted, but when I look through the little window on the front, they look like crap, so I always put them down again.

Do they look better put together than in the little plastic trees? Or was that marketing photo a blatant lie?

Also - got my first kreap, it's the mummy! Didn't expect him to be able to stand up, but he does. I hate how his head doesn't sit on straight though, the way the joint is forces him to have it pushed forward on a funny angle.

#24 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

There's these funky orc looking ones I keep thinking about getting, when I look at the photos on the back they look so sexily painted, but when I look through the little window on the front, they look like crap, so I always put them down again.

Do they look better put together than in the little plastic trees? Or was that marketing photo a blatant lie?

Also - got my first kreap, it's the mummy! Didn't expect him to be able to stand up, but he does. I hate how his head doesn't sit on straight though, the way the joint is forces him to have it pushed forward on a funny angle.

i think the mummy looks cool with it's bad posture. just think of it in terms of a few thousand year old case of scoliosis.

i've avoided the orc figures. they lack much in the desired areas of a great toy. however, i am prolly gonna pick up the vorgan castle. i guess it comes with a mess of the little shizznits. i can always feed them to talonlock. they're gonna need some blood painted on them first though. you only get four of the little guys in those packs for the same price as a dragon. thumbs down. they look so ass that there should be about 10 in a pack. the king arthur figs are so superior. not only do they look cool, they're detailed and they have the hidden action feature. what more can you ask for?

#25 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

i've avoided the orc figures. they lack much in the desired areas of a great toy. however, i am prolly gonna pick up the vorgan castle. i guess it comes with a mess of the little shizznits. i can always feed them to talonlock. they're gonna need some blood painted on them first though. you only get four of the little guys in those packs for the same price as a dragon. thumbs down. they look so ass that there should be about 10 in a pack. the king arthur figs are so superior. not only do they look cool, they're detailed and they have the hidden action feature. what more can you ask for?

But... I like orcs! They're my favorite commonly depicted humanoid! Screw elves, how boring can you get? Humans with stupid ears? Pshh. Orcs are the way to go man! They're green and everything!

But yeah, they are pretty expensive for the number you get. And they're randomly assorted aren't they? So you're bound to get a bunch of doubles.

Oh, oh, and I found a toystore with one of those plasma spiders sets! It's $60 there though so I'm gonna have to wait until they have a sale or something. Damnit! I wanted that!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com